Kansas St Game

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:57 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:52 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:29 pm Think of the roster that app state is playing against. . . tA&M has the best roster money can buy and are in danger of losing at home. (And to a lesser extent see Marshall and Notre dame).

Sunbelt is putting on a show this year. . . Wish we hadn’t grabbed those Conf USA teams
They took the CUSA teams because of the media markets involved
Yup and it looks awful.

I get UTSA and UAB. Obvious choices. Florida Atlantic has been a solid program as well.

But UNT, Rice, and Charlotte are awful choices.
UTSA, UAB, App St, Marshall would've been perfect. Throw in UNT/Rice if you're being preemptive and want to defend Texas from MWC. Rice and Charlotte just add more of the same problems that the AAC already has.

Clearly ESPN told Aresco who to take. And then they're gonna F the conference into oblivion when it comes to TV talks.

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I agree espn told us who to take if we want to keep our $7m a year payout for the next 10 years. That is double what the sunbelt and rest of g5 get. Make it count and let’s get into the soon to be watered down acc.

Anyway- we can beat Kansas state. They are certainly well coached and are humming like a well oiled machine, but this is a great chance for us. I’m hoping Kansas state will sneak into the top 25
anEngineer
Riptide

Marshall is NEVER a good addition. They are a trashy athletic program in every sport. There is always a fair chance that a fight breaks out during games.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

UTSA & UAB + FAU or App State and stop would have been everyones preference (Troy Dannen actually said this as well in an interview), but espn wanted the full crew (which we pay half shares).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:57 am I agree espn told us who to take if we want to keep our $7m a year payout for the next 10 years. That is double what the sunbelt and rest of g5 get. Make it count and let’s get into the soon to be watered down acc.

Anyway- we can beat Kansas state. They are certainly well coached and are humming like a well oiled machine, but this is a great chance for us. I’m hoping Kansas state will sneak into the top 25
Not sure the ACC is going to be watered down any time soon. They own all members media rights through 2035.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:42 am Marshall is NEVER a good addition. They are a trashy athletic program in every sport. There is always a fair chance that a fight breaks out during games.
+1, Marshall = 💩
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/ma ... rsity-3815
And, they like giving “second chances” to criminals of all stripes, too (players even FSU kicks off its team).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

AGAIN, we face a “statement” game. Like it or not, Tulane Football progress WILL be judged by it’s upcoming performance against Kansas State. Close won’t cut it at this point. Only a win will signify significant improvement. A loss will just further indicate that we can’t compete at the P5 level.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

K. St favored by 15.5.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:21 pm AGAIN, we face a “statement” game. Like it or not, Tulane Football progress WILL be judged by it’s upcoming performance against Kansas State. Close won’t cut it at this point. Only a win will signify significant improvement. A loss will just further indicate that we can’t compete at the P5 level.
Exactly, may well define the rest of the season. I hope the team comes fired up and ready to play!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Ruski
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:42 am Marshall is NEVER a good addition. They are a trashy athletic program in every sport. There is always a fair chance that a fight breaks out during games.
10 bowl games since 2009, winning the first 7. An actual 42k seat stadium, with sellouts this decade. Round of 32 in 2018 NCAAs. 9k arena they also fill regularly. The SEC is full of trash programs, no one gives a damn.

We got enough Rices in the conference. We're losing Marshalls. Something about those that live in glass houses....
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Some interesting things from willies post practice press conference.

Willie tried to recruit their amazing rb but lost out, but he beat Kansas state for spears. Said tyjae spears is going have to carry the ball a lot, (my thoughts- if he goes for 150+ we win).

He said we would have to populate the line of scrimmage, and alluded that we couldn’t go just body to body (their superior athletes). He got us in good shape last year to beat OU, so he’s had experiance doing this. Let’s hope we play a tight game and pull out the W
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

K-St presser today covering Tulane and Mizzo games.
Praise for Troy Dannen, Willie Fritz and Michael Pratt.
When asked about prep for OU he said absolutely not. Tulane is too good of a FB team to do that. (22 min mark)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:52 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:57 am I agree espn told us who to take if we want to keep our $7m a year payout for the next 10 years. That is double what the sunbelt and rest of g5 get. Make it count and let’s get into the soon to be watered down acc.

Not sure the ACC is going to be watered down any time soon. They own all members media rights through 2035.
I'm counting on bigger forces and pressures to undo that GOR arrangement. Fla. St., Clemson, Miami, UNC and perhaps a couple more will be under huge pressure to bail if offered by Big 10 or SEC. Where there's a lawyer, there's a way. :ugeek:
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The buyout is humongous and the ACC won't go down without a fight so I wouldn't bet on it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:57 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:52 am

I'm counting on bigger forces and pressures to undo that GOR arrangement. Fla. St., Clemson, Miami, UNC and perhaps a couple more will be under huge pressure to bail if offered by Big 10 or SEC. Where there's a lawyer, there's a way. :ugeek:
I don't see UNC in that number. Good school, state flagship, but mediocre football and not known as a football school (ie FSU, Clemson and Miami). I also think that UNC might not want to be in the SEC for a variety of reasons. I just don't think UNC is a good fit, but if they were to go, the B1G would make a lot more sense.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Between OU next week, and now Kliemen being a favorite for the Nebraska job I expect the distractions to be FIERCE ! may it work in our favor
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:31 pm Between OU next week, and now Kliemen being a favorite for the Nebraska job I expect the distractions to be FIERCE ! may it work in our favor
I would run from Nebraska as fast as I could...that said the next husker coach maybe bama's Bill O Brien...but on 2nd thought..it will be a PC hire, so Lindsey Vonn will be named HC
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... job-season
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:31 pm Between OU next week, and now Kliemen being a favorite for the Nebraska job I expect the distractions to be FIERCE ! may it work in our favor
Question came up in his press conference. He complemented Nebraska and is good friends with Frost. I bet he’s interested.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Big chance to “show me” we belong in the Big 12 conversation with a big road win. Just do it!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We get 4 chances against the Big 12 this season. Let’s take advantage of all.
winwave
Top of the WAVE