Football Recruiting 2022

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:59 am Would be a great PWO here.
could be the next Steve Foley

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I saw him play and he did look good. I'm sure he'll get some lower level G5 and FCS scholarship offers. I would love to see him come here.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:29 am I saw him play and he did look good. I'm sure he'll get some lower level G5 and FCS scholarship offers. I would love to see him come here.
Yes. Bright kid impressive doing his interviews. Solid player. He would be a nice addition.
Hope he ends up here also.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Nice, I like it. Apparently he missed the two final games of the season and still finished second on Duke in total tackles. Impressive
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:03 am
Image[/img]
Greeniegb
Swell

Project, throws off back feet, awkward motion.

Greeniegb
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:45 am
[/qu

Image[/img]
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:20 pm

Project, throws off back feet, awkward motion.

some of his "throwing motion" reminds me of Patrick Mahomes, tulane should be so damn lucky !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:13 am
some of his "throwing motion" reminds me of Patrick Mahomes, tulane should be so damn lucky !
Quote of the day.
Greeniegb
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:28 am
Quote of the day.
Not really compare Mahomes in slow motion, your opinion at full speed. Check slow motion!!!

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:58 pm
anEngineer wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:28 am
Quote of the day.
Not really compare Mahomes in slow motion, your opinion at full speed. Check slow motion!!!

Did U see Mahomes play in high school ? ..I saw him play in 2012 and 2013 and at the same stage, they both look very similar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Gators offer POW
New Orleanian Jabbar Juluke getting him from us.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:29 pm Gators offer POW
We don't need him, our Quarterback room is 3 maybe 4 deep if the guy from Florida pans out. We need to hope that we don't lose one or more of our highly regarded QB's. That is why Willie only offered PWO because he doesn't want to create false promise. Same reason Florida is offering PWO he does not have any major offers!!!

Jack Larriviere
JESUIT
QB
6-2
CLASS OF 22
Interests
NONE

Player Rating
none rated by 247
Last edited by Greeniegb on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:46 pm
We don't need him, our Quarterback room is 3 maybe 4 deep if the guy from Florida pans out. We need to hope that we don't lose one or more of our highly regarded QB's. That is why Willie only offered PWO because he doesn't want to create false promise. Same reason Florida is offering PWO he does not have any major offers!!!
You don’t offer a POW for the hell of it. His recruitment is still open so he may end up getting a D1 offer.
You realize UGA’s NC QB began as a WO?
Sorry but I trust WF and JJ that they know more than you . With the transfer portal and injuries you can’t have too many QB’s on the depth chart.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:51 pm
You don’t offer a POW for the hell of it. His recruitment is still open so he may end up getting a D1 offer.
Sorry but I trust WF and JJ that they know more than you . With the transfer portal and injuries you can’t have too many QB’s on the depth chart.
Came across this Roster with star ratings from 247, just a reminder when Mason Courtney was a PWO last year it was made an issue that he had no major offers, as a true freshman he played in 3 games but kept his redshirt. Had 27 touchdowns for a state championship in Texas but lots of negative comments.

https://247sports.com/Team/Tulane-97/Roster/
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

we are # 72....rated below Arkansas State and UTSA...but ahead of these Alphabet schools ECU, SMU and USF..
https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Footb ... mRankings/
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:01 am we are # 72....rated below Arkansas State and UTSA...but ahead of these Alphabet schools ECU, SMU and USF..
Remember this is not counting our 4 Star Transfers. This is our opportunity with the new staff. LSU has over half 3 star recruits that will not win at the SEC level, new coach or not. Our few transfers are rated higher than theirs. They took a big hit in the coaching change. If we can have a big year and they slump like in the 70's Willie can make some huge inroads next season on in state recruiting. Just what happened in the 70's,
MicMan
Swell

