Tulane Beats Kansas State 17-10: 1-0 in Big12

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

What time is the Wave due back on Campus tonight!!!

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:42 pm What time is the Wave due back on Campus tonight!!!
meet n greet the team at the Stadium....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:30 pm Naysayers are quiet, I called it why they would win, recruiting has been even and the Wave had the edge in the trenches. Backed my prediction with facts, not opinions. Before shooting off take time to learn and study the teams, conference does not matter, looking at recruiting and intangibles. Now we have a huge opportunity, pack Yulman next week and pack Houston with a large Wave following to lead the Wave into a win against Houst0n!!! Imagine that we beat Houston and have a great year, we may back into conference talks!!!
Winning does that.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

WF has his best staff ever, one of the best at Tulane in years. All credit to WF.

And, in the 4th quarter, Ole Miss 42, Ga. Tech 0, anybody miss Chip Long? :lol:
GCLlives
Ripple

This is a good opportunity to enjoy a win and take a break from the negativity.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Massive win for the Wave. And there was nothing freaky or odd about it, we were the better team from start to finish. The D was tremendous, and again showed good speed and tackling throughout the game. And the OL line showed they could hold their own against what may eventually prove to be one of the better Big 12 teams this year. Suddenly the rest of the schedule looks very manageable and winnable.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:47 pm WF has his best staff ever, one of the best at Tulane in years. All credit to WF.

And, in the 4th quarter, Ole Miss 42, Ga. Tech 0, anybody miss Chip Long? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:49 pm Massive win for the Wave. And there was nothing freaky or odd about it, we were the better team from start to finish. The D was tremendous, and again showed good speed and tackling throughout the game. And the OL line showed they could hold their own against what may eventually prove to be one of the better Big 12 teams this year. Suddenly the rest of the schedule looks very manageable and winnable.
Hwave...gotta admit, Tulane looked more physical and in better shape than any Tulane team in recent memory.... Tip of the Visor to the Players and Coaches..... now, NO LET DOWNS..every team will be coming after you
RobertM320
Green Wave

TULANE SHUT DOWN DEUCE VAUGHN

The streaks are over. Vaughn had rushed for a touchdown in nine straight games and eclipsed 100 yards on the ground in eight straight games with the Wildcats. Neither of those things happened on Saturday.
Massive effort by the defense today.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

Been waiting 24 years for the Wave to “show me”. Today they did!

Will Kansas St fire Chris Klieman now?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:55 pm Will Kansas St fire Chris Klieman now?
It certainly should diminish any coaching interest previously considered by Nebraska.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:59 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:55 pm Will Kansas St fire Chris Klieman now?
It certainly should diminish any coaching interest previously considered by Nebraska.
They might want Willie now lol.
anEngineer
Riptide

You often hear about defenses taking several games to finally understand the scheme. Clearly, this defense got better in the second half of last season and now they really look stout. They lost Friloux inside for the season, but find a way to step up with the depth that Coach Fritz says he now has.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:05 pm You often hear about defenses taking several games to finally understand the scheme. Clearly, this defense got better in the second half of last season and now they really look stout. They lost Friloux inside for the season, but find a way to step up with the depth that Coach Fritz says he now has.
Yes defense won it. On offense we were 1 of 12 on 3rd down.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Awesome win today. Proud of our boys. Now let's sustain this and win the AAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:07 pm
anEngineer wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:05 pm You often hear about defenses taking several games to finally understand the scheme. Clearly, this defense got better in the second half of last season and now they really look stout. They lost Friloux inside for the season, but find a way to step up with the depth that Coach Fritz says he now has.
Yes defense won it. On offense we were 1 of 12 on 3rd down.
And K-State was 2-15 on 3rd, and 1 of 5 on 4th. 3 of 20 on the money downs.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

To put this in perspective, my wife and I will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary on September 30th. The last time we won a game to be 3-0 was on Sept 26, 1998, four days BEFORE we were married.
MicMan
Swell

Great game and roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Never in my life have I been happier to lose a bet and be wrong about a game. Heck, I didn't think it was over while we were taking snaps in victory formation. Lucy didn't pull the ball away this time.

The offense wasn't pretty but it found a way to move the ball and come up with the big drive when it mattered most. And any doubt about who's team this is has vanished. Does anyone care about the spring game or which QB was a better HS quarterback tonight?

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

What a game ! Lucy is dead at the bottom of the Mississippi.

Pratt has the heart of a champion. I love you all, thanks for being here and giving a shit. We are the core and the faithful.

Roll wave
Dave breslin
Swell

I’m one of those that ranked on Hampton last year and at the first half of UMASS. I’d be glad to eat crow and have a dominant D. When we did have one—we won.!! I’d eat more than crow if we could be dominant consistently. No reason we can’t!!!
JDTulane
Riptide

Coming out of posting retirement to say roll damn wave!!!!! What a win! Gutsy call.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Houston's just lost 48-30 to Kansas at home.
Forever TU
Surge

Now we need to pack Yulman next week and give Will Hall a rude welcome!!!!