100 Best Players of the College Football Bowls

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Caleb Williams performance is way underrated in the article. As much as Spears dominated, Williams was more impressive in the Cotton Bowl.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Williams did show why he was the Heisman winner. Pleasure to watch. Spears was spectacular too . When we were down 15 I told my wife and daughter whoever wins gets the MVP - Williams v. Spears. Spears WON!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:24 am Williams did show why he was the Heisman winner. Pleasure to watch. Spears was spectacular too . When we were down 15 I told my wife and daughter whoever wins gets the MVP - Williams v. Spears. Spears WON!!!
I have no qualms with Spears being the MVP whatsoever. Had USC not held the ball so long (they knew they'd have a hard time stopping us!) and Spears got more carries, the Cotton Bowl rushing record would have been threatened. It's 281 yards, I checked before the game! But Spears looked like a great back having a great day; Williams looked like a generational-type player. It will be fun to watch both playing on Sundays.
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:46 am Caleb Williams performance is way underrated in the article. As much as Spears dominated, Williams was more impressive in the Cotton Bowl.
Not really. Williams had much more plays to work with because of Spears having so many big runs which allowed the Wave to score quickly. Rushing over 200 yards with more than 10 ypg and 4 TDs is just as impressive.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:25 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:46 am Caleb Williams performance is way underrated in the article. As much as Spears dominated, Williams was more impressive in the Cotton Bowl.
Not really. Williams had much more plays to work with because of Spears having so many big runs which allowed the Wave to score quickly. Rushing over 200 yards with more than 10 ypg and 4 TDs is just as impressive.
We will agree to disagree. Throw the stats out the window, the eyeball test inside AT&T stadium told me one player was playing at a different level than the rest. As I said in another thread, Spears is a great RB that had a great day. Williams showed generational-type talent. Both will play on Sundays. If you were more impressed by Spears in the Cotton bowl than Williams, I can't fault you, but in my eyes Caleb Williams's performance was dazzling.