Didn't someone here say we were supposed to throw in the towel after the NIL decision and drop to D3? LOL
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:51 pm
The Green Wave’s quarterback room features freshmen Michael Pratt, Justin Ibieta, Kai Horton and Cameron Dartez. Pratt, Ibieta and Dartez all earned an extra year of eligibility following the 2020 campaign due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Add to the room two pickups, http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?p=802017#p802017 Carson Haggard and the QB from Brother Martin.

https://247sports.com/Player/Carson-Haggard-46082884/
Jaxwave
Swell

Greeniegb wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:59 am
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:01 am we are # 72....rated below Arkansas State and UTSA...but ahead of these Alphabet schools ECU, SMU and USF..
Remember this is not counting our 4 Star Transfers. This is our opportunity with the new staff. LSU has over half 3 star recruits that will not win at the SEC level, new coach or not. Our few transfers are rated higher than theirs. They took a big hit in the coaching change. If we can have a big year and they slump like in the 70's Willie can make some huge inroads next season on in state recruiting. Just what happened in the 70's,
Greenie, don’t do this. If LSU crashes, it’s not Tulane that will benefit, it’s other P5 programs with major NIL dollars. Texas A&M raised $25 mil, we are very excited about raising $100,000. We are not and will never be at LSU’s level again. Sure we may win more games against our schedule than they do against theirs, but recruits will never pick Tulane over an LSU offer ever again. Just curious, who is the last one to do so? I honestly can’t remember and the difference between the two programs is growing bigger every day.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:23 pm
Greenie, don’t do this. If LSU crashes, it’s not Tulane that will benefit, it’s other P5 programs with major NIL dollars. Texas A&M raised $25 mil, we are very excited about raising $100,000. We are not and will never be at LSU’s level again. Sure we may win more games against our schedule than they do against theirs, but recruits will never pick Tulane over an LSU offer ever again. Just curious, who is the last one to do so? I honestly can’t remember and the difference between the two programs is growing bigger every day.
I am goin' back to Mack Brown's days, for a player who picked Tulane over lsu...Pat Stant
anEngineer
Riptide

I won't say "never". If Tulane finds a way to be in the Big 12 or ACC, they could get a couple of prime kids a year. Some high ranked players really do care about a real degree.
Greeniegb
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:58 pm

I won't say "never". If Tulane finds a way to be in the Big 12 or ACC, they could get a couple of prime kids a year. Some high ranked players really do care about a real degree.
Rodney Holman, Charlie Hall, they out recruited Halman and Dinardo. They got many that would be backups for LSU but developed. These 8, 3 star athletes LSU just signed would be possible recruits for the Wave if we were competing for Conference Championships. I am not talking 4 or 5 star but high 3 star!!!
Others Darius Monroe, Angelo Anderson, Jeffrey Johnson, Dorian Camel, Alfred Thomas, all .87-88 high 3 star ratings.

Following all in reach of Tulane if they had a winning record or competing for conference Championships, all LSU signees Ibieta, Bordelon, Hill, and West all Louisiana 3 Star Athletes Tulane would have a shot at if winning.
Landon Ibieta
Mandeville (Mandeville, LA)
6-0 / 185
451 65 23
Signed

WR-Jaelyn Davis-Robinson
Waxahachie (Waxahachie, TX)
5-11 / 175
487 47 71
Signed

CB-Mason Taylor
St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
6-4.5 / 230

TE-Tygee Hill
Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)
6-2 / 280

DL-Bo Bordel0n
Isidore Newman (New Orleans, LA)
6-5 / 265

OT-Fitzgerald West
Lafayette Christian Academy (Lafayette, LA)
6-2 / 325

DL-Nathan Dibert
Hartland (Hartland, MI)
5-11 / 195
wave97
Swell

If Coach Fritz has hired a much stronger coaching staff it will be visible right away. Players, particularly those who have been "under coached" will thrive and buy in.
I do believe that Tulane should relegate the football program to D3 (NIL or not). I hope the new staff sends Tulane to the heights of the P5 significance.