Tulamed again by SMU 55-26

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Fritz will handle depositing his paychecks with no remorse .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dupergreenie wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:15 pm
Dupergreenie wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 pm

Fuck you are retarded.

Results would be the same....
Fuck you asshole.
That is what you have to respond with.... not... sorry i misunderstood your reply... you just going to go out like that... go back to the yoggie board.
Sorry dupe (and Pepper too). Now that I calmed down about that disaster I see how you took it. I took it that if the QB's changed teams Mordecai's team would win and Pratt's would lose.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:05 pm This season feels like Cj era all over again. The ptsd is real.

CJ had a defense! We have seen worst eras.
Bigschtick
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:36 pm Fritz will handle depositing his paychecks with no remorse .
Exactly! He shows no fire. The team is poorly coached at all levels. They rarely come ready to play. Nobody will be fired because Dannen is missing in action and Fitts is a clueless nerd/milktoast. We could not be in a worse position to right this ship. This will kill recruiting and watch as lots of kids go portal. I will never ever give a dime to Tulane University. This is disgusting.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:51 am
nawlinspete wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:36 pm Fritz will handle depositing his paychecks with no remorse .
Exactly! He shows no fire. The team is poorly coached at all levels. They rarely come ready to play. Nobody will be fired because Dannen is missing in action and Fitts is a clueless nerd/milktoast. We could not be in a worse position to right this ship. This will kill recruiting and watch as lots of kids go portal. I will never ever give a dime to Tulane University. This is disgusting.
All true. It’s a meltdown on all fronts. And football was supposedly Dannen’s one successful sport—we can now definitely scratch that.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:04 am
All true. It’s a meltdown on all fronts. And football was supposedly Dannen’s one successful sport—we can now definitely scratch that.
I would not say that no one will be fired. Coach Fritz has let several of his assistants go during his time at Tulane. The problem is that no one better seems to have been hired. The OC situation is particularly interesting. We are now on the 3rd one in 6 years, and the offense is definitely better than in years 1-3, but the very poor defense during the past 4 years and total collapse this year, make the offense somewhat irrelevant. They simply can't score enough points to keep up. No one can win giving up 50 points a game.
McWave
High Tide

Tulane has been a cash cow for those in charge for years. The present is no different. Those is executive positions have “stolen” from Tulane your decades.
Wave755
Tsunami

Here are the "nightmarish" statistics from the SMU game. https://www.espn.com/college-football/m ... =401301025 SMU had 400 yards in the first half!!!

And, now we know why nose tackle Jeffrey Johnson seriously considered transferring to Indiana but was talked out of it at the very last minute after having entered the transfer portal. https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 27f82.html Apparently, JJ knew we were heading for disaster on defense.

Willie Fritz is the captain of the ship, he picked Chris Hampton for DC, so ultimately it is on Fritz. We have 5 games left, & the next one is Cincinnati @ Yulman on ESPN 2 for an 11:00 a.m. kick-off. Cincinnati is ranked no. 2 this week; terrifying, to say the least.

And, how many transfer off of our "sinking ship" after this season?
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:28 pm I really thought this season might turn out like this having to play Okie and Ole Miss early. Hopes were so high and when that happens and you start out 1-2 and getting steamrolled by Ole Miss it was very discouraging. Add in the Hurricane effect and the kids just didn’t have the desire to put their hearts into the game. I said it before the season the coaches were going to have a huge challenge keeping this team excited to play with a bad start.
Additionally we have seen an already suspect OL regress badly. Plus, the DL has no talent.
The tean didn't have a bad start. They almost beat a top 5 team on the road. If anything they got full of themselves and then got shamed by Ole Miss. Now they have quit on a staff they don't believe in.

The team didn’t have a bad start? We started out 1-3 with the lone win coming against a very weak FCS program that you didn’t even want on be on the schedule!

Now that we are 1-6! The near upset of Oklahoma did nothing for us but showed the college football world that we have pretty helmets and can be brave for our city during a disaster. The SEC Champion stickers vs Lane Kiffin & Ole Piss turned into them reminding our fans that the SEC didn’t have “rhythm” in those days.

What a national embarrassment we are turning out to be this year after giving our fans Oklahoma hope! I am glad I wasn’t fooled and knew that our schedule was a disaster waiting to happen. We are a plain ole small time G5 program trying to survive in the rough 100 yards of FBS Football!

2023 can’t get here fast enough!

vs. Alcorn State
vs. Umass
at Kansas State
vs. Southern Miss

Until we find a serious administration who is serious about big time football, I am content with these types of schedules!
Last edited by Wave QB on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

Sad but true, next years team will be worse than this one and so on and so on until the program dies. In the hyper intense and rapidly evolving ( due to tv money) environment, we will lose all decent commits and current players to transfer portal. The End Is Near and I say that with sadness having been a rabid supporter for over sixty years, dating back to Tommy Mason and the end zone clock that zeroed out at games end. Truly sad.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 am
Jaxwave wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:28 pm I really thought this season might turn out like this having to play Okie and Ole Miss early. Hopes were so high and when that happens and you start out 1-2 and getting steamrolled by Ole Miss it was very discouraging. Add in the Hurricane effect and the kids just didn’t have the desire to put their hearts into the game. I said it before the season the coaches were going to have a huge challenge keeping this team excited to play with a bad start.
Additionally we have seen an already suspect OL regress badly. Plus, the DL has no talent.
The tean didn't have a bad start. They almost beat a top 5 team on the road. If anything they got full of themselves and then got shamed by Ole Miss. Now they have quit on a staff they don't believe in.

The team didn’t have a bad start? We started out 1-3 with the lone win coming against a very weak FCS program that you didn’t even want on be on the schedule!

Now that we are 1-6! The near upset of Oklahoma did nothing for us but showed the college football world that we have pretty helmets and can be brave for our city during a disaster. The SEC Champion stickers vs Lane Kiffin & Ole Piss turned into them reminding our fans that the SEC didn’t have “rhythm” in those days.

What a national embarrassment we are turning out to be this year after giving our fans Oklahoma hope! I am glad I wasn’t fooled and knew that our schedule was a disaster waiting to happen. We are a plain ole small time G5 program trying to survive in the rough 100 yards of FBS Football!

vs. Alcorn State
vs. Umass
at Kansas State
vs. Southern Miss

Until we find a serious administration who is serious about big time football, I am content with these types of schedules!
My post was clearly about the first two games. Like I said we played a very competitive game against a top 5 team and then whipped and FCS team the way we should. The schedule didn't beat this team down. Willie lost them and most don't believe he's going to find them.

You can relish in a weak ass schedule but it's meaningless as everyone sees through it. It's even worse when you lose to it. Like others you believe the watered down conference will be a boon. The reality is we'll be losing to Rice again. Enjoy.

As to the administration Tulane will never have one that will be committed to successful football and MBB. It's over.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Oh Brother wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:42 am Sad but true, next years team will be worse than this one and so on and so on until the program dies. In the hyper intense and rapidly evolving ( due to tv money) environment, we will lose all decent commits and current players to transfer portal. The End Is Near and I say that with sadness having been a rabid supporter for over sixty years, dating back to Tommy Mason and the end zone clock that zeroed out at games end. Truly sad.
You is right Brother! We are witnessing the end of Tulane football.. This administration is just too stupid to understand the benefit of both quality academics AND quality athletics. They don't understand what a competitive and quality athletic program can do to the endowment. Tulane never has and never will. We got a bunch of half-wits in charge.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
posse
High Tide

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:55 pm
Oh Brother wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:42 am Sad but true, next years team will be worse than this one and so on and so on until the program dies. In the hyper intense and rapidly evolving ( due to tv money) environment, we will lose all decent commits and current players to transfer portal. The End Is Near and I say that with sadness having been a rabid supporter for over sixty years, dating back to Tommy Mason and the end zone clock that zeroed out at games end. Truly sad.
You is right Brother! We are witnessing the end of Tulane football.. This administration is just too stupid to understand the benefit of both quality academics AND quality athletics. They don't understand what a competitive and quality athletic program can do to the endowment. Tulane never has and never will. We got a bunch of half-wits in charge.
AGREE 1000 %. IT APPEARS WE FINALLY REACHED THE POINT WHERE 95% OF THE REMAINING LONGTIME FAN BASE, ARE IN TOTAL AGREEMENT AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE.
UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE JUST FANS, AND SMALL TIME CONTRIBUTORS, WHO WILL BE IGNORED BY AD, PRESIDENT, AND BOARD.

THEY WILL CONTINUE THEIR HALF ASS COMMITMENT TO ATHLETICS, HOPING WE STICK AROUND. SAD THING IS THEY THINK WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS A TOTAL COMMITMENT TO ATHLETICS.
Wave755
Tsunami

In fairness to the administration, no one, and I mean no one, predicted this debacle for 2021. Everyone, including all of the "experts" thought this would be a competitive team for the AAC in 2021.

And, for this forum no one predicted less than a 4 win season, take a look! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12574&p=227111&hili ... ct#p227111

So the "gloom and doom" of now was all optimism in August? I really don't know, have no idea, what is going on with this team?
Oh Brother
Low Tide

Think that is a valid point- perhaps one we should discuss. What did go wrong this year? A miscalculation of the impact of losing two d linemen now in pros? Ida? Coaching changes? What stands out to me is the overall performance- other than Wright’s punting, there are no positives anywhere. WR’s and TE’s can’t catch, o line can’t block, running backs haven’t shown a lot, defense is terrible, there must be more than meets the eye . Demoralization from dislike of coaches, lack of agreement or coordination among coaches, something has turned off these players. We can’t be as bad as we have played.
MicMan
Swell

You are what your record says you are.
Wave755
Tsunami

Oh Brother wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:14 pm Think that is a valid point- perhaps one we should discuss. What did go wrong this year? A miscalculation of the impact of losing two d linemen now in pros? Ida? Coaching changes? What stands out to me is the overall performance- other than Wright’s punting, there are no positives anywhere. WR’s and TE’s can’t catch, o line can’t block, running backs haven’t shown a lot, defense is terrible, there must be more than meets the eye . Demoralization from dislike of coaches, lack of agreement or coordination among coaches, something has turned off these players. We can’t be as bad as we have played.
I believe “blaming Michael Fitts” is ridiculous. I am sure Fitts is as perplexed as the rest of us for this season. And, as I said for one of my earlier posts, when Jeffrey Johnson wanted out in May, I wondered what the Hell was going on?

JJ, the very large “canary in the coal mine”?🤷🏻‍♂️
MicMan
Swell

It could have been worse. I clearly recall #7 DickerJames SMU steamrolling the Wave 51-7 in 1982.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McWave wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 am
Tulane has been a cash cow for those in charge for years. The present is no different. Those is executive positions have “stolen” from Tulane your decades.
Absolutely. A complete heist—and the Board just sits back and allows it to continue.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:44 pm

vs. Alcorn State
vs. Umass
at Kansas State
vs. Southern Miss

My post was clearly about the first two games. Like I said we played a very competitive game against a top 5 team and then whipped and FCS team the way we should. The schedule didn't beat this team down. Willie lost them and most don't believe he's going to find them.

You can relish in a weak ass schedule but it's meaningless as everyone sees through it. It's even worse when you lose to it. Like others you believe the watered down conference will be a boon. The reality is we'll be losing to Rice again. Enjoy.

As to the administration Tulane will never have one that will be committed to successful football and MBB. It's over.
1-1 isn’t a good start when the one win is a FCS joke. We can agree or disagree, but the fact remains that we aren’t serious about big time football. Our program doesn’t need to see losing seasons anymore. Until we hire, fire and desire to be a legitimate top 15 G5 program, we need to stay in the win column no matter what.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:49 am Here are the "nightmarish" statistics from the SMU game. https://www.espn.com/college-football/m ... =401301025 SMU had 400 yards in the first half!!!

And, now we know why nose tackle Jeffrey Johnson seriously considered transferring to Indiana but was talked out of it at the very last minute after having entered the transfer portal. https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 27f82.html Apparently, JJ knew we were heading for disaster on defense.

Willie Fritz is the captain of the ship, he picked Chris Hampton for DC, so ultimately it is on Fritz. We have 5 games left, & the next one is Cincinnati @ Yulman on ESPN 2 for an 11:00 a.m. kick-off. Cincinnati is ranked no. 2 this week; terrifying, to say the least.

How many of our dwindling fans will hit the portal? Season ticket holders will be heading for the exits, with this new AAC line up, not to mention the collapse of our football program.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:34 am
Wave755 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:49 am Here are the "nightmarish" statistics from the SMU game. https://www.espn.com/college-football/m ... =401301025 SMU had 400 yards in the first half!!!

How many of our dwindling fans will hit the portal? Season ticket holders will be heading for the exits, with this new AAC line up, not to mention the collapse of our football program.
Really bad for basketball.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:56 pm

vs. Alcorn State
vs. Umass
at Kansas State
vs. Southern Miss

1-1 isn’t a good start when the one win is a FCS joke. We can agree or disagree, but the fact remains that we aren’t serious about big time football. Our program doesn’t need to see losing seasons anymore. Until we hire, fire and desire to be a legitimate top 15 G5 program, we need to stay in the win column no matter what.
The point was that jax keeps trying to lay the blame on having had to start the season with OU and then later play Ole Miss. Fact is we did just fine against OU and then handled a bad FCS team the way we should. Then things fell apart. It didn't fall apart because of the schedule.

As to you loving the new watered down conference guess what? We'll be at the bottom of that too as recruiting crumbles and the other programs are all trying to better themselves so they can move up the next time there is realignment. So enjoy losing to Rice and North Texas and on and on. Great thinking.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:37 am

The point was that jax keeps trying to lay the blame on having had to start the season with OU and then later play Ole Miss. Fact is we did just fine against OU and then handled a bad FCS team the way we should. Then things fell apart. It didn't fall apart because of the schedule.

As to you loving the new watered down conference guess what? We'll be at the bottom of that too as recruiting crumbles and the other programs are all trying to better themselves so they can move up the next time there is realignment. So enjoy losing to Rice and North Texas and on and on. Great thinking.
Yep. At one time you could at least feel or say we had the 2nd best program in the state but that’s out the window now. We’ll be lucky to stay in the top 5 with this new league. The new teams that we’re going to schedule will only crush our in-state recruiting. ULL and La Tech will surely benefit. We’ll battle SELA and Nicholls for kids now.
I’m at my lowest point being a die-hard and alum. It’s all but over if we can’t move up from this league.
When Memphis and SMU bail it’s going to really suck.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:23 am
winwave wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:37 am

Yep. At one time you could at least feel or say we had the 2nd best program in the state but that’s out the window now. We’ll be lucky to stay in the top 5 with this new league. The new teams that we’re going to schedule will only crush our in-state recruiting. ULL and La Tech will surely benefit. We’ll battle SELA and Nicholls for kids now.
I’m at my lowest point being a die-hard and alum. It’s all but over if we can’t move up from this league.
When Memphis and SMU bail it’s going to really suck.
Right. When those 2 leave we'll be left with the dregs. Yuk.