USM Game Thread- TULANED AGAIN!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

Just got an email from Tulane. Apparently tickets aren’t selling. They now offering buy one get one free.
Tulane is undefeated through the first 3 games of the season, and they host Southern Miss this Saturday at 6 p.m. Ride the undefeated Green Wave into week four and help us pack Yulman Stadium! We are offering a 2-for-1 ticket deal for Saturday's game, so bring a friend and come support Tulane Football against Southern Miss this Saturday at Yulman Stadium!

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 am Just got an email from Tulane. Apparently tickets aren’t selling. They now offering buy one get one free.
Tulane is undefeated through the first 3 games of the season, and they host Southern Miss this Saturday at 6 p.m. Ride the undefeated Green Wave into week four and help us pack Yulman Stadium! We are offering a 2-for-1 ticket deal for Saturday's game, so bring a friend and come support Tulane Football against Southern Miss this Saturday at Yulman Stadium!
2 tickets for $5 each. I go see St Paul’s play over here and they charge $10 a ticket for High School. Hopefully we can sell out.
https://offer.fevo.com/southern-miss-3q ... c27ae5b%2F
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link tps. Good stuff.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:54 pm from H'Burg
https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/sto ... 499526007/
"Considering Hall's Tulane connections and the similar values on which the two programs rely, it's easy to view the experienced Green Wave as a model for Hall to follow and, if everything goes to plan, eventually exceed."

Total 🤘 on all counts!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:48 pm We already have a game thread.
I though that was the "we ain't arrived yet" thread
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MODS...please merge this with winwaves exisitng thread
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Looks like it was a donor...
Tulane Football is undefeated and coming off a big win against Kansas State this past weekend. A Tulane donor is stepping up to offer a "Buy Two Tickets for the Price of One" deal for our upcoming game against Southern Miss on September 24th at 6:00pm. Using this offer only, you can get two tickets for just $10 to come see the Green Wave in action. Limited quantities are available, so purchase soon!
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:24 pm
Looks like it was a donor...
Tulane Football is undefeated and coming off a big win against Kansas State this past weekend. A Tulane donor is stepping up to offer a "Buy Two Tickets for the Price of One" deal for our upcoming game against Southern Miss on September 24th at 6:00pm. Using this offer only, you can get two tickets for just $10 to come see the Green Wave in action. Limited quantities are available, so purchase soon!
Wow
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Everything clicking:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 8d2b9.html

We face a new test with an opponent that has a passing game. Looking forward to it.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Loving the publicity for the $3 beers and 2 for 1 tickets. Apparently USM fans are going to Take over the boot before the game. Hope the Tulane bros and feats are aware, would love to see them met with our finest
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:54 pm Loving the publicity for the $3 beers and 2 for 1 tickets. Apparently USM fans are going to Take over the boot before the game. Hope the Tulane bros and feats are aware, would love to see them met with our finest
Two questions- I have never seen $3 dollar beer in the stadium. Where is it? It doesn't appear USM is going to travel well for this game so I seriously doubt the Boot story.
Wave QB
Swell

We are off to a good start, but we have a long way to go. I am hoping that we don’t lay an egg this week and continue to win games. This is what our program needs badly! Wins! I hope Fritz and company and deliver.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 am We are off to a good start, but we have a long way to go. I am hoping that we don’t lay an egg this week and continue to win games. This is what our program needs badly! Wins! I hope Fritz and company and deliver.
Like the way ULALA lost last Saturday to Rice 33 to 21?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:50 am We are off to a good start, but we have a long way to go. I am hoping that we don’t lay an egg this week and continue to win games. This is what our program needs badly! Wins! I hope Fritz and company and deliver.
We need quality wins. As I've said before we have a 4 game schedule. K. St., Houston, UCF and Cincy. Off to a good start with a win in a game I said we'd win while many others thought we had no chance.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern
Riptide

Meet a fellow Tulane grad in Europe while on vacation:
"Hail fellow, well met..."

Meet a fellow Tulane grad on gotula.net:
"You're an a**hole... and a stupid one at that..."
wave97
Swell

True👍
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:39 pm Celestine not surprised:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... eee1b.html
Eye test tells me he's been our best rusher this season.
sslatten
Low Tide

At this point, Celestine is out-performing Spears in both practice and games; stick with the hot runner as long as he maintains ball security. Only way USM can win tomorrow is if we turn the ball over.

From what i have been told, depending on walk=up crowd, a crowd of actual butts in the seats is expected to be in the 20K range, which would be the largest home crowd seen by anyone on this TU team. Win tomorrow and that number will continue to grow.

$ 3 beers are Miller High Life, if you can find them!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well they better have plenty of them after the way they have promoted them. I certainly hope we have a large crowd. I also hope that if we do Tulane has the stadium properly staffed so that they'll come back.
sslatten
Low Tide

Was told this was brought up at Operations meeting earlier this week and extra staff as well as extra consumables will be stocked.
That being said, I wouldn't wait until 5:45pm to show up to enter Yulman.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sslatten wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:18 am Was told this was brought up at Operations meeting earlier this week and extra staff as well as extra consumables will be stocked.
That being said, I wouldn't wait until 5:45pm to show up to enter Yulman.
Scott... I want to thank you and your Family for everything you have done for Tulane athletics....we don't see a "Slatten" name on a field or a Stadium..but what your family has contributed thru the years, has allowed countless young men and women to go out and make a difference