Booster Clubs?????

“Support Tulane Athletics…And Have Fun Doing It!”
Show Me
Tsunami

Where are the Greenbackers and the Greenie Girls booster clubs? We need them now more then ever to call out this monstrosity. My God do something to support our athletes!!!
Big Mike would be on the bull horn!
Who replaced him?

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:08 pm Where are the Greenbackers and the Greenie Girls booster clubs? We need them now more then ever to call out this monstrosity. My God do something to support our athletes!!!
Who replaced him?
Incredibly Big Mike was dead on.
10 years ago:
Tulane football fans write to administration
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... c9b79.html
Greenbackers booster club member and officer Mike Johnston and Robert Segari are among those fans. Johnston, a 1976 Tulane graduate who has had season football tickets since 1975, has grown increasingly disenchanted with how uncompetitive the team has become as well as what he considers mediocre plans for an on-campus stadium. Johnston said he received email confirmation that his letter would be shown to the Tulane board but has gotten no further response.

Johnston said Friday afternoon that he was once a supporter of the on-campus stadium project but now feels it isn’t going to be built to quality specifications and the $60 million should be directed elsewhere.

“The only way to become competitive in our conference or have any hope of being asked to join a better conference is to consistently win, and win big. Before we throw 50-60 million dollars down the new stadium rabbit hole, we need to ask ourselves one question -– will this help us win, and win big?"
The Tulane administration said the stadium will have 25,000 seats with capacity for 30,000 fans.

Johnston offered an alternative.

“Rather than spend 50–60 million dollars on what could be kindly called an ‘above average’ Div. II or Div III stadium, why not spend 35–40 million dollars on a state of the art indoor football practice facility/weight training/athletic training/student athlete resource center?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:47 am
Show Me wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:08 pm Where are the Greenbackers and the Greenie Girls booster clubs? We need them now more then ever to call out this monstrosity. My God do something to support our athletes!!!
Who replaced him?
10 years ago:
Greenbackers booster club member and officer Mike Johnston and Robert Segari are among those fans. Johnston, a 1976 Tulane graduate who has had season football tickets since 1975, has grown increasingly disenchanted with how uncompetitive the team has become as well as what he considers mediocre plans for an on-campus stadium. Johnston said he received email confirmation that his letter would be shown to the Tulane board but has gotten no further response.

Johnston said Friday afternoon that he was once a supporter of the on-campus stadium project but now feels it isn’t going to be built to quality specifications and the $60 million should be directed elsewhere.

“The only way to become competitive in our conference or have any hope of being asked to join a better conference is to consistently win, and win big. Before we throw 50-60 million dollars down the new stadium rabbit hole, we need to ask ourselves one question -– will this help us win, and win big?"
The Tulane administration said the stadium will have 25,000 seats with capacity for 30,000 fans.

“Rather than spend 50–60 million dollars on what could be kindly called an ‘above average’ Div. II or Div III stadium, why not spend 35–40 million dollars on a state of the art indoor football practice facility/weight training/athletic training/student athlete resource center?
Great minds think alike. RIP Big Mike.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Break out the Torches and the T Shirts and signs that read:
FIRE FUKIN FITTS, FRITZ.and this POS (and fyi dattagupta wear a watch that fits you chicken shit forearm)
https://admission.tulane.edu/meet-us/sa ... dattagupta
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The shame of it is if we had done what Mike and I said all along we wouldn't have wasted that 10 year window that we had with lower admissions and we'd be in the Big 12. Damn shame.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
torbida
Surge

phpBB [video]
winwave wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:54 am The shame of it is if we had done what Mike and I said all along we wouldn't have wasted that 10 year window that we had with lower admissions and we'd be in the Big 12. Damn shame.
1st it was Dick Ricky and his refusal to wear a tie and now it's the doofy dean of admissions and his ill fitting watch.Tulane definitely leads in fashion flakery.Why do we keep getting these clowns as leaders.Winning in athletics helps the university dip#%$t guppa
wave97
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:47 am
Who replaced him?
10 years ago:

Absolutely nailed it
NotJtS
Low Tide

Who replaced him?
I was forwarded an internal email and let me tell you, the rot of the Athletic Dept. has indeed infected the “Ye Olde Greenbackers.”
Show Me
Tsunami

NotJtS wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:01 pm
Who replaced him?
I was forwarded an internal email and let me tell you, the rot of the Athletic Dept. has indeed infected the “Ye Olde Greenbackers.”
Damn. What a shame. Big Mike probably rolling over. Are they just a cheerleader group now? Sucking up to the coaches and AD that speak? Pretending they getting secrets :lol: :lol:
Jaxwave
Swell

Winwave, I respectfully disagree that there is anything Tulane could have done to get Tulane into a P5 conference. No tradition, no fans, high academics, small TV ratings, all are what keeps us out of any P5 discussion. He’ck the FedEx guy tried to buy Memphis a ticket in and despite success on the field and court, they’ve been left out. Tulane is perceived as Rice with just slightly better athletics. No way we were ever getting in with so little interest in our teams, nationally, statewide and even in our own city.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:31 pm Winwave, I respectfully disagree that there is anything Tulane could have done to get Tulane into a P5 conference. No tradition, no fans, high academics, small TV ratings, all are what keeps us out of any P5 discussion. He’ck the FedEx guy tried to buy Memphis a ticket in and despite success on the field and court, they’ve been left out. Tulane is perceived as Rice with just slightly better athletics. No way we were ever getting in with so little interest in our teams, nationally, statewide and even in our own city.
Missing the point. I am talking about if we had built the right facilities 10 years ago in conjunction with the lowering of academic standards and the athlete friendly majors. We would have more attractive to better coaches and better players. That would have helped us win which then helps us bring out our fans . Memphis is next in. We could have been among that first group but as usual Tulane made the wrong decision.