Tulane Beats WSU Again: 67-66

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Free Breakfast:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... d4619.html

Well for the students anyway. Cheapskate Hunter not paying for us paying fans. :mrgreen:

The game is Saturday at 11 and will be on ESPNU. ROLLWAVEROLL!
Last edited by winwave on Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:44 pm Free Breakfast:

Well for the students anyway. Cheapskate Hunter not paying for us paying fans. :mrgreen:

Always preach this we can live in the past blaming whoever, but a large jubilate fanbase adds to wins and eventually a packed house leads to expansion to fit more paying customers into the games. The kids need this and deserve this for coming to Tulane. Like Hunter said they feed off of the crowd. They have no clue what is happening on the outside, they know who is supporting them each and every game!!!
Jaxwave
Swell

So how’s he going to provide for this, a buffet outside Fogelman, a breakfast sandwich from McDonald’s.?
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:44 pm Free Breakfast:

The game will be broadcast by a couple of talking heads, live from their living rooms!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane is a one point favorite.

It seems as we've been here before:
  • several encouraging wins
  • increasing interest with fans and students alike
  • expecting a nice crowd
  • chance to flip the script and build momentum before going into the toughest part of the schedule
What Tulaney thing could go wrong?

PS I wouldn't bet this point spread. However, I think the 138 pt over/under is a very nice bet. This season, Wichita has covered the OVER in 7 of 10 games and Tulane in 8 of 9. Betting the OU to go OVER is almost a GreenLantern stone-cold-lead-pipe-lock.... but not quite.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WSU now favored by 1.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WSU now up to a 2 point favorite.
Wave Fan
Low Tide

This is one of those fork in the road games.
Show Me
Tsunami

Breakfast buffet today!
No pizza!
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WSU up to 2.5 point favorite.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dannen trying to get 2 WSU fans tossed after they jumped on the court after a 3 by WSU. Ref not allowing it.
anEngineer
Riptide

Can't get any offense out of anyone but Cross and Cook. Someone has to step up.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wow. Wave closes with a 10-0 run! 67-66 final. Wave wins!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wow.

That totally brightened up a lousy day. Weather is brutal here.

What a game.

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

I'll give coach his props. Kids play hard and do not quit. Exciting game.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looked like a decent student crowd today, and they got into it near the end. I missed the first half. Hopefully, we continue to build on this and attendance increases even more.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave on a roll!
9-9 overall 6-3 in AAC
Houston up next.
Thank you Will Wade and LSU for Jalen Cook.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Great Win!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Great win. Ton of fun. Student section was about 80% of what we had Wednesday. Free breakfast worked in getting them out for an 11 am game. We were terrible at the FT most of the game but made them at the end.

ROLLWAVEROLL!
anEngineer
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 pm Looked like a decent student crowd today, and they got into it near the end. I missed the first half. Hopefully, we continue to build on this and attendance increases even more.
You can see the attendance building. The student side used to be pretty empty in the paying sections. Now, that has people, and there are fans sitting in both end zones and the corners.
Houma de Wave
Swell

It took time, but this team has really put it together and I give credit to Coach Hunter and his staff. 2 losses to Charleston (struggling in the CAA), loss to Valparaiso (struggling in the MVC), Southern (top of the SWAC, but not a good team). Close losses to Toledo (1st in the MAC) and FSU (very decent ACC team), but we’d like to play them again. The ability to come back today added a new dimension to this team’s outlook. On to Houston this Wednesday!
Ruski
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:34 pm It took time, but this team has really put it together and I give credit to Coach Hunter and his staff. 2 losses to Charleston (struggling in the CAA), loss to Valparaiso (struggling in the MVC), Southern (top of the SWAC, but not a good team). Close losses to Toledo (1st in the MAC) and FSU (very decent ACC team), but we’d like to play them again. The ability to come back today added a new dimension to this team’s outlook. On to Houston this Wednesday!

So many frustrating losses on the schedule

Southern (188 NET) 3 points
FSU (70 NET) 5 points
Toledo (62 NET) 1 point
Valparaiso (203) 4 point
Charleston (168) 4 point
ECU (167) 8 points but heartbreaking OT
UCF (81) 2 points

Flip those 4 terrible losses and we're 13-5, with a good chance at winning the conference and a good bid for NIT. Win those 4 plus a Toledo/FSU/UCF win we have a small chance at the big dance bid.

Such a Tulane season.....big sexy wins, terrible ugly heart breaking losses. Still very exciting to see progression under Hunter. This is the exact sort of electricity i was hopeful of when they announced his hire :mrgreen:
Show Me
Tsunami

Ruski wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:52 pm
Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:34 pm It took time, but this team has really put it together and I give credit to Coach Hunter and his staff. 2 losses to Charleston (struggling in the CAA), loss to Valparaiso (struggling in the MVC), Southern (top of the SWAC, but not a good team). Close losses to Toledo (1st in the MAC) and FSU (very decent ACC team), but we’d like to play them again. The ability to come back today added a new dimension to this team’s outlook. On to Houston this Wednesday!

So many frustrating losses on the schedule

Southern (188 NET) 3 points
FSU (70 NET) 5 points
Toledo (62 NET) 1 point
Valparaiso (203) 4 point
Charleston (168) 4 point
ECU (167) 8 points but heartbreaking OT
UCF (81) 2 points

Flip those 4 terrible losses and we're 13-5, with a good chance at winning the conference and a good bid for NIT. Win those 4 plus a Toledo/FSU/UCF win we have a small chance at the big dance bid.

Such a Tulane season.....big sexy wins, terrible ugly heart breaking losses. Still very exciting to see progression under Hunter. This is the exact sort of electricity i was hopeful of when they announced his hire :mrgreen:
Exactly. Happy with the progress but those bad losses in that weak non conference schedule really hurt our post season chances early on.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:02 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 pm Looked like a decent student crowd today, and they got into it near the end. I missed the first half. Hopefully, we continue to build on this and attendance increases even more.
You can see the attendance building. The student side used to be pretty empty in the paying sections. Now, that has people, and there are fans sitting in both end zones and the corners.
I sat in that mid court section since the Clark days. Tulane priced me out with the seat license BS when Dunleavy was hired so I dropped my tickets now I pay $6 a month and watch on TV all the games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Home cooking:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 5042b.html

One winning record in league play in the past 24 years. Wow.