USM fundraising fraud scheme includes Brett Farve

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/09/14/brett ... tid=j16qom
The issue with Favre centers on the Hall of Fame quarterback’s attempts to raise money for the construction of a new volleyball stadium at the University of Southern Mississippi, Favre’s alma mater and the school where his daughter plays the sport. Favre sought Bryant’s help in raising money, and Bryant reportedly turned to nonprofit founder Nancy New for assistance.
Favre, Bryant, New and former welfare agency director John Davis worked together to funnel at least $5 million of the state’s welfare funds toward the building of the stadium.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Just Announced: The Longest Yard 3:
A sadistic warden asks a former pro quarterback, Brett Favre, now serving time in prison, to put together a team of inmates to take on (and get pummeled by) the guards.

Fellow Republicans who were also serving time in the same prison, Mike Lindell (My Pillow Guy) and Donald Trump were unable to make the team because of bone spurs.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:21 pm Just Announced: The Longest Yard 3:
A sadistic warden asks a former pro quarterback, Brett Favre, now serving time in prison, to put together a team of inmates to take on (and get pummeled by) the guards.

Fellow Republicans who were also serving time in the same prison, Mike Lindell (My Pillow Guy) and Donald Trump were unable to make the team because of bone spurs.
Farve was going to lead his team against another institution featuring Ray Nagin, William Jefferson, Jesse Jackson Jr, Rod Blagoevich, Kawae Kilpatrick, Marion Berry, George Ryan, James Traficant and Edwin Edwards....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:40 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:21 pm Just Announced: The Longest Yard 3:

Farve was going to lead his team against another institution featuring Ray Nagin, William Jefferson, Jesse Jackson Jr, Rod Blagoevich, Kawae Kilpatrick, Marion Berry, George Ryan, James Traficant and Edwin Edwards....
Hopefully Hunter Biden makes that team. Seems like a good fit.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ahhhh yes the hunter biden defense. The next defense will be bringing up Hilary's emails . . . Did we find ivankas and Jareds ?? Or did they print them out and put them next to the nuclear secrets and informants list and store them at mar a lago ?

I
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

Apparently Marcus Dupree is also being implicated in this. His claim is that he didn't know it was welfare funds.
torbida
Surge

Brett Farve,Ted Dibiase and Marcus Dupree all scum
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Athletic Dept named as a defendant in welfare $$ scam
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... lfare-suit
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981