Tulane with the comeback win over WSU 68-67

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Give Ron Hunter all the credit. Down 14 at the half, he completely outcoaches Isaac Brown in the second half. Great, great win on the road!!

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

capwave wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:05 pm What a great play by Days. Clearly had position, and a good call by the ref. Great comeback win on the road. If only this team can figure out how to rebound.
They're going to have to google it and watch youtube videos to learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZMQ6jiHNY8

It can be learned quickly. Mardi Gras 2006 my buddy taught my 11-year-old daughter how to do it at parades, then was surprised when she boxed him out! Definitely a skill with parade bead groveling applications!

Back on topic, this was a very enjoyable second half, and I agree with Houma, Hunter deserves credit for this one. Enjoy the ride my friends and ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think Hunter shocked the Shockers by coming out in man to man instead of his matchup zone in the second half. It really threw them off their game. Then, in the last couple of minutes, he went back to the zone.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Congrats coach hunter ! A big win that shows we may have a little something brewing at Tulane !

Also congrats Nobel Days- has spent 5 years at Tulane and does all the little things and dirty work. This guy deserves the game ball
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Impressive win. Especially coming back like they did. We obviously have upgraded our talent.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Guys our hero deserves to have his name spelled correctly-it's Nobal.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GCLlives
Ripple

This post-game quote is too funny/honest...

“I love Nobal Days,” Tulane coach Ron Hunter said. “He’s not even the best player in his own household. His mom was a better player. He’s probably the least athletic player I’ve had in 32 years, but I tell you what, he knows how to play.
Show Me
Tsunami

Another solid conference win last night. It’s too bad we lost so many games that we should have won this season. The conference outside of Houston is extremely weak so we should be able to win every game but Houston. Hopefully Hunter is taking these kids out for steak instead of pizza for the post game celebration meal. His one liner on Days and his mom was hilarious. Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:15 am Another solid conference win last night. It’s too bad we lost so many games that we should have won this season. The conference outside of Houston is extremely weak so we should be able to win every game but Houston. Hopefully Hunter is taking these kids out for steak instead of pizza for the post game celebration meal. His one liner on Days and his mom was hilarious. Roll Wave!
The league is weak again. Was barely a 2 bid league last year and could be a one bid league this year. Houston has lost two of their top players to season ending injuries. It's wide open.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If it’s not a corner we’re turning, then it has to at least be a bend in the road.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bigschtick
Riptide

Great Comeback Win!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave Fan
Low Tide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:19 am If it’s not a corner we’re turning, then it has to at least be a bend in the road.
Maybe we’re entering a U turn!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Nobal Days should be considered as a candidate for a graduate assistant. He may be lacking in scoring ability but he has a knowledge of the game and strategic understanding that would make him a potential future college-level coach.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

GL, Agreed
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:42 am
Show Me wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:15 am Another solid conference win last night. It’s too bad we lost so many games that we should have won this season. The conference outside of Houston is extremely weak so we should be able to win every game but Houston. Hopefully Hunter is taking these kids out for steak instead of pizza for the post game celebration meal. His one liner on Days and his mom was hilarious. Roll Wave!
The league is weak again. Was barely a 2 bid league last year and could be a one bid league this year. Houston has ;lost two of their top players to season ending injuries. It's wide open.
Spot on. We’ve finally gotten breaks this year and fortunately have capitalized on them for the most part outside of ECU.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Was thinking that as well, Coach Hunter won that chess match…. Seems their Coach was struggling to have a 2nd inbounds play to call on that last play after the TO’s.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave Fan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:13 am
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:19 am If it’s not a corner we’re turning, then it has to at least be a bend in the road.
Maybe we’re entering a U turn!
We need lots of U-turns in the Tulane athletic program.
greenie78
Riptide

It looks like a corner but might end up more of a roundabout.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:26 am
It looks like a corner but might end up more of a roundabout.
Spoken like an experienced Tulane fan--and invoking our usual reference to Cowen Circle Jerk.