Ryan Wright

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Best Player in 2021 Green Wave Football Team

Has locked up a job with the Minnesota Vikings. Ryan Wright will be their new punter. By the 3rd or 4th game I was telling my kids he was the one most likely to make it to the NFL. He was the most consistent and really the most outstanding player on the 2021 team.

Pat McAfee says Ryan Wright Kicks Bombs (si)

Wright Shines with 4 Bombs After Locking Up Job

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I watched a couple of the Vikings preseason games, and Wright was outstanding. In addition to the distance and height of his punts, he has an uncanny ability to stick his punts inside the 10 yard line—his punts fall and just stick to the ground once they hit inside the 10.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

Ryan has always been able to launch absolute boomers more often than not. The problem has been the occasional 25-yarder. Hopefully, an NFL special teams coach can fix that.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:37 am Ryan has always been able to launch absolute boomers more often than not. The problem has been the occasional 25-yarder. Hopefully, an NFL special teams coach can fix that.
That was true but he had cleared that up in the last couple of seasons. He's going to be just fine.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Mods: Can we merge this thread with the one I started 28 hours earlier than this one? I guess nobody liked the title "Best Player on 2021 Tulane Football Team." But I thought all year long he was the bright spot in a dumpster fire season. And he only had 1 or 2 shanks the last 2 years combined.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This one is in the right forum. This was started less than an hour later the other one not 28 hours.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:13 pm This one is in the right forum. This was started less than an hour later the other one not 28 hours.
Yeah you right. For some reason I thought you started this a day and 4 hours later. Clearly more followed thread. End of month, had one of those days....hard to believe it's still Tuesday!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No problem. Hope things get better . Saturday's coming so there's that to look forward to.
Dave breslin
Swell

Hope we never have to punt all season. Who was our punter in ‘98?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We had a punter in '98?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:44 pm No problem. Hope things get better . Saturday's coming so there's that to look forward to.
The month ended when I hung up the phone before I said something to my new boss that would have gotten me fired! Saturday will be great! Golf and then...Citifield.

As much as my boys and I love Tulane football, I bought a 10-pack of Mets tickets early in the season and the last game I can take the boys to is Saturday night! Which opponent is worse: Nationals vs Mets or UMass vs Tulane? I'll come home from the game and watch it on ESPN+ but not live.

ROLL WAVE!!

Boom em Ryan!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Enjoy it !!!

Hope the Mets win it all. A friend died who was a huge Mets fan and we all put in to buy a betting ticket on the Mets to win the WS and all the money will go to his daughter.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

FWIW: Ryan had 5 punts in his first NFL game. I didn't see it, I'm just looking at the box score. Averaged 46.5 yards per punt with 3 of the 5 inside the 20. A pretty good line for a punter. Way to go Ryan!