UCF raisin' $$

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Meanwhile with Dannen as AD at Tulane crickets.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:21 am Meanwhile with Dannen as AD at Tulane crickets.
and "overseers"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Wow. A $50 million Football campus!
And look what it has done for his recruiting:
Malzahn said. "It helped us in recruiting. That and going to the Big 12, I think that combination. Recruits come on campus, and you can just see the atmosphere around that something really special is about to happen. You can kind of feel it, and you can feel it within our players and our staff. I really feel like recruits can sense that. A lot of people like being a part of something, instead of just plugging in to keep something going."
This frustrates the hell of of me that a program that hasn’t been on the FB field nearly as long as Tulane (started as D-III 1979) has made the leap forward and we just sit like a bump on the log while Dannen shops his resume to get out.
TURVS71
Swell

Tulane Athletics is too F-ing stupid to figure out that an investment in athletics, and I’m talking MAJOR INVeSTMENT, has the HIGH potential to return $$$$$ many times over !!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Facilities are important. I wonder where I heard that before?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

I am not particularly satisfied in Tulane's commitment either, but you can't compare Tulane to a state-funded university with 60,000 students and a huge land footprint.
MicMan
Swell

Largest total student enrollment of any university.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

anEngineer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:59 pm I am not particularly satisfied in Tulane's commitment either, but you can't compare Tulane to a state-funded university with 60,000 students and a huge land footprint.
The point was not to directly compare Tulane to UCF but to point out this is just another school in our conference fundraising and enhancing their facilities. Yes UCF will soon be off to the Big 12 but most of our current conference mates including SMU, Memphis, and soon to be conference members UAB, Rice are building new facilities or renovating existing ones. Meanwhile Tulane and Dannen are MIA when it comes to fundraising and facilities.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

You guys are going to love this- Memphis announced today $150-$200million to renovate the Liberty bowl to make themselves more appealing to P5 conferences.
Show Me
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:33 pm
anEngineer wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:59 pm I am not particularly satisfied in Tulane's commitment either, but you can't compare Tulane to a state-funded university with 60,000 students and a huge land footprint.
The point was not to directly compare Tulane to UCF but to point out this is just another school in our conference fundraising and enhancing their facilities. Yes UCF will soon be off to the Big 12 but most of our current conference mates including SMU, Memphis, and soon to be conference members UAB, Rice are building new facilities or renovating existing ones. Meanwhile Tulane and Dannen are MIA when it comes to fundraising and facilities.
Precisely!
Show Me
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:05 pm You guys are going to love this- Memphis announced today $150-$200million to renovate the Liberty bowl to make themselves more appealing to P5 conferences.
True commitment there. Spending that much on an off campus stadium they don’t even own.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:54 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:05 pm You guys are going to love this- Memphis announced today $150-$200million to renovate the Liberty bowl to make themselves more appealing to P5 conferences.
True commitment there. Spending that much on an off campus stadium they don’t even own.
They understand the importance and value of an alumni base that is proud of their university—something Tulane lost sight of 25 years ago.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
MicMan
Swell

Good money after bad, that stadium is a 57 year old dump.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:51 pm
They understand the importance and value of an alumni base that is proud of their university—something Tulane lost sight of 25 years ago.
More like 75 years ago.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Under the current Tulane Administration, Tulane will be seeking admittance into the SunBelt, or drop football when the next BCS contract is finalized... The window of opportunity is rapidly closing. Tulane under SC's puppet prez Fitts has zero proactive planning. The on campus stadium, in it's current configuration, was the death knell.... going to Gormley once a year was a unique experience, but once a year was enuff.....an IPF, Performance center and Football offices, along with playing in the Dome woiuld have been the key to a brighter future...onward, to the UpTown 1 conference !!!!
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

True, Memphis does not own the stadium. But the university is not paying for the stadium renovations, the taxpayers of Tennessee are paying.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

GretnaGreen wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:28 am
True, Memphis does not own the stadium. But the university is not paying for the stadium renovations, the taxpayers of Tennessee are paying.
The above information is wrong. The university and city are both funding the stadium renovation costs with the university contributing the largest amount.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican