Playoff Expansion, the ACC

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

has some valid points, like will there be an NCAA in two years, and if so, how many divisions
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -evaluated

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If Sankey (SEC), Bowlsby (Big 12), Aresco (AAC), Thompson (MWC) and Warren (Big 10) decided to set up an expanded playoff, the PAC12 and ACC would have no choice--the latter two could either participate or continue to wither. Of course, the gelded NCAA would have no say in the matter. While Warren might hesitate, I don't think there is any doubt that most of the top Big 10 schools would insist that he join the expanded playoff. Let the ACC and PAC12 sit on the sidelines and have no say in an expanded playoff, if that's what they want to do.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:14 pm from espn
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... nding-next

"We've tried to get feedback from [our athletes] and for us, it's been Clemson," he said in January. "They don't want to play any more games. They don't."

As usual, the inmates are running the asylum. The players are all more than willing to get PAID for NIL, but when it comes to WORK, oh, no, we just can't play 1 or 2 more games. I bet if they got paid PER GAME they'd change their tune.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:16 pm

"We've tried to get feedback from [our athletes] and for us, it's been Clemson," he said in January. "They don't want to play any more games. They don't."

As usual, the inmates are running the asylum. The players are all more than willing to get PAID for NIL, but when it comes to WORK, oh, no, we just can't play 1 or 2 more games. I bet if they got paid PER GAME they'd change their tune.
Hell, they are getting paid by the semester...someone needs to enlighten them, and here is the easy way to do it...sign a NIL, you pay the university a tuition, because without the University, you would not being offered an NIL
wave97
Swell

Let high school graduate players have a choice of playing in college without NIL. And/or let the NFL develop their own players straight out of high school.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The 8 conferences that supported it, should join ranks with ESPN and just go start the expanded playoff on their own. “The Alliance” would lose their holistic “concerns” real quick.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Too many conference commissioners, like the NCAA, and the bowl committees, have been run by greedy old men with big egos. That’s why college football has stumbled and bumbled for the past several decades—the NCAA so much so that they are now effectively extinct.
greenie78
Riptide

I’m glad it didn’t expand. Just meant the rich was getting richer.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:51 am I’m glad it didn’t expand. Just meant the rich was getting richer.
Actually no expansion benefits the rich. The SEC in particular. An expansion would give other conferences an opportunity to get in on some of those riches.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

Why would expansion ever be considered?
The University of Georgia football program are the champs & no one disputes this. The real problem for the P5 is the standard of play by the rest of the cartel..
The only program that will challenge the SEC's stranglehold is USC with Lincoln Riley.
It is essential to have a large base of unfortunate misguided kids who choose to play football. Football participation rates continue to plummet & that's a good thing 👍