USM Offense- The return of Hall Ball & Ty Keyes

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Anyone who has been following USM more closely than I pleasure expound. It does Look like hall has been alternating QB’s out of desperation. Ty Keyes former Tulane commit and 4 star recruit has been struggling. With that he’ll get some snaps in addition to zach wilcke. This is from fear the waves newsletter

“ Unsurprisingly, Wilcke’s hasn’t been effective while under pressure this season, completing just 5 of 14 attempts over 20 such dropbacks, whereas when he has been kept clean, he’s completed 20 of 32 passes, for a respectable, if not conservative 6.1 yards per attempt. ”

I wonder if we’ll run a similir scheme as last week to shut down running qb’s and gore and force them to try and throw the ball.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Keyes got hurt on a cheap shot in game 1. They are both young but both can run and do have strong arms. Wilkes is starting tomorrow but Keyes will play.

BTW, this should be in the game thread.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Saw some of the Liberty game, Wilcke is going to be a good QB.

As we like to play man to man, my guess is he puts Keyes in to see if we play man to man to drop back and run. Wilcke can run as well.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I’m talking specifically about the offense and a vaunted 4 star recruit Ty Keyes we all bemoaned losing. Go fuxking cry about Tulane not playing the sec or facilities somewhere else. . . Or maybe In the score prediction thread. I think you’re right below Troy Dannen as one of the biggest buzzkill and cancers on tulane football. What are you trying to bully people thread to thread ? If this board has any leadership they would have banned you and watched the engagement increase. What a joke, no shit you’re not allowed amongst other Tulane boards
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:42 pm I’m talking specifically about the offense and a vaunted 4 star recruit Ty Keyes we all bemoaned losing. Go fuxking cry about Tulane not playing the sec or facilities somewhere else. . . Or maybe In the score prediction thread. I think you’re right below Troy Dannen as one of the biggest buzzkill and cancers on tulane football. What are you trying to bully people thread to thread ? If this board has any leadership they would have banned you and watched the engagement increase. What a joke, no shit you’re not allowed amongst other Tulane boards
It's still about the game. Grow a pair and grow up. This board has leadership. That's why changes have been made as Show Me pointed out. I post on every Tulane site. You are the poster child for why Tulane is such a loser athletically and academically. Spineless.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Keyes wasn't a vaunted 4 star. He was a mid level 3 star:

https://southernmiss.rivals.com/commitm ... tball/2021
Last edited by winwave on Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aegis
High Tide

I never thought Hall called a good game. In my mind he would often be too predictable. Svooboda uses his athletes and the whole field much better. Not too worried about this one. Will be close but TU takes this one .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We had our second and third highest scoring offenses under him.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Agreed, it does seem that our new OC really works to get it to our athletes in space. Case in point how he gets it to James early in the game and in important situations. Needs to do this even more often, Tony Gonzalez style.

Look for at least 2 trick plays from Hall today, i would expect one early. Clearly Gore throwing is one to watch for.