Cincy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
anEngineer
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:02 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:15 pm When were those tiebreakers adopted? Seems to me the schedule maker has a big part in the tiebreaker if a loss in the last game in effect eliminates a team. Might want to have an easy game late!
Its not like the schedule makers knew Tulane was going to be this good this season. If anything, they may have tried to make sure that both Cincy and UCF had easy games the final week. If anyone got the short end of it, it was Cincy.
Still, it's a stupid way to do it that is grossly arbitrary.

blueridgewave
Trickle

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:25 pm The first game in CUSA history Tulane vs Cincy @ Nippert...Tulane won...it will be destiny that the last game of cincy's membership in the AAC, with the game at Nippert, Tulane will show them the door with a loss
Was that with Bowden as coach?
blueridgewave
Trickle

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:10 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:42 am From Cincy
WARNING...these article are not approved for reading by forum member "Aegis."..read at your own risk

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660899007/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660346007/
"Fickell turned to Prater, and the highest-rated recruit in program history was ready."

Wonder if that means in Fickell's history or the entire history of the school? If the latter, then this kid is pretty good. We better be prepared.
Yet he couldn't get them in the endzone.
blueridgewave
Trickle

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:42 am From Cincy
WARNING...these article are not approved for reading by forum member "Aegis."..read at your own risk

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660899007/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660346007/
I enjoyed the articles. Especially reading cincy couldn't punch it in with 8 tries from inside the 15.....This, against temple!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Agreed
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:19 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:02 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:15 pm When were those tiebreakers adopted? Seems to me the schedule maker has a big part in the tiebreaker if a loss in the last game in effect eliminates a team. Might want to have an easy game late!
Its not like the schedule makers knew Tulane was going to be this good this season. If anything, they may have tried to make sure that both Cincy and UCF had easy games the final week. If anyone got the short end of it, it was Cincy.
Still, it's a stupid way to do it that is grossly arbitrary.
Win the damned game. Simple. If we don't win, we don't deserve to be in. We would have lost to both teams. Win the game. Everything else is just whining.

1-0 on Black Friday.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Preview: No. 24 Cincinnati to host No. 19 Tulane 'for all the marbles' on senior day
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 672748007/
Running back Tyjae Spears was healthy and ran all over Cincinnati a season ago. The 5-foot-11, 195-pound junior racked up 106 yards on 19 carries and had a 47-yard touchdown run. Spears has 996 yards on 115 carries and 14 total touchdowns (12 rushing and two receiving) this season.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

blueridgewave wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:34 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:25 pm The first game in CUSA history Tulane vs Cincy @ Nippert...Tulane won...it will be destiny that the last game of cincy's membership in the AAC, with the game at Nippert, Tulane will show them the door with a loss
Was that with Bowden as coach?
It was with Buddy Teevens in his last year.
Show Me
Tsunami

Game officially SOLD OUT.
Going to be tough to win there. Their fans really support them.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:58 pm Preview: No. 24 Cincinnati to host No. 19 Tulane 'for all the marbles' on senior day
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 672748007/
Running back Tyjae Spears was healthy and ran all over Cincinnati a season ago. The 5-foot-11, 195-pound junior racked up 106 yards on 19 carries and had a 47-yard touchdown run. Spears has 996 yards on 115 carries and 14 total touchdowns (12 rushing and two receiving) this season.
If Bearcats fans think that was Tyjae "running all over Cincinnati", they're in for a big surprise. This isn't Memphis, but I think Tyjae saves his best for last.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:09 am Game officially SOLD OUT.
nothing better than goin between the lines, and shutting 40,000+ people up..... and then goin in front of the few hundred people who traveled to support you, and seeing the pride in their eyes and the smile on their faces
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenie78
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:09 am Game officially SOLD OUT.
Yup it's gonna be tough, but the good news is that stadium won't be as loud as Manhattan, KS and Cincy isn't as good as K-State or Tulane. Wave needs to make a statement and dominate this game like they can.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fans will be in the stands. Our players will whip the players in front of them.

ROLLWAVEROLL!!!

1=0!!!
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

make no mistake, the pressure is on Cincy, the PEE school...Tulane is pressure free, it has already exceeded all expectations....and U can bet..Gus does not want to bring ucf back to Yulman...he knows Plumlee will get is azz handed to him
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Tulane1111
High Tide

They like to kick the FG & they are good at it according to that article.
BC Wave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:43 am make no mistake, the pressure is on Cincy, the PEE school...Tulane is pressure free, it has already exceeded all expectations....and U can bet..Gus does not want to bring ucf back to Yulman...he knows Plumlee will get is azz handed to him
Let’s go 1-0 this week!
Bigschtick
Riptide

I be fly"n my Angry Wave good luck flag over the Sonoran Desert Friday. Too much wind today to put it up early. Start like we did against Memphis and SMU and it won't make any difference how big the crowd is! And be reminded that our beloved alumnus ,Jerry Springer, former mayor, will bring us good luck!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:19 am I be fly"n my Angry Wave good luck flag over the Sonoran Desert Friday. Too much wind today to put it up early. Start like we did against Memphis and SMU and it won't make any difference how big the crowd is! And be reminded that our beloved alumnus ,Jerry Springer, former mayor, will bring us good luck!
I think Jerry should be leading the Tulane Team out carring the Angry Wave flag.... Jerry...Jerry....Jerry...Jerry...Jerry....Jerry....Jerry.....Jerry
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:43 am make no mistake, the pressure is on Cincy, the PEE school...Tulane is pressure free, it has already exceeded all expectations....and U can bet..Gus does not want to bring ucf back to Yulman...he knows Plumlee will get is azz handed to him
We haven't exceeded all expectations . The goal has been the conference championship. Now that the scenario has evolved to win or you most likely don't even make the championship game the pressure has really amped up on our beloved Angry Wave. Cincy has a clear advantage having been in the last three conference championship games and making the playoffs last year. Hopefully we learned from our UCF loss and are ready for the moment. With our strong leaders on this team I believe we will be!

ROLL ANGRY WAVE ROLL!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:28 am
We haven't exceeded all expectations . The goal has been the conference championship. Now that the scenario has evolved to win or you most likely don't even make the championship game the pressure has really amped up on our beloved Angry Wave. Cincy has a clear advantage having been in the last three conference championship games and making the playoffs last year. Hopefully we learned from our UCF loss and are ready for the moment. With our strong leaders on this team I believe we will be!

ROLL ANGRY WAVE ROLL!!!
We haven't exceeded the expectations of the team. But we HAVE exceeded the expectations of most students, fans and media.

That said, here we are on Thanksgiving Day, and all the goals the team set for themselves in August are still on the table.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Students ,fans and media should pay more attention. :mrgreen:

The point is my post is in response to golf saying the team had exceeded its expectations. and so they had no pressure. They haven't and they have a lot of pressure. We'll see how they handle it tomorrow.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:23 am Students ,fans and media should pay more attention. :mrgreen:

The point is my post is in response to golf saying the team had exceeded its expectations. and so they had no pressure. They haven't and they have a lot of pressure. We'll see how they handle it tomorrow.
Tulane has exceeded everyone's expectations except their own....just look at the pre season predicitons, by fans and media....
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:23 am Students ,fans and media should pay more attention. :mrgreen:

I agreed with you. I knew what you were responding to. Don't make a big deal out of it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:29 am

Tulane has exceeded everyone's expectations except their own....just look at the pre season predicitons, by fans and media....
Like I said golf you claimed that the team had no pressure because they had exceeded expectations. But they haven't exceeded their expectations and thus they do in fact have pressure. It couldn't be any clearer. Happy Thanksgiving.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.