Latham

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
glennc
Low Tide

For many years now our pitchers have trouble throwing strikes. What is the one constant. Our pitching coach. He has to go. I know he is an ex player who was very good for us when he played but since he became our pitching coach our pitchers have trouble throwing the ball in the ocean.

Show Me
Tsunami

glennc wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:48 am For many years now our pitchers have trouble throwing strikes. What is the one constant. Our pitching coach. He has to go. I know he is an ex player who was very good for us when he played but since he became our pitching coach our pitchers have trouble throwing the ball in the ocean.
I’m pretty sure he knew how to throw strikes. That’s on the guy on the mound either he can or can’t throw strikes. Lack of development or removing too soon or leaving in pitcher too long is fair game for criticism from our pitching coach.
Throwing strikes on the player.
Profoundwizard
Swell

glennc wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:48 am For many years now our pitchers have trouble throwing strikes. What is the one constant. Our pitching coach. He has to go. I know he is an ex player who was very good for us when he played but since he became our pitching coach our pitchers have trouble throwing the ball in the ocean.
The head coach needs to go more. Letting Jewett bring in his 3rd pitching coach isn’t the answer
Greeniegb
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:51 am
The head coach needs to go more. Letting Jewett bring in his 3rd pitching coach isn’t the answer
lst your statement is wrong when Lathem came in the pitchers could not throw strikes that improved. I voice that I thought it was the catcher at the time Neiman. The wildness has calm down since Lathem came on board but consistency is not where it needs to be. He did a tremendous job at USL.