Manning Passing Academy

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane well represented

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Who is the tulane player dead center in the photo with gloves on and looks like he's lining up in the military for some PT ? Dude needs to smile
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:48 am
tpstulane wrote:Jonathan Banks is participating in the camp.
https://manningpassingacademy.com
Hope that's not the same source that said Spoon was the next coming on the mound. :mrgreen:

On a serious note it's good to hear. He'll have better coaching than Tanner got but the offensive line play still needs to improve for Banks to have a chance or any of our QB's for that matter.

Tanner Lee didn't have it. Good coach or bad coach, the kid stunk up the joint. Hopefully, Banks shows improvement. The kid at least has wheels.
Banks is gone, you're responding to a post from 2 years ago.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Michael Pratt invited for 2021
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I would put Michael Pratt in the top tier of this group and in the top 5 overall
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:03 am I would put Michael Pratt in the top tier of this group and in the top 5 overall
That's saying a whole lot. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility, and hope Pratt takes that big step up we all hope for and borderline expect.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Even well traveled Lindsey Scott attending to instruct high schoolers on what not to do .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Michael Pratt

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Hoping he comes out of the OU game fully healthy. Looking forward to seeing how much Horton can learn from him over the next three seasons.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
gbgreenie
Surge

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:02 am Thanks for the link. Hoping he comes out of the OU game fully healthy. Looking forward to seeing how much Horton can learn from him over the next three seasons.

Will be a strong Competition don't think Kai will sit the bench for three years keep ignoring experts both Rivals and 247 Sports have stated reasons why Horton was under radar and how good a prospect he is. Keep ignoring experts articles, I will have last laugh!!!
Horton got recognized as 3rd in QB of the Year in the State of Texas over LSU signee Garrett Nussmeier
10 Finalists for 2020 Texas HS Football QB of the Year
Which QB had the best season in 2020?

Kaidon Salter, Cedar Hill (48%, 3,924 Votes)
Andrew Body, Miller (16%, 1,356 Votes)
Kai Horton, Carthage (13%, 1,043 Votes) (TULANE)
Ryder Hernandez, Cedar Park (5%, 452 Votes)
Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll (4%, 359 Votes)
Grayson James, Duncanville (3%, 281 Votes)
Eddie Lee Marburger, Sharyland Pioneer (3%, 234 Votes)
Dematrius Davis, North Shore (3%, 230 Votes)
Garrett Nussmeier, Flower Mound Marcus (3%, 212 Votes) (LSU)
Seth Henigan, Denton Ryan (2%, 156 Votes)
nawlinspete
Riptide

Let's cut the BS about the Mannings loving Coach Fritz and Tulane .

They love us soooo much Arch won't even say the word " Tulane " let alone have an official visit let alone play for us .

Time for the Mannings to end their BS ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

How the Manning Passing Academy’s star-QB counselors represent the ever-changing world of the QB position
https://theathletic.com/2713472/2021/07 ... ed_article
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the real pressing question...will Eli be in charge of the BBQ
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Manning’s showing Tulane some love
Archie and Eli
nawlinspete
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:24 pm Manning’s showing Tulane some love
Archie and Eli
But you are not going to get within a country mile of Arch ....
Pepper
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:50 pm
Show Me wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:24 pm Manning’s showing Tulane some love
Archie and Eli
But you are not going to get within a country mile of Arch ....
No shit sherlock. This is not an indictment on the Mannings. He's a top QB in the country. Plus, he probably doesn't want to sit the bench for 3 years.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
ajcalhoun
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:50 pm But you are not going to get within a country mile of Arch ....
I'm just curious, Pete. This kid could go to literally any college in the country and you have your panties in a bunch because he isn't considering us. Why should he choose Tulane? Do we contend for national championships? Are we an NFL pipeline? Are we rich in tradition and have a rabid following? Why should he ignore every other opportunity out there? Let's hear your pitch. I hope you have something better than his family has gotten rich in New Orleans so they owe us.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I’ll take a quick shot at it:

In the city that his father’s father and his fathers family has brought to greatness- in the arena that matters most to his home town and region he wishes to not only continue the legacy but to surpass their’s- How ? Bring the hometown perennial uptown underdog, where he and his family were born, to national relevance, win the heisman, become the 1st round draft and play for the hometown Saints. Along the way national endorsements via prominent Southern and global alumnae come in droves as the school is a national underdog story that takes over the news cycle. Stadium expansions, major Donars and an invitation to join the Big 12 and the SEC come as the next round of realignment takes place and the sleeping giant has been awakened. Tulane shoots up into the top 20 on us news report and Scott Cowan death yawp is heard around the globe. As Arch’s career comes to an end he can look at his family and smile as he exceeded all of their legacies . . . At that moment his own son begins to dream of how he could eclipse it himself.

Fin
nawlinspete
Riptide

Well said , Bicoastal .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

2022 MPA
Michael Pratt in attendance
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

uh oh, someone is not in that group. Meltdown high school stats, caps and underlining are on the way.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:02 pm I’ll take a quick shot at it:

In the city that his father’s father and his fathers family has brought to greatness- in the arena that matters most to his home town and region he wishes to not only continue the legacy but to surpass their’s- How ? Bring the hometown perennial uptown underdog, where he and his family were born, to national relevance, win the heisman, become the 1st round draft and play for the hometown Saints. Along the way national endorsements via prominent Southern and global alumnae come in droves as the school is a national underdog story that takes over the news cycle. Stadium expansions, major Donars and an invitation to join the Big 12 and the SEC come as the next round of realignment takes place and the sleeping giant has been awakened. Tulane shoots up into the top 20 on us news report and Scott Cowan death yawp is heard around the globe. As Arch’s career comes to an end he can look at his family and smile as he exceeded all of their legacies . . . At that moment his own son begins to dream of how he could eclipse it himself.

Fin
That's a great Hollywood script except for one thing: 1 player doesn't do all that for a program weighted down by adminstrative handcuffs. Tulane doesn't want to be BIG TIME in sports, particularly not in football. How do I know that? By every action Tulane has taken since leaving the SEC in the mid 1960's. Actions tell the story and there's been NOTHING done to change the script.

I don't fault Arch one bit for seeking a better program than ours.