Southern Miss Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We are 3-0 and have our scored our opponents something like 120-20 (pulling our starter for 2 of those 6 halves). We beat a good P5 opponent on the road for the first time in forever. STFU or get on the bandwagon. People are here now trying to jump on the bandwagon and I’m tired of the same bullshit being mentioned over and over.

Go f*cking cry somewhere else if you can’t the happy. Why don’t you just reread the same 3 comments you’ve made 100 times in the other threads and be satisfied.

I propose a ban on anyone who brings up de emphasis, Cow/dick or facilities while we are undefeated. Atleast in any threads that are unrelated. It’s ridiculous and bad for the Board. Let people vote on it, make it a poll and maybe we’ll get new blood here from the Tulane student/alum lurkers

Wave QB
Swell

USM 21
Tulane 38
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane 31

USM 10

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:28 am We are 3-0 and have our scored our opponents something like 120-20 (pulling our starter for 2 of those 6 halves). We beat a good P5 opponent on the road for the first time in forever. STFU or get on the bandwagon. People are here now trying to jump on the bandwagon and I’m tired of the same bullshit being mentioned over and over.

Go f*cking cry somewhere else if you can’t the happy. Why don’t you just reread the same 3 comments you’ve made 100 times in the other threads and be satisfied.

I propose a ban on anyone who brings up de emphasis, Cow/dick or facilities while we are undefeated. Atleast in any threads that are unrelated. It’s ridiculous and bad for the Board. Let people vote on it, make it a poll and maybe we’ll get new blood here from the Tulane student/alum lurkers
Toughen up buttercup.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

So Tulane AD Troy Dannen has declared we turned the corner with our K. St. win. Well thanks for putting the mouth on us Troy. Every time Tulane declares it has turned the corner it falls flat on its face.

USM 35 Tulane 20

Not so fast my friends-

This Tulane team is the most experienced and mature team we've had in a long time. WF also says it is the deepest team he's had. The team is hungry to atone for its 2-10 debacle last season.

Tulane 31
USM 14
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:45 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:43 pm The general public has little interest in reading about irrelevant programs. 25 years of Cowen and Fitts has made us irrelevant. A 3-0 start, or 4-0 start, is not going to erase 25 years of incompetence. We’ll need another 1998, or something very close to that, to garner interest in the media. This is the price we pay for irrelevance.
Actually it's been 75 years since de-emphasis started .
That's true. But like a groundhog, we've stuck our heads up and looked around two or three times since 1950--such as in the early 70's; late 70's/early 80's; and 1998. Those were times when we actually did get some local and national press recognition. Since the Cowen Dark Ages started, we've literally fallen off the media radar, both locally and nationally. And we will continue to stay off the radar until Tulane gives the world a reason to read about us.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:14 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:28 am We are 3-0 and have our scored our opponents something like 120-20 (pulling our starter for 2 of those 6 halves). We beat a good P5 opponent on the road for the first time in forever. STFU or get on the bandwagon. People are here now trying to jump on the bandwagon and I’m tired of the same bullshit being mentioned over and over.

Toughen up buttercup.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm guessing Bi just hasn't been around as long as some of us---give him time, give him time.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

Tulane 24
Southern Mississippi 8
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Toughen up buttercup.
This is the stupidity that makes this a tiny and insular community. Scared a poll would be in favor of banning this bullshit ?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:21 am

Toughen up buttercup.
This is the stupidity that makes this a tiny and insular community. Scared a poll would be in favor of banning this bullshit ?
Why are you subjecting yourself to this brutality. There is another board you can go to that will make you feel that "everything is going to plan".
Wave755
Tsunami

In beating Northwestern State, USM beat nobody - Northwestern State is 0-3, having lost to Montana 47 to 0; Grambling State 42-12 and then USM 64-10.

The Wave will dominate the Mustard Buzzards upfront on both sides of the ball:

Wave 49
Mustard Buzzards 10
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Toughen up buttercup.
Cry me a river. Seriously grow up. You are the second coming of a yoggie wanting to ban everything because your tender ears can only hear "all is well all the time at Tulane". It's obvious you can't handle honest and realistic talk about Tulane so go to the yoggie site because Steve isn't allowing this to become yoggie 2. Hail Steve!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:43 pm The general public has little interest in reading about irrelevant programs. 25 years of Cowen and Fitts has made us irrelevant. A 3-0 start, or 4-0 start, is not going to erase 25 years of incompetence. We’ll need another 1998, or something very close to that, to garner interest in the media. This is the price we pay for irrelevance.
And then not follow up that great season with a 3-8 again like we did in 1999.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:06 pm

Toughen up buttercup.
Cry me a river. Seriously grow up. You are the second coming of a yoggie wanting to ban everything because your tender ears can only hear "all is well all the time at Tulane". It's obvious you can't handle honest and realistic talk about Tulane so go to the yoggie site because Steve isn't allowing this to become yoggie 2. Hail Steve!!!
winwave correct here. A lot of past Tulane failures were not called out loud enough. This allowed futility to flourish Uptown. Now since this board has been created we got multiple coaches fired starting with Buffett Bob, CJ, Mike Dumbleavy, and a bunch of Fritz coordinators and position coaches. Credit to social media in 2003 from saving Tulane from D-3
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:07 pm

winwave correct here. A lot of past Tulane failures were not called out loud enough. This allowed futility to flourish Uptown. Now since this board has been created we got multiple coaches fired starting with Buffett Bob, CJ, Mike Dumbleavy, and a bunch of Fritz coordinators and position coaches. Credit to social media in 2003 from saving Tulane from D-3
All true.
Pepper
Swell

I'm on the train:

42-10
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I personally think it’s like 3 of you who are used to this and are vocal. I don’t think anyone likes it or wants it.

Furthermore- we have threads for all of these talking points.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:15 pm I'm on the train:

42-10
All aboard !!! :cheers:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:24 pm

I personally think it’s like 3 of you who are used to this and are vocal. I don’t think anyone likes it or wants it.

Furthermore- we have threads for all of these talking points.
There are a lot of things in life that most of us don't like or want--but we deal with them anyway. Here's a simple solution--don't read the posts, and your inner self will not be riled up.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastal, use the block feature if you must. Or go to the YOGGIE board. But those of us that have been around a long time aren't going gaga over a 3-0 start when we haven't beaten anybody. We're still 5-10 in our last 15 games for a blistering .333 winning percentage over the past season and a quarter.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:29 am Bicoastal, use the block feature if you must. Or go to the YOGGIE board. But those of us that have been around a long time aren't going gaga over a 3-0 start when we haven't beaten anybody. We're still 5-10 in our last 15 games for a blistering .333 winning percentage over the past season and a quarter.
Those of us, who want the most success for Tulane , are the ones who are the most vocal critics...3-0 is wonderful..as I posted earlier, this game will tell us a great deal about the Staff and Players mind set... and fyi, the Athletic dept @ Tulane are tired of taking my calls...the last time I was in NOLA to to take care of some business for my Mother, I knocked on TD's home door...no answer, thanks to those damn "ring doorbells" !..
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TXWave88
Surge

The only question I have is why are we wearing the bad luck black pants this week? They have not treated us well in the past, but since we switch up unis every week now, the curse may be lessening. If it is to disrespect USM due to their colors, then let's beat them down in those britches..

Tulane 31
USM 17

Hopefully doesn't feel as close, but USM hits on a few big plays in the passing game as we have not seen a team that has thrown the ball. Freshmen playing QB though so I hope we can force some turnovers in the passing game by coverage or QB pressure.

If given the chance, put up a big number on the scoreboard. If you want to crack the top 25, you have to beat the better teams and take care of business against the lesser teams.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tulane 27
USM 24

Closer than we want it to be, but still a win.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:29 am Bicoastal, use the block feature if you must. Or go to the YOGGIE board. But those of us that have been around a long time aren't going gaga over a 3-0 start when we haven't beaten anybody. We're still 5-10 in our last 15 games for a blistering .333 winning percentage over the past season and a quarter.
Personally I think its extremely unfair to judge this team by what happened last season because of Ida. I mean, that's like trashing a team that went 1-3 during a shortened Covid season for only winning one game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fact is Tyjae Spears said late last season that the debacle was because the team got too full of itself after the Oklahoma game. If it was all because of IDA WF wouldn't have hired 6 new coaches. We were a poorly coached team last year. WF did what he did because he knew he was coaching for his career this year. So far so good. We have a very experienced team that is mature . We also have our deepest team under WF per WF. I expect this team to break the turned the corner curse because of all that.