USM Wins Game 2 11-5

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pitching in flux:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... f7b01.html

Carmouche is in a boot after taking a hit off his leg.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Small time facilities for small time programs.
Greeniegb
High Tide

winwave wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:42 pm Pitching in flux:

Can't understand boot, last week training for the Crescent City Classic I pulled my calf running up the ramps of Tad Gormley Stadium, could not walk, big knot in my calf. Rest of the evening stretch it through the pain would not let it stay knotted, stretched and jog, stretch and jog. Then hot Epsom Salt soak twice for the next two days 115-degree water. Calf completely healed in two days, ran the Classic without pain. Walking boot may be preventing it from healing if its muscle related. And I am 67 years old healing a pulled muscle in two days.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:08 am

Can't understand boot, last week training for the Crescent City Classic I pulled my calf running up the ramps of Tad Gormley Stadium, could not walk, big knot in my calf. Rest of the evening stretch it through the pain would not let it stay knotted, stretched and jog, stretch and jog. Then hot Epsom Salt soak twice for the next two days 115-degree water. Calf completely healed in two days, ran the Classic without pain. Walking boot may be preventing it from healing if its muscle related. And I am 67 years old healing a pulled muscle in two days.
He got hit with a line shot on the inside ankle. Completely different than your description.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave Fan
Ripple

Big game with USM. The season could turn with this game.
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:03 pm

He got hit with a line shot on the inside ankle. Completely different than your description.
I think someone took a line drive off his head.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Seems like decades when we owned USM and "Corky" Palmer. Eagles sweep Wave this year with the win tonight. Almost a 4 hour game (3:56 to be exact). Ridiculous.
On a positive note with the loss the Wave remains at #50 in the RPI with the loss. 🤔🤔
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another disappointing performance in losing 11-5 to USM.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:15 pm Another disappointing performance in losing 11-5 to USM.
Yep
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

This guy just doesn't have it when it comes to big games.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Houma de Wave
Swell

17 K’s, Ladies and gentlemen…and we didn’t face USM’s premiere weekend pitching.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:59 am 17 K’s, Ladies and gentlemen…and we didn’t face USM’s premiere weekend pitching.
Wow. I didn’t realize that. That’s 17 of 27 outs you get in 9 innings. Midweek pitching is where when you should be able to raise your BA.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:45 am
Houma de Wave wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:59 am 17 K’s, Ladies and gentlemen…and we didn’t face USM’s premiere weekend pitching.
Wow. I didn’t realize that. That’s 17 of 27 outs you get in 9 innings. Midweek pitching is where when you should be able to raise your BA.
back in the day, their "ace" punted for the Raiders...Ray Guy
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:16 am
back in the day, their "ace" punted for the Raiders...Ray Guy
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sum Guy's stats..drafted MLB four times
https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Ray_Guy
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

Jewitt. Ball continues.....
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thank you Dr. Horton. I'm glad you could diagnose the injury from a post on an internet bulletin board, and immediately know the best treatment plan. I was confused as I thought that getting hit by a batted ball is a much different injury than a non-contact muscle strained as a result of improperly running up stairs.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Greeniegb
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:36 pm

Thank you Dr. Horton. I'm glad you could diagnose the injury from a post on an internet bulletin board, and immediately know the best treatment plan. I was confused as I thought that getting hit by a batted ball is a much different injury than a non-contact muscle strained as a result of improperly running up stairs.
To be clear, I had 4 foot doctors one being Tulane's head of the Orthopedic Clinic without mentioning names. Had a foot injury involving the Navicular Bone in my right foot. All 4 foot doctors using combination of x-rays and MRI's focused on the bone and had me in cast and walking boots for over a year. The Tulane expert wanted to fuse two bones in my foot diagnosed a Lisfranc Injury that did not exist. Had a Professor from St. Augustine University Physical Therapy School solve my problem two tight tendons that wrap around the navicular bone were tight so when I ran they inflamed the bone that the doctors focused on. Solution deep therapy and stretching!!! Learnings diagnostic test are valid only when the pain exist, taking x-rays and MRI's when the pain is absent will give false results. Senior Olympian today not listening to the so called doctors.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

17 K's... is Latham the hitting coach also ?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:34 pm To be clear, I had 4 foot doctors one being Tulane's head of the Orthopedic Clinic without mentioning names. Had a foot injury involving the Navicular Bone in my right foot. All 4 foot doctors using combination of x-rays and MRI's focused on the bone and had me in cast and walking boots for over a year. The Tulane expert wanted to fuse two bones in my foot. he diagnosed a Lisfranc Injury that did not exist. Had a Professor from St. Augustine University Physical Therapy School solve my problem two tight tendons that wrap around the navicular bone were tight so when I ran they inflamed the bone that the doctors focused on. Solution deep therapy and stretching!!! Learnings diagnostic test are valid only when the pain exist, taking x-rays and MRI's when the pain is absent will give false results. Senior Olympian today not listening to the so called doctors.
And all of this has what relevance to an impact injury absorbed by one of our players? In any thread or even post mentioning Covid, you tell everyone to listen to the doctors, the sky is falling, etc. Yet here you turn around and say that Tulane doctors have misdiagnosed this athlete's injury and he should follow YOUR protocol. Thank you Dr. Horton for explaining the relevance.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Greeniegb
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:19 am
Greeniegb wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:34 pm To be clear, I had 4 foot doctors one being Tulane's head of the Orthopedic Clinic without mentioning names. Had a foot injury involving the Navicular Bone in my right foot. All 4 foot doctors using combination of x-rays and MRI's focused on the bone and had me in cast and walking boots for over a year. The Tulane expert wanted to fuse two bones in my foot. he diagnosed a Lisfranc Injury that did not exist. Had a Professor from St. Augustine University Physical Therapy School solve my problem two tight tendons that wrap around the navicular bone were tight so when I ran they inflamed the bone that the doctors focused on. Solution deep therapy and stretching!!! Learnings diagnostic test are valid only when the pain exist, taking x-rays and MRI's when the pain is absent will give false results. Senior Olympian today not listening to the so called doctors.
And all of this has what relevance to an impact injury absorbed by one of our players? In any thread or even post mentioning Covid, you tell everyone to listen to the doctors, the sky is falling, etc. Yet here you turn around and say that Tulane doctors have misdiagnosed this athlete's injury and he should follow YOUR protocol. Thank you Dr. Horton for explaining the relevance.
Dont put words in my mouth, just gave an example where the boot was the opposite thing that should have been done. Soft tissue in my case heals faster by preventing it from tightening up. Once soft tissue muscles etc tighten it slows healing in my case. Therapy confirms with my daughter being a therapist. Epsom salts and heat speeds my soft tissue healing. Just an example.
BC Wave
Surge

Wave went 11 for 37.
.292 BA
BA went up
Doesn’t excuse all the strikeouts..
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

BC Wave wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:50 am
Wave went 11 for 37.
.292 BA
BA went up
Doesn’t excuse all the strikeouts..
😳😳😳 .297
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:00 am Jewitt. Ball continues.....
Yup and he will get a long term extension from the A.D cause Tulane is
completely satisfied with mediocrity when it comes to athletics.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:36 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:19 am
Dont put words in my mouth, just gave an example where the boot was the opposite thing that should have been done. Soft tissue in my case heals faster by preventing it from tightening up. Once soft tissue muscles etc tighten it slows healing in my case. Therapy confirms with my daughter being a therapist. Epsom salts and heat speeds my soft tissue healing. Just an example.
Your words following "Carmouche is in a boot."
Can't understand boot, last week training for the Crescent City Classic....
Didn't disagree with any of your therapuetic suggestions, either Dr. Horton. Just never understood the relevance to Carmouche being in a boot from an entirely different type of lower extremity injury.