Polls

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

At #19 we're getting to the point where you wont move up much more than a spot or two because there's not a whole lot of teams ahead of us. Of course, you win the next 4 including the CCG, that means you've won 3 games against CIN and UCF. There's still room for us to move higher. Lets go 1-0 each week.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenie78
Riptide

I think Tulane gets to #16.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm thinking #17. I don't see anyone that can jump us, since both #20 and #21 lost. #18 OkSt and #16 Illinois both lost, OkSt got hammered for the 2nd week in a row, and Illinois lost at home to a bad Michigan State team. Both are now 6-3. #17 was North Carolina, who won. They're 8-1 also, so I don't see us passing them. #s 15, 14 and 12 all win comfortably. #13 is Kansas St. They lost again, and are now 6-3, so maybe we pass them also. So #16 does sound right.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:21 pm I think Tulane gets to #16.
I like your thinking! :cheers:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Coaches poll just dropped, Wave # 17, up 4 places!👍🏻
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/p ... ches-poll/
Wave755
Tsunami

Eaglewave
Swell

#16 Baby!!!! Let’s go Fritz!!!!
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Once again The Athletic has Tulane ranked 14th
Worthy of a subscription.
https://theathletic.com/3769668/2022/11 ... ed_article
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

We swapped places with UCF . We are Now No. 21. UCF 17, Cinn 22. Still respectful IMO
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tufinal4
High Tide

Ranking of 21 & only dropping 5 spots is very fair after losing at home
RobertM320
Green Wave

Coastal Carolina has worked its way into the polls now at #23. If they don't lose, whomever wins the AAC needs to win out in order to assure that NY6 spot.
greenie78
Riptide

Coastal has two road games to end the regular season with one at Virginia and the season finale at James Madison plus the Sun Belt title game against either Troy or South Alabama. They can easily lose one of those games. I really thought USM had them last night, but they scored a late TD to win it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

greenie78 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:22 pm Coastal has two road games to end the regular season with one at Virginia and the season finale at James Madison plus the Sun Belt title game against either Troy or South Alabama. They can easily lose one of those games. I really thought USM had them last night, but they scored a late TD to win it.
Yes, but I wouldn't just assume they'll lose. They're only +3.5 at Virginia this week, so its not a given they'll lose.
Wave755
Tsunami

tufinal4 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:39 pm Ranking of 21 & only dropping 5 spots is very fair after losing at home
+1, a fair ranking.👍🏻
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yesterday it was 22 but in any event, one bowl prediction now has us in the Independence bowl playing Liberty in Shreveport! Big change from the Cotton a week ago. I think if we beat SMU, we get a better bowl.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:52 am Yesterday it was 22 but in any event, one bowl prediction now has us in the Independence bowl playing Liberty in Shreveport! Big change from the Cotton a week ago. I think if we beat SMU, we get a better bowl.
Tulane will have the "home stadium" adavantage
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:52 am Yesterday it was 22 but in any event, one bowl prediction now has us in the Independence bowl playing Liberty in Shreveport! Big change from the Cotton a week ago. I think if we beat SMU, we get a better bowl.
I certainly hope we win out , go to the Cotton Bowl and win it. If that doesn't happen the Independence Bowl is better than what else we can get. It is an established Bowl that's been around for a long time. It would help us show our brand to north Louisiana for recruiting purposes.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

A bit off topic, but Vegas now has LSWho a 15-pt. underdog to Geogia in the SEC Championship game. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... 4898c399c3
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The bowl predictions were solely predicated on where Tulane stood as the highest ranked G5. As soon as that wasn't the case, we're out of those projections. The Liberty Bowl would be preferable to the other Nobodygivesacrap.com bowl games. I'm more concerned that we play after Christmas and a quality opponent.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

#21 in the CFP poll.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

UCF 20 and Cincy 25.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:03 pm #21 in the CFP poll.
Kind of amazed we're still in this ranking.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We lost by a close score to another ranked team. So I don't think it's surprising I certainly think we are deserving of this ranking.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:22 pm Coastal has two road games to end the regular season with one at Virginia and the season finale at James Madison plus the Sun Belt title game against either Troy or South Alabama. They can easily lose one of those games. I really thought USM had them last night, but they scored a late TD to win it.
UVA cancelled the game...so go JMU !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Coaches Poll just dropped, we are #20 and highest ranked G5.
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/p ... ches-poll/