USM Game Thread- TULANED AGAIN!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
sslatten
Low Tide

No thanks needed. My love for Tulane athletics was ingrained at a very early age and we all want the best for our athletic dept, teams and athletes. Some of us have different ideas of how to go about that, but i never doubt peoples passion. Best way to help out now is to get in the stadiums and arenas and support our coaches and young men/women, and where possible, donate to the FTW Collective. Its the best bang for your buck and will help us to retain the best and the brightest athletes.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

sslatten wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:18 am Was told this was brought up at Operations meeting earlier this week and extra staff as well as extra consumables will be stocked.
That being said, I wouldn't wait until 5:45pm to show up to enter Yulman.
Good to hear. Thanks.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

sslatten wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:58 am No thanks needed. My love for Tulane athletics was ingrained at a very early age and we all want the best for our athletic dept, teams and athletes. Some of us have different ideas of how to go about that, but i never doubt peoples passion. Best way to help out now is to get in the stadiums and arenas and support our coaches and young men/women, and where possible, donate to the FTW Collective. Its the best bang for your buck and will help us to retain the best and the brightest athletes.
Scott, just wondering, do you have any knowledge as to whether or not Dannen and Fitts have made any efforts at all, or are even interested in, trying to get into a P5 conference? I realize we may not be suitable yet, but it would be nice to know if they're even interested in making the effort.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sslatten
Low Tide

It has been and is on the front burner and are working every angle/contact they have. Its such a fluid situation and who knows where it will be 6 months or a year from now.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sslatten wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:47 am It has been and is on the front burner and are working every angle/contact they have. Its such a fluid situation and who knows where it will be 6 months or a year from now.

TD's interview last month contradicts that. He was clear that he felt Tulane's value is pegged at its current amount so it wouldn't matter if we changed conferences because we wouldn't get anymore money. Did you hear that interview? if so did you address his comments with him?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sslatten
Low Tide

I did not hear the interview so cant speak to that, nor do I care to; i just know what I have been told personally and its that we have been and will continue to be involved in seeking the best opportunities for TU athletics going forward. What that ends up being, no one knows at this time. I have complete trust in Troy that he will continue working towards what's best for our program and i have done what i can, and will continue to do so, to help move us in that direction.
RobertM320
Green Wave

sslatten wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:58 am I did not hear the interview so cant speak to that, nor do I care to; i just know what I have been told personally and its that we have been and will continue to be involved in seeking the best opportunities for TU athletics going forward. What that ends up being, no one knows at this time. I have complete trust in Troy that he will continue working towards what's best for our program and i have done what i can, and will continue to do so, to help move us in that direction.
Thank you for your efforts, Scott.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sslatten wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:58 am I did not hear the interview so cant speak to that, nor do I care to; i just know what I have been told personally and its that we have been and will continue to be involved in seeking the best opportunities for TU athletics going forward. What that ends up being, no one knows at this time. I have complete trust in Troy that he will continue working towards what's best for our program and i have done what i can, and will continue to do so, to help move us in that direction.
Well I'd suggest you listen because most fans took it as him saying Tulane was not going to be making any effort to move up conference wise. So you're hoping for fan support but the fans have been turned off by what TD said in an interview.

Here's the link:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... ICRAL&ep=6
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from Underdawg...speaking of defense
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2022/9/ ... is-hampton
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

sslatten wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:05 am At this point, Celestine is out-performing Spears in both practice and games; stick with the hot runner as long as he maintains ball security. Only way USM can win tomorrow is if we turn the ball over.

From what i have been told, depending on walk=up crowd, a crowd of actual butts in the seats is expected to be in the 20K range, which would be the largest home crowd seen by anyone on this TU team. Win tomorrow and that number will continue to grow.

$ 3 beers are Miller High Life, if you can find them!
That will be fantastic to get 20K+ into Yulman--keep the momentum going..
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

As a longtime Tulane fan, Scott, thanks for all you do for Tulane athletics. Seriously, I appreciate all you do to try to better Green Wave athletics. Thank you.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

sslatten wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:47 am It has been and is on the front burner and are working every angle/contact they have. Its such a fluid situation and who knows where it will be 6 months or a year from now.
Thanks for that ray of hope--it ignites a spark of badly needed optimism that the effort is still there.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wow. 14 minutes left in the game, Middle Tennessee State leads #25 Miami, 38-17. Only 7 FDs the entire game for MTSU, but TD passes of 69, 71 and 99 yards, and a pick 6.
RobertM320
Green Wave

You have to love the offensive play designs. We haven't had an offense like this in a very long time.
greenie78
Riptide

Our passing game has a long way to go.
greenie78
Riptide

Unforgiveable having a punt blocked.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

OL isn’t getting it done.
greenie78
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:13 pm OL isn’t getting it done.
Yeah especially against the blitz.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

We’re going to need to scheme around our OL in this game.
greenie78
Riptide

K-State up 7-0 early at OU
greenie78
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:15 pm We’re going to need to scheme around our OL in this game.
Pratt's running can hopefully slow that rush.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:17 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:15 pm We’re going to need to scheme around our OL in this game.
Pratt's running can hopefully slow that rush.
True. But that’s all we’ve had to slow the rush so far. How about some quick passes into the flat.
greenie78
Riptide

K-State up 14-0 at OU now. Still in the 1st quarter.
Forever TU
Surge

Report from the stadium - For those curious, the vast vast majority of the students have stayed through half time festivities. Let’s keep this up!
RobertM320
Green Wave

USM only has 5 FD and 109 yards of total offense. 12 rushes for 23 yards. Its the two short fields that kept them in this game.