Become a Navy Fan Today

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:23 pm I wonder now if we lose next week and there's a 3 way tie but we lost to UCF and UC would we go to the title game anyway?

There’s a possibility of a 4 way tie if UH wins out also.
First tiebreaker is head-to-head IIRC

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:25 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:23 pm I wonder now if we lose next week and there's a 3 way tie but we lost to UCF and UC would we go to the title game anyway?

That’s what I thought. So if we lose to UC now we’re out.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Tulane1111
High Tide

Play calling slowed down Plumlee…. Only 2 carriers in first half and then pulled him, wow. Talk about slowing him down, their Coach did it.

If we play them again and he is not the starter that would be quite a turn of events after what he did to us on the ground.
Last edited by Tulane1111 on Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruski
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:27 pm

Good. Our two losses this season were when the players started believing the hype.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Not necessarily. I posted the tiebreaker in the Conference Championship thread.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tulane1111 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:29 pm Play calling slowed down Plumlee…. Only 2 carriers in first half and then pulled him, wow. Talk about slowing him down, their Coach did it.

If we play them again and he is not the starter that would be quite a turn of events after what he did to us on the ground.
I can see our defense using a completely different game plan if we play UCF again. More zone, and a spy on Plumlee like Navy did.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:07 pm

Not necessarily. I posted the tiebreaker in the Conference Championship thread.
Gotcha.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

UCF was basically a flash in the pan program thank to McKenzie Milton. He's the biggest reason they're getting a Big 12 invite because they haven't done a whole lot since his injury.
Ruski
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:06 pm UCF was basically a flash in the pan program thank to McKenzie Milton. He's the biggest reason they're getting a Big 12 invite because they haven't done a whole lot since his injury.
lol. What are you talking about?

Heupal went 28-8. And finished 2 seasons in the top 25.

Malzahn beat Florida in a bowl game in year one.

And they sell out their 45k stadium. They are a flagship program.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:06 pm UCF was basically a flash in the pan program thank to McKenzie Milton. He's the biggest reason they're getting a Big 12 invite because they haven't done a whole lot since his injury.
Expansion into Fla and the 2nd largest student body in the country with 63K students and growing.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:19 am
Expansion into Fla and the 2nd largest student body in the country with 63K students and growing.
Add winning to that. They have probably won more games in the last 5 years then any other team in the AAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I truly believe McKenzie Milton was the best college football player in 2017, numerous times he put the Knights on his back and carried them to victory. So I agree, he was a hell of a player and had a lot to do with putting UCF on the national stage.

That said, throwing out the 2020 Covid season when they went 6-4, the Knights have "only" averaged 10 wins in the four seasons since that season. He played most of the 2018 year, so after he was injured, including the 6-4 2020 season, they're 33-14. I challenge a Tulane fan to find a 5 year stretch in our lifetime when we were 33-14.

As Tulane fans, we need not look down our noses at anyone. We've won more than 8 games about a dozen times in 130 years of football. I think we've won 10 or more about 5 times, but someone will go count and make me wrong because I'm off by a season or two. UCF made a commitment to building the infrastructure and winning culture when it mattered most. Tulane made a half-assed attempt at doing so. They've had more success in a short period of time than we have in our 130-year football history. Their fan base dwarfs ours, and that's been built at the time that we witness our fan base all but disappear.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think 10 or more for us is even less than that. I saw an article somewhere that said this would only be the second time since 1934. Not sure how accurate that is, though. We just need to stay consistent from here on out so that three years from now, we're the ones looking at 4 straight dominant seasons.

Just checked. 1931 in the Southern conference, 1934 in the SEC and 1998 in CUSA. That's it.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenie78
Riptide

I still stand by what I said. Look at what they've done since Milton got injured and they've been a good solid program, but not great and this is as the conference has steadily declined over the last few seasons. They're a good program, but still not what they were when Milton was the QB.
wave97
Swell

Thank God for the flex-bone!
Did the UCF defensive lineman escape without knee surgery?