Valparaiso Beats Tulane 68-64

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play Valpo tomorrow at 4:30. They were picked to finish 7th in the MVC.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane is favored by 4 1/2.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
oliveandblue
Surge

Tulane by 2 is my prediction. This team seems to stumble into way too many close games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane up 33-30 at the half.
hullabaloo
Ripple

Wow. These are some of the worst referees I have seen.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane loses 68-64. Led most of the game till the last 2 minutes. Blew a 12 point lead.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Blew another very , very late lead . We're a loser again . Coaching continues to fail .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Citypark
Ripple

Hunter belongs on Saturday Night Live and not on the Green Wave hardwood. He is another in the list of horrible DANNEN coaching selections.

How much has Tulane athletics improved since he became AD? Who will make him accountable?

I never thought I would ever utter the following words:
“Rich Dickson would be an improvement as our AD if he returned.”

It makes me sick to say that, but it is an unfortunate fact.

ONLY AT TULANE
Show Me
Tsunami

Citypark wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:02 pm Hunter belongs on Saturday Night Live and not on the Green Wave hardwood. He is another in the list of horrible DANNEN coaching selections.

How much has Tulane athletics improved since he became AD? Who will make him accountable?

I never thought I would ever utter the following words:
“Rich Dickson would be an improvement as our AD if he returned.”

It makes me sick to say that, but it is an unfortunate fact.

ONLY AT TULANE
Yep. And he’ll probably get an extension because he’s won a few more games then Dannen’s previous hire Dunleavy :roll:
Jaxwave
Swell

Hunter really is a bad coach. There has been simply no offensive design or cohesion since he’s been here. His only plan is to go get a couple of disgruntled guys a year from the transfer portal and hope they can carry the team with mostly 3 pt shooting. This coach has not earned his pay in recruiting, teaching fundamentally easy stuff like boxing out on defense and running a viable offense that is hard to defend. Forget his success at Ga St where his teams had more talent available in Atlanta than his opponents. If he was worth his salt he would have waited for a better job to open up rather than taking the Tulane job. I fear we’ve got another guy who simply took this job to increase his pay as he basically mails in his effort. Somebody needs to tell him the whole comedy routine gets old when you’ve been exposed as a bad coach. But then Dannen fell for that routine and hired you so why stop. To borrow from Henny Youngman, “Take my coach, please”
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me
Tsunami

The loss at home against Southern was a sign of things to come. No surprise we are picked to finish near the bottom of the AAC. Hunter just not a good coach. We’ll never win close games with him on the bench.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:27 pm Tulane falls apart:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... d7f97.html
That pretty much describes all our sports teams at the moment.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
oliveandblue
Surge

Honestly, this is an AD issue. I want a different guy to make the next hires. He was fortunate to get three good years of Fritz.
anEngineer
Riptide

Team full of freshmen and sophomores that have played well enough to win every game but can't quite close them out yet. Hopefully they learn.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Everybody's classification is off by a year due to the COVID free year. We are not playing any freshman. We have two sophomores , two juniors and a 6th year senior starting. Others that get regular minutes are juniors and above.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Now that the football season is over, on to Dannen’s next success story—One Liner and his team of street ballers.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana