FTW NIL Information

The leading blog for Tulane fans. Coverage on FTW & Twitter for Green Wave Football, Hoops, Baseball and more.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

may I suggest, a FTW fund raising Golf tournament, complete with auction items, adult beverages, sum celebs, or pay extra to play on a 'celebs" team, get the Ladies Golf Team involved and allow them to captain a team..hell, maybe we can have Arch Manning appear, and charge for autographs !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
High Tide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:37 am may I suggest, a FTW fund raising Golf tournament, complete with auction items, adult beverages, sum celebs, or pay extra to play on a 'celebs" team, get the Ladies Golf Team involved and allow them to captain a team..hell, maybe we can have Arch Manning appear, and charge for autographs !
How about an 5 K race like the Blue Doo on Campus, get Saint and Pelican participation, Ms Benson would sponsor to raise money. Student Athletes can participate along side of registered runners. Refreshments and a greet and meet with coaches players as the race ends up in Yulman on Benson Field!!!
TXWave88
Surge

We need a Tulane Athletics golf tournament again. Follow golf's suggestions and could raise some good money. I would fly in every year for it. Make it a fun event where locals that aren't the biggest Tulane fans would want to be a part of the event. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Greeniegb
High Tide

TXWave88 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 pm We need a Tulane Athletics golf tournament again. Follow golf's suggestions and could raise some good money. I would fly in every year for it. Make it a fun event where locals that aren't the biggest Tulane fans would want to be a part of the event. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Not a golfer, need an event Student Athletes can participate in with those that run/walk. This would be an event to bond with the student athletes and have participation from our local professional athletes. After all this should be an Athlete motivated fund raiser event. Student Athletes can run in their uniform tops that will create conversation with other runners. Professional Athletes would be giving back to help college athletes at Tulane. This would be a unique event ending on Benson Field, even some High School athletes would show up to be with their favorite local Professional and College Athletes, during and after the run. Autograph along with greet and meet tables set up. An event focused on "New Orleans College Team" Ms Benson can market like the Crescent City Classic, make it a yearly event for the Wave.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I see where the non golfers, have issues with those who Golf...I have the solution...a PINS fund raiser...Bowling n Golf....Bowl the nite before, Golf the next day followed by an awards ceremony for both events
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:49 am
TXWave88 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 pm We need a Tulane Athletics golf tournament again. Follow golf's suggestions and could raise some good money. I would fly in every year for it. Make it a fun event where locals that aren't the biggest Tulane fans would want to be a part of the event. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Not a golfer, need an event Student Athletes can participate in with those that run/walk. This would be an event to bond with the student athletes and have participation from our local professional athletes. After all this should be an Athlete motivated fund raiser event. Student Athletes can run in their uniform tops that will create conversation with other runners. Professional Athletes would be giving back to help college athletes at Tulane. This would be a unique event ending on Benson Field, even some High School athletes would show up to be with their favorite local Professional and College Athletes, during and after the run. Autograph along with greet and meet tables set up. An event focused on "New Orleans College Team" Ms Benson can market like the Crescent City Classic, make it a yearly event for the Wave.
I enjoyed the Tulane Golf Classic. The Greenbackers would come out and volunteer our time and resources once again if it were needed. We used to grill sausage po-boys for all the golfers on the 16th hole. Most of the coaches in all sports participated and usually rode a cart with the bigger donors. I think with Covid it fell by the waste-side. Last time I participated it took place at the renovated City Park Bayou Oaks course in 2018 prior to that it was at English Turn.
At its peak there were over 200 participants.

https://giving.tulane.edu/s/1586/Giving ... &post_id=0

https://giving.tulane.edu/s/1586/Giving ... t_id=10901
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981