The Portal

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Have to hold on to Pratt. ND topic of interest.
https://notredame.forums.rivals.com/thr ... tt.182772/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:53 am per SI...Top QB's in the Portal ..
https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... ortal-2023
Crazy, college football self-destructing, both Tulsa quarterbacks in the portal, imagine if Pratt, Ibieta, and Horton entered the portal. Is this what we want from college football. Who can say this is good for the sport, absolutely stupid and destructive!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:02 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:53 am per SI...Top QB's in the Portal ..
https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... ortal-2023
Crazy, college football self-destructing, both Tulsa quarterbacks in the portal, imagine if Pratt, Ibieta, and Horton entered the portal. Is this what we want from college football. Who can say this is good for the sport, absolutely stupid and destructive!!!
with The Arch arriving in Austin and walking across Lake Lady Bird and Flyin' from the Clock Tower, two UT QB's are in the portal...and in my opinion, Hudson Card is better than the current starter, and will end up at TCU
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Card is getting a lot of interest from ND.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:24 am Card is getting a lot of interest from ND.
Judging quarterbacks is not an exact science, look at Baker Mayfield. Receivers, coaches, running game can make any quarterback look good. lack of any of those and a quarterback looks subpar. Might be good on one team suck on another, Some quarterbacks don[t fit a certain offense.,
NotJtS
Low Tide

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:43 am Judging quarterbacks is not an exact science, look at Baker Mayfield. Receivers, coaches, running game can make any quarterback look good. lack of any of those and a quarterback looks subpar. Might be good on one team suck on another, Some quarterbacks don[t fit a certain offense.,
The irony in this statement from you, Mrs. Horton.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NotJtS wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:55 am
Greeniegb wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:43 am Judging quarterbacks is not an exact science, look at Baker Mayfield. Receivers, coaches, running game can make any quarterback look good. lack of any of those and a quarterback looks subpar. Might be good on one team suck on another, Some quarterbacks don[t fit a certain offense.,
Baker Mayfield was a "walk on" because no one wanted to put up with is fathers BS...they learned from the Craig James krap
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If we decide we want a new QB, let's NOT go after this guy? I want someone who's name I can pronounce.

@On3sports
·
13m
🚨BREAKING🚨 Georgia Tech QB Taisun Phommachanh has entered the NCAA transfer portal, according to
@mzenitz
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:08 am
Baker Mayfield was a "walk on" because no one wanted to put up with is fathers BS...they learned from the Craig James krap
Well after being signed by the Rams this week, Baker led a comeback win with limited knowledge of the offense but failed in Carolina. Proof Quarterbacks fit an offense and coaching staff no guarantee they will perform under new staffs.
oliveandblue
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:52 am
Fritz doesn't win them all, but I will say that his players seem to actually like the guy and the program.

I think he's the "teaching with love" type of coach.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

:lol:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

oliveandblue wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:12 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:52 am
Fritz doesn't win them all, but I will say that his players seem to actually like the guy and the program.

I think he's the "teaching with love" type of coach.
Anyone who has had the experience of being around these young men well knows how respectful and mature they all are. In today's environment that's not easy and it's no accident. This staff brings in the right kids and makes them incredible young men... and conference champs.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:06 pm Anyone who has had the experience of being around these young men well knows how respectful and mature they all are. In today's environment that's not easy and it's no accident. This staff brings in the right kids and makes them incredible young men... and conference champs.
Yeah, you right. How many 18-22-year-old kids would stick around to play for a guy 40+ years their senior following last year's dumpster fire? And how cool is it to see a 60-something-year-old man crowd-surfing his players after wins? This team loves him, and because of him stuck around after a 2-10 season. I questioned, as recently as this past summer, if he could ever take us to this level. I was wrong, he can and did. Keeping us here is another story, but a problem I'm happy we're facing! Fritz is a good man. I truly believe that he turned down WreckTech because they wanted him to announce on Sunday night before the AAC Championship and he wouldn't do it. Fritz put integrity in front of the almighty dollars. Even if I"m wrong, as I was about his coaching, I don't think I'm wrong about the man's integrity. The example he sets will stay with these young men forever.

Now, Coach Fritz, please don't go for 4th and short in our end of the field against USC!
WeWave2
Ripple

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:43 am
winwave wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:24 am Card is getting a lot of interest from ND.
Judging quarterbacks is not an exact science, look at Baker Mayfield. Receivers, coaches, running game can make any quarterback look good. lack of any of those and a quarterback looks subpar. Might be good on one team suck on another, Some quarterbacks don[t fit a certain offense.,
I don't believe in the QB who fits any system. I do believe that there systems that are more QB friendly. All QBs are beholden to the environment. Coach. System. O-Line. WRs. Run game. Good defense.
wave97
Swell

QB is a strange position. They are given way too much credit for winning and losing. They are like NHL goaltenders, with the right people quietly executing at every position group you can win Super Bowls & Stanley Cups.
If your talent is wanting at DB, OL & DL you aren't winning anything, anytime, anywhere. Those are the singular positions that have more of an effect of the outcome than any fantasy league statistic.
GreenLantern
Riptide

A 6'7", 265lb. TE grad transfer from Dartmouth with two years of eligibility. I like it.

anEngineer
Riptide

About these grad transfers, I assume they are transferring for the Spring semester and eligible for Spring practice?
GreenLantern
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:15 pm About these grad transfers, I assume they are transferring for the Spring semester and eligible for Spring practice?
Zion Carter has not accepted the offer. Sorry for the misleading post.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:15 pm About these grad transfers, I assume they are transferring for the Spring semester and eligible for Spring practice?
Most are but some do need to finish their degree at the other school first.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:48 pm QB is a strange position. They are given way too much credit for winning and losing. They are like NHL goaltenders, with the right people quietly executing at every position group you can win Super Bowls & Stanley Cups.
If your talent is wanting at DB, OL & DL you aren't winning anything, anytime, anywhere. Those are the singular positions that have more of an effect of the outcome than any fantasy league statistic.
QB is the most important position on the football field regardless of your bias against fantasy football. I don't agree with your analogy about hockey goalies, either. As a former goalie, and referee that's worked over 10,000 hockey games, I've seen hundreds of instances where the goalie won the game against a superior opponent. Poor QB play or poor hockey goalie play gives the team very little chance of winning.
anEngineer
Riptide

Certainly QB play has only gotten more and more critical over the last 30 years due to MUCH more complicated defensive and offensive schemes. Anyone old enough to remember the power options in the Nebraska and Oklahoma days knows that those would be doomed today. QBs need superior physical and mental ability to succeed in college football.
anEngineer
Riptide

CamRon Jackson enters the portal from Memphis. He is a DT, originally from Haynesville LA. He's visiting Florida, but hopefully, we can convince him to move closer to home.