Who should go first?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

Troy or Travis?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Troy
57%
Travis
43%

Total votes: 14
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:38 pm Still got fired from Tulane. As I said he was a good hitting coach.
Come on. You just said he retired from coaching. That’s completely false. He coached for years after retiring at Tulane.
He retired from Tulane after 18 years of coaching then continued in pro ball for years.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said above it just supports the fact that he was fired.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:52 pm Like I said above it just supports the fact that he was fired.
Have to get Joey B on here to clear it up for you.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Looks like Garland Gillen from WWLTV is calling out Dannen on his lack of success in coach hiring. Something we all know. Check out his Twitter.

So far from Dannen since he has been hired:

-Lousy coach hiring (Fritz is mediocre at best.)
-Lousy Fund Raising ( Any large gifts to athletics?)_
-Lousy or non-existent facility improvements
-Lousy Fan Relations and Fan Visibility (Seems to have disappeared to work with NCAA?)

His record is just as poor as the coaches he has hired.....Unfortunate that we don't have a new AD coming in to make the baseball hire. That being said, look what Dannen did when HE came in. Tulane always seems to be stuck in a quagmire of poor athletic decisions for many decades.

Dannen, you should be next!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:54 pm
winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:52 pm Like I said above it just supports the fact that he was fired.
Have to get Joey B on here to clear it up for you.
He's been on here and we're been through it. What happened happened. I guess you believe TJ wasn't fired but just agreed with Tulane to leave mutually.
Last edited by winwave on Mon May 16, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Dannen has 2 good hires. Stop with the nonsense about Fritz, he is forever named one of the better coaches in the league and has done a very good job at Tulane turning around a losing culture. When you make statements like that, people roll their eyes and it discredits any points you try to make following. Hunter was also a good hire. If Fritz doesn’t make a bowl then we can put him on the hot seat.

However every other coaching hire has been a bust (Barnes fell in his lap, but was was also good hire for volleyball.) Baseball has been a bust, woman’s basketball isn’t doing much and we are falling behind our peer institutions. , Dunleavy was a massive mistake financially and on the court etc. it’s also very fair to say he has completely failed in fundraising, bringing in big donors and facilities. . . And now NIL.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's not named one of the better coaches every year. You have some lazy media types that start off saying how he's won everywhere he's been but then they fade away as the season goes on. We have finished in the lower half every year but one. He better be on the hot seat this season. 2-10 is unacceptable especially in year 6.
Last edited by winwave on Mon May 16, 2022 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

Now it’s time to make a clean sweep and fire TD too. Tulane needs to get RJ to help with the new hire.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

When RJ got us to Omaha in 2001, he was offered the HC job at Georgia. I had the opportunity along with many others to spend some time with him as many tried to persuade him to stay on. It was a very difficult decision but he turned down the opportunity to coach in the SEC. As we all remember, some great years followed. We need another line him who is totally committed to success . Jones had some wierd personal quirks but he knew how to hire great assts and find ways to bring in top talent despite the restrictions on schollies and the cost of Tulane tuition. And he bled olive green and blue. I hope for those who will follow our generation that Tulane can make a hire as good as that one.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:07 pm He's not named one of the better coaches every year. You have some lazy media types that start off saying how he's won everywhere he's been but then they fade away as the season goes on. We have finished in the lower half every year but one. He better be on the hot seat this season. 2-10 is unacceptable especially in year 6.
On top of all that, Fritz's teams continue to be underprepared and undermotivated for almost all of our games. The team seems to sleepwalk through at least half of each game. Motivation is a constant problem.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Oh Brother
Low Tide

Agree Fritz has done very little to warrant remaining as HC. His plateau seems to be about .500 in a good year. Maybe we can’t do any better given Fitts and now NIL money out there but last year was so bad he should have been fired day season ended.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Fritz has been named in the top half of all coaches in the league every year since he’s been here. I’m not talking about Nola.com, but athlon etc. he is greatly respected by his peers and for good reason. Stop with the Bs hyperbole, it’s why people laugh at these boards and roll their eyes. You can make a valid argument without the sensationalism.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That must have been preseason. He's done nothing by seasons end to justify that. If you're satisfied with what he's done after 6 years then you're part of the problem. It's post ;like yours that have people laughing and rolling their eyes- all is well all the time at Tulane. :roll:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:08 pm Fritz has been named in the top half of all coaches in the league every year since he’s been here. I’m not talking about Nola.com, but athlon etc. he is greatly respected by his peers and for good reason. Stop with the Bs hyperbole, it’s why people laugh at these boards and roll their eyes. You can make a valid argument without the sensationalism.
I'm sorry, but if he didn't have the hurricane excuse he should have been fired after last season. I like and respect Coach Fritz and hope he turns it around. I don't mean getting to 6-6, I think less than 7 wins should result in his being let go. He's been here long enough to establish his program and 6 or 7 wins shouldn't be ANY football HC's ceiling. We've seen his competitors come in and turn things around in a short period of time. I cannot honestly say that I'm confident Tulane will play meaningful games in November, and we all want more from the program than 1 competitive season every 5 or 6 years.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V