Jay Uhlman is the new Baseball Head Coach

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:19 pm
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:46 pm By the way, Tulane’s tuition was $60,814 https://www.univstats.com/colleges/tula ... ttendance/ for 2021-2022 (with just about everyone from Louisiana getting at least 50% off). Apparently, a lot of people on this site pay “list price” for their cars, obviously not Tulane grads.😎
I've been trying to buy a new car since November. A hybrid SUV. If I could get it at list price, I'd buy it yesterday. But today you pay 10-20% above "MSRP" and wait 60-90 days for the pleasure of doing so, at least around here.
So, Tulane is a much better deal than a hybrid SUV. 😎 About a month ago the son of a lawyer in my office was just accepted into the Tulane School of Law, and happily he will be paying far below “list price” for the privilege.👍🏻

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:33 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:19 pm
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:46 pm By the way, Tulane’s tuition was $60,814 https://www.univstats.com/colleges/tula ... ttendance/ for 2021-2022 (with just about everyone from Louisiana getting at least 50% off). Apparently, a lot of people on this site pay “list price” for their cars, obviously not Tulane grads.😎
I've been trying to buy a new car since November. A hybrid SUV. If I could get it at list price, I'd buy it yesterday. But today you pay 10-20% above "MSRP" and wait 60-90 days for the pleasure of doing so, at least around here.
So, Tulane is a much better deal than a hybrid SUV. 😎 About a month ago the son of a lawyer in my office was just accepted into the Tulane School of Law, and happily he will be paying far below “list price” for the privilege.👍🏻
Not only a better deal, but a lot less frustrating as well.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Bottom line Jay Uhlman was one of few people left that was willing to work under Dannen (think of CJ being hired by Rick Dickson). Hopefully he can overcome this lazy azz non caring of baseball AD we have.
Too many coaches were not interested. Why?
If the money was there then why? A lack of respect for the program is my guess. You have an AD on summer vacation in Iowa doing video interviews from his boathouse or attempting too. Somehow I don’t believe he’d be doing this lazy work for FB or his NCAA committees. Uhlman will end up doing just fine here and Dannen who ended up backing into this hire will save face when Uhlman wins.
Guerry Smith interview on the radio explained it well. Even he was wrong. He pointed out that the job and program had diminished greatly since Rick Jones has left. Candidates in the past that had been or would have been interested had no longer any interest. This once storied program and its fan base has collapsed under Dannen’s 6 years on the job here.
The failure to move the athletic program in the direction of the Big 12 will cement Tulane into the dregs of the NCAA forever with no hope of getting out.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:58 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:37 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:00 am Do you think Dannen is tired of getting a response of “ blow it out your ass!”?
Which is kind of the same response we get from Gibson Hall.
Please...take RD's advice..."blow it out your azz, after you cross the street"
Oh yea, that’s right. I have to cross the street first. 🚶🏼
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Some stats:

The average need-based scholarship or grant awarded to first-year students at Tulane University was $38,616.

76% of all student receive some form of financial aid.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:31 pm Just had a nice phone conversation with a Tulane baseball legend. Jay has already reached out to the Tulane baseball family and wants to bring them back into the fold. He won over this particular gentleman. I’m encouraged.
https://crescentcitysports.com/uhlman-l ... &fs=e&s=cl
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:01 am Yet you agreed elsewhere it is in fact still a good job. As for pay Pierce was a sitting HC so may have started higher than TJ but TJ's pay went up with the extensions. As for Uhlman his pay is not out there yet. Fact is Walter wanted the job. When TD couldn't close the deal he went with the panic hire. Another in a long line of troubling thinking by him. As I said above we can only hope this one happens to work out. He has shown he can recruit here. If he can retain the current players and continue his recruiting and hire a good staff it may work out.
If Walter wanted the job why couldn’t TD seal the deal?

From what I’ve heard there were never any serious talks with Walter.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Uhlman says he's the right man for the job:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... d7ef6.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Scott Kushner: Tulane AD Troy Dannen avoids baseball overhaul with Jay Uhlman hire
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... &fs=e&s=cl
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

did anyone attend the meet, greet and overpay for drinks event ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:17 pm did anyone attend the meet, greet and overpay for drinks event ?
Lightly attended like all Tulane events.
Jaxwave
Swell

Probably why they didn't want an event in the first place. Disinterest and apathy are the cornerstones of Tulane athletics.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:54 am Probably why they didn't want an event in the first place. Disinterest and apathy are the cornerstones of Tulane athletics.
kinda like building the Empire State building with cornerstones of Leggos
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

I’m hoping that coach Uhlman becomes the most successful coach in tulane history and we name the baseball stadium Uhlman. That way we will have games at Yulman and Uhlman. Or, this may get too confusing for Gibson Hall.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:48 pm I’m hoping that coach Uhlman becomes the most successful coach in tulane history and we name the baseball stadium Uhlman. That way we will have games at Yulman and Uhlman. Or, this may get too confusing for Gibson Hall.
🤗🤗🤗🤗
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:48 pm I’m hoping that coach Uhlman becomes the most successful coach in tulane history and we name the baseball stadium Uhlman. That way we will have games at Yulman and Uhlman. Or, this may get too confusing for Gibson Hall.
:-D :thumbup: :clap:
Show Me
Tsunami

Love it!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Everything in the real world is too confusing for Gibson Hall.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana