Texas and OU to SEC

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:10 pm If we can't blame ourselves, let's blame someone else
https://www.si.com/college/2021/08/04/u ... spn-big-12
Exactly. The Orphan 8 and their Commish are just flailing at this point. Cry-babying to politicians—good luck with that waste of time. So far, there are no signs of a pre-designed Plan B. You would think you would have one if you know you’re just two members from being “just another MWC”.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Excellent article about the again now "second class status" of A & M to Texas, this time in the SEC rather than BIG 12 (And, Alabama the "Big Dog" for the Longhorns' new conference). https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... hp&pc=U531
Wave755
Tsunami

Vandy & Arkansas beware? https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... it-uneasy/
But, Vandy does have a “girl field goal kicker”?🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😂
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:13 pm Vandy & Arkansas beware? https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... it-uneasy/
Vandy got girls playin' and Arkansas has no in state talent... I am stunnned by the depth of analyst this writer has published.... here's a few facts his in depth information failed to reveal.... vaunted OU has 83 players on it's 2021 roster from outside the talent rich state of Oklahoma, the majority from Texas.... Arkansas has 78 out of state players, mainly from Texas and Louisiana..... the university of texas @ Austin will be the Nebraska of the SEC, nothing more when it comes to football, they may make some noise in baseball, basketball, swimming etc, even the orange bloods at UT golf course are expecting 8-4 seasons to be the norm, one told me a break thru woiuld be 9-3...well, maybe they will be the Iowa of the big10
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:13 pm Vandy & Arkansas beware? https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... it-uneasy/
They need sure wins so they going to keep those schools around
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:48 pm
Vandy got girls playin' and Arkansas has no in state talent... I am stunnned by the depth of analyst this writer has published.... here's a few facts his in depth information failed to reveal.... vaunted OU has 83 players on it's 2021 roster from outside the talent rich state of Oklahoma, the majority from Texas.... Arkansas has 78 out of state players, mainly from Texas and Louisiana..... the university of texas @ Austin will be the Nebraska of the SEC, nothing more when it comes to football, they may make some noise in baseball, basketball, swimming etc, even the orange bloods at UT golf course are expecting 8-4 seasons to be the norm, one told me a break thru woiuld be 9-3...well, maybe they will be the Iowa of the big10
I think his point was that Arkansas was hoping for a recruiting advantage for the State of Texas when joining the SEC in 1991 but then A & M joined in 2012 and now in all likelihood UT & Oklahoma will play in the conference for the 2022 season. So, for Arkansas, which is already getting nobody Texas, A & M or Oklahoma recruits, it looks dire indeed.

And, Vanderbilt has now become a Scott Cowen like “clown show” for SEC football. What’s new for Vandy this season, a “midget quarterback” to go along with its “girl place kicker”?🤡 How much longer should the SEC put up with this crap from Vandy?💩 And, baseball generates 0 revenue for the SEC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

All excellent analogies, Golf.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:17 pm
I think his point was that Arkansas was hoping for a recruiting advantage for the State of Texas when joining the SEC in 1991 but then A & M joined in 2012 and now in all likelihood UT & Oklahoma will play in the conference for the 2022 season. So, for Arkansas, which is already getting nobody Texas, A & M or Oklahoma recruits, it looks dire indeed.

And, Vanderbilt has now become a Scott Cowen like “clown show” for SEC football. What’s new for Vandy this season, a “midget quarterback” to go along with its “girl place kicker”?🤡 How much longer should the SEC put up with this crap from Vandy?💩 And, baseball generates 0 revenue for the SEC.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Classic, 755. Actually SMU already tried the "midget QB" back in the 60's--I think his name was Ines Perez.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

juz an FYI, and I may have miscounted, but lsu, located in the heart of talent rich Louisiana, has 65 out of state players listed on it's 2021 roster, gettin' up there with Arkansas.... Texas A&M has 31 out of state players
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:42 am
Wave755 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Classic, 755. Actually SMU already tried the "midget QB" back in the 60's--I think his name was Ines Perez.
Damn H-Wave!!!; you know your football:

In 1967 - “The game was a barn burner with back-up quarterback, 5’4” Ines Perez completing ten of twelve passes and LeVias showing his All America pedigree. LeVias overcame the Aggies go-ahead score with forty-four seconds left, by returning the subsequent kickoff and then catching the winning touchdown pass with only four seconds remaining.”

Vandy “scooped” over 67 years ago by the SMU Ponies for “midget quarterback stunt”!!! :-D :thumbup: :clap:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

meanwhile, Nick Saban U has 89 out of state players on the 2021 'Bama roster...damn Alabama high school football must really suck
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:07 am meanwhile, Nick Saban U has 89 out of state players on the 2021 'Bama roster...damn Alabama high school football must really suck
LSU and Bama just cherry-pick the top talent in their respective home states of La and Al. They go national for the rest.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:18 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:07 am meanwhile, Nick Saban U has 89 out of state players on the 2021 'Bama roster...damn Alabama high school football must really suck
LSU and Bama just cherry-pick the top talent in their respective home states of La and Al. They go national for the rest.
🤔, Just curious, is Vandy’s “girl place kicker” from Tennessee, or not? 🤷🏻‍♂️ :D
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Some really crazy rumors flying around yesterday. SBNation reporting that the SEC might be looking at TCU, TT, Okie St and Baylor- and go to a 20 team conference. A complete SEC takeover of Texas college football. Talk about a kill shot on what’s left of the Little 8. I guess that would leave the AAC with the scraps.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Nick Saban's take on several topics...including the PEE's playin' those non deserving GEE's...his players do no want to lower themselves, and he does not want to waste his time
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... cines-more
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:03 am Some really crazy rumors flying around yesterday. SBNation reporting that the SEC might be looking at TCU, TT, Okie St and Baylor- and go to a 20 team conference. A complete SEC takeover of Texas college football. Talk about a kill shot on what’s left of the Little 8. I guess that would leave the AAC with the scraps.
Crazy stuff & very wishful thinking by TCU, TT, Okie St and Baylor.
anEngineer
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:03 am Some really crazy rumors flying around yesterday. SBNation reporting that the SEC might be looking at TCU, TT, Okie St and Baylor- and go to a 20 team conference. A complete SEC takeover of Texas college football. Talk about a kill shot on what’s left of the Little 8. I guess that would leave the AAC with the scraps.
That would really be an unnecessary step down for the SEC.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:13 am
That would really be an unnecessary step down for the SEC.
TCU, TT, Okie St and Baylor would simply "dilute" the pie, not make it bigger? And, why would Texas want this anyway? (A & M wouldn't want it either but no one in the SEC really cares what A & M thinks; A & M just learned the hardway in the view of the SEC it is just another Missouri or Arkansas "along for the ride").
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave
Swell

If the PAC-12, Big 10 and ACC form an alliance the SEC will need more teams to be able to match the voting numbers on major issues. Crazy greed in institutions of higher learning most of which are funded with state money.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

conversations on the practice putting green can be quite informative. I was playin' at the Hills of Lakeway Friday and talk of ut and ou going to the sec seem to be the "it" subect. A gentleman whose family has been involved with ut atletics as players and donors made an interesting comment. ut and ou have been in discussions with the sec for several years... he pointed out the expansion of dkr-memorial stadium which was announced in 2019.... he noted, "we did not spend the money on the expansion because Kansas was commin' to town"
Wave755
Tsunami

Big 12 Conference adrift somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico!!! :D :clap: :lol:

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:28 pm Big 12 Conference adrift somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico!!! :D :clap: :lol:

😂😂😂. That about sums it up for the Bowlsby Boys.