Billy Napier pens open letter to Florida fans

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Greeniegb
Swell

The new Florida coach praised his fans' passion while gently reminding them of their responsibility to fund the program's NIL and facilities efforts.
As we enter a new era of college football with Name, Image and Likeness, we are fortunate to be at a place that is not only rich in history and tradition on the football field, but is also a top 5 public institution with more than 470,000 living alumni and incredible resources. We believe that NIL will be a strength at the University of Florida.

We also believe in the professional development of our athletes. For that reason, we established the GatorMade program, a holistic player-focused and purpose-driven initiative that seeks to develop Gators beyond the football field by providing them with the necessary skills to succeed in life.

GatorMade provides opportunities in financial literacy, micro-internships, networking, mentorship, agent education, NIL, business weekend trips and even service abroad. We want to have a place where we work toward having a life-changing impact as a person, as a student and as a player. And GatorMade provides the building blocks.

Greeniegb
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:19 am The new Florida coach praised his fans' passion while gently reminding them of their responsibility to fund the program's NIL and facilities efforts.
As we enter a new era of college football with Name, Image and Likeness, we are fortunate to be at a place that is not only rich in history and tradition on the football field, but is also a top 5 public institution with more than 470,000 living alumni and incredible resources. We believe that NIL will be a strength at the University of Florida.

We also believe in the professional development of our athletes. For that reason, we established the GatorMade program, a holistic player-focused and purpose-driven initiative that seeks to develop Gators beyond the football field by providing them with the necessary skills to succeed in life.

GatorMade provides opportunities in financial literacy, micro-internships, networking, mentorship, agent education, NIL, business weekend trips and even service abroad. We want to have a place where we work toward having a life-changing impact as a person, as a student and as a player. And GatorMade provides the building blocks.
Tulane's coaches should be front and center like Napier promoting NIL, that way the players known they have their well being in place.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:30 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:19 am The new Florida coach praised his fans' passion while gently reminding them of their responsibility to fund the program's NIL and facilities efforts.

Tulane's coaches should be front and center like Napier promoting NIL, that way the players known they have their well being in place.
This is a sample of one. But it would be interesting to know how many programs have the head coach and/or AD taking the lead in developing their NIL program. I would suspect that older coaches and ADs are slower adapting to, and adopting, such radical new paradigms as NIL. Willie may be too busy pulling together the right Medicare forms, as I haven't heard him say a thing about NIL--and we know why Dannen hasn't said much, it's fish'in season.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

I don't see how you can beat up Dannen on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Napier got this straight out of Tulane's NOLABuilt slogan. Tulane has been a pioneer in NIL with regard to player education. Some may only care about the funding side of NIL (and it IS vital), but Tulane under Dannen saw the landscape of NIL before many others and worked to make sure the players understood it.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:28 pm I don't see how you can beat up Dannen on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Napier got this straight out of Tulane's NOLABuilt slogan. Tulane has been a pioneer in NIL with regard to player education. Some may only care about the funding side of NIL (and it IS vital), but Tulane under Dannen saw the landscape of NIL before many others and worked to make sure the players understood it.
You got to be kidding. See how far that NIL education gets us.
wavemania
Surge

in regards to NIL, if Tulane could have offered some, i talked to a certain player from Alabama who was a local 4 star recruit and just transfered to Nebraska for that reason. Would have considered Tulane, if they would have offered anything.
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:54 pm
anEngineer wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:28 pm I don't see how you can beat up Dannen on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Napier got this straight out of Tulane's NOLABuilt slogan. Tulane has been a pioneer in NIL with regard to player education. Some may only care about the funding side of NIL (and it IS vital), but Tulane under Dannen saw the landscape of NIL before many others and worked to make sure the players understood it.
I clearly said that Tulane's initial focus was about educating the kids and, no, I am not kidding. That's exactly what happened. NIL is something that fans are responsible for, not the athletic departments. Get out your wallets if you want to complain.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:23 pm
I clearly said that Tulane's initial focus was about educating the kids and, no, I am not kidding. That's exactly what happened.
The NIL is about anything but education. Only Tulane and Dannen would try to pervert it into something that it is not. Classic Tulane, always interpreting the real world incorrectly, and taking the wrong path. And some alums buy into it like lemmings. No wonder we are where we are—which is nowhere.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:29 pm
anEngineer wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:23 pm

I clearly said that Tulane's initial focus was about educating the kids and, no, I am not kidding. That's exactly what happened.
The NIL is about anything but education. Only Tulane and Dannen would try to pervert it into something that it is not. Classic Tulane, always interpreting the real world incorrectly, and taking the wrong path. And some alums buy into it like lemmings. No wonder we are where we are—which is nowhere.
AMEN !!!.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !