CUSA & AAC merger proposed

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2021/10 ... t-football?
Conference USA executives sent a letter Tuesday, which can be read here, to their brethren at the American Athletic Conference asking them to consider a regionalization model to reorganize the two leagues, sources tell Sports Illustrated.
The proposal, originating from C-USA commissioner Judy MacLeod, would require the conferences to remake themselves based on geography, creating two new leagues under different names. C-USA presidents met Monday to approve the decision to reach out to the AAC, seen as the next step in what’s been a weekslong process of drafting reorganization models.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Why would we take in the whole conference when we could just skim off the three or four top schools?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:19 am Why would we take in the whole conference when we could just skim off the three or four top schools?
I agree. But it’s CUSA trying to better their situation. I wonder had we proposed a merger with the Big 12 what would have went down.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is now in several threads. It's been made clear in each one that the AAC nor the belt have any interest. Not happening.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

I propose that the SEC and the AAC merge and create a regionalized model. That would make about as much sense to the SEC as it should to Mike Aresco.
Wave755
Tsunami

6 CUSA schools to apply for AAC membership. https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... embership/
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is truly th worst case scenario. The only thing that could make sense is if aresco heard from espn and they said they were cutting our pay out to below MW levels and this somehow maintains equality or an advantage over them.
Wave QB
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:44 am
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:19 am Why would we take in the whole conference when we could just skim off the three or four top schools?
I agree. But it’s CUSA trying to better their situation. I wonder had we proposed a merger with the Big 12 what would have went down.
We would have been laughed at!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave QB wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:19 am
No doubt. Clearly the three schools leaving the AAC think they're going to a more powerful group. The 8 schools they're joining are definitely a step above the 8 they're leaving behind. Merging the 11 team AAC with the 8 left in the Big 12 would water down what they're creating in the wake of the defections of OU and UT.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:19 am
We were laughed at. As I said from the beginning when others here were saying we should just go pluck those B12 remnants they had all the leverage and we had none.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.