Texas and OU to SEC

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The others would have had to gut their payments to make up what they'll get in the SEC. Bad plan that wouldn't have worked and would leave them with lesser facilities once they were gone. Plus there is another factor in play that hasn't been mentioned. OU and UT feel they will recruit better. The SEC is the best conference and the competition is only going to get better with them in it. The best players already want to play there and this will only make it more enticing.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

AAC to absorb big12...not so crazy afterall
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/o ... adb7b.html

from WVU...toutin their academic side
https://www.dominionpost.com/2021/07/26 ... in-big-12/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the latest from AMES, IA...stay the course and add UCF, Houston, Boise and BYU
https://www.amestrib.com/story/sports/c ... 414066001/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Ames, Ft Worth, all desperate long shots. Their problem is they have Bowlsby doing their bidding.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Have to agree to strongly disagree. They just would have seen that as a sign of weakness and still bolted for the much bigger SEC bucks. The schools were the NCAA. They loved the amatuerism definition. Now they act like oh no that was the mean NCAA when it was the schools all along. What a joke.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

just my take...texas will rapidly become the nebraska of the sec....funds and facilites have not held them back...one big12 title in 11 years, and only 3 since the conference started, sez's it all.......
Dave breslin
Swell

As William Benedict stated,”What a revolting development this is!” Of course, I’ve been saying that for years as a Tulane fan. As much as we have progressed in football hopefully it won’t be too little too late. Beat Oklahoma and maybe the sec will pull their offer and extend one to us🤔🙃! I’ve seen crazier comments on Gotula
exflash
High Tide

Maybe they should add the real Big12 champion from last year….Iowa state thinks it’s the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns!…..so if/when we beat Texas will it be which conference win….oh and good luck with the Sooners!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bowlsby alleges AAC attempting to steal all eight remaining B12 schools.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/bowlsby-n ... er-report/

ajcalhoun
Swell

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:50 am As William Benedict stated,”What a revolting development this is!”

Are you sure you're not thinking of William Bendix?

Yeah, I'm old.
God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:26 am from espn
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... pening-now
One of the better articles on the subject, & those UT Longhorns & UO Sooners sure are very "sneaky" bastards indeed.🖕 :D
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:49 am just my take...texas will rapidly become the nebraska of the sec....funds and facilites have not held them back...one big12 title in 11 years, and only 3 since the conference started, sez's it all.......
Absolutely agree. The Horns will get schooled on a pretty regular basis.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:56 pm Bowlsby alleges AAC attempting to steal all eight remaining B12 schools.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/bowlsby-n ... er-report/

Bowlsby has become the master of the obvious. Of course the AAC is going after several or all of the Little 8, with ESPN doing the backseat driving. Any chance of Bowlsby holding the Big 12 together ends upon the earliest of (1) any one or two teams accept another P5 offer, or (2) any one or two teams accept the AAC offer.
BC Wave
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:27 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:50 am As William Benedict stated,”What a revolting development this is!”
He leads the life of Reilly...

...Charles Nelson Reilly

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/b6/06/BA0B4230-DFEF-473D-B4B1-6C9E6D3E2AAC/tmp.gif

Yeah, I'm old.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

BC Wave wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:27 pm
ajcalhoun wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:27 pm
He leads the life of Reilly...

...Charles Nelson Reilly

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/b6/06/BA0B4230-DFEF-473D-B4B1-6C9E6D3E2AAC/tmp.gif

Yeah, I'm old.
damn...I thought he was Babe Ruth
McWave
High Tide

So the SEC becomes in 2025 some kind of football 16 team super conference with these additions. What happens to the national interest in college football games / playoff? ESPN is trying to sell ads to viewers to payoff the payments to the conferences. Given the NFLs desire for equality among teams to maximize interest, I don’t see how this will maximize interest in the college setting. Maybe the NFL has it wrong. Each of these teams were big fish in their ponds. With lots of wins (except Texas) and happy fans. Not sure how coming in average in the super conference plays out. Will be interesting to watch.
Dave breslin
Swell

I thought I wrote Bendix but spell check changed me. I’m smarter than electronic media. It could be how fake news happens. Anybody have info on dates for opening practice?
Dave breslin
Swell

I wrote Cowen one time and spell check changed it to blowhard—so maybe it works—sometimes
Jaxwave
Swell

Unfortunately, the only sliver of hope for Tulane going forward is if the AAC can add some of the top teams from the Big 12. If It goes the other way where the Big 12 stays together and takes too teams from the AAC, we are doomed to a Conf USA/Sunbelt existence, a step back that will just about kill Tulane athletics.
I see no advantage to the Big 12 taking all of the AAC schools and if not, we will be left out.
I honestly fear it is more likely than not, that that is what’s going to happen.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:49 am Unfortunately, the only sliver of hope for Tulane going forward is if the AAC can add some of the top teams from the Big 12. If It goes the other way where the Big 12 stays together and takes too teams from the AAC, we are doomed to a Conf USA/Sunbelt existence, a step back that will just about kill Tulane athletics.
I see no advantage to the Big 12 taking all of the AAC schools and if not, we will be left out.
I honestly fear it is more likely than not, that that is what’s going to happen.
from what I have read, at present, the AAC has the long term tie in with espn and fox, the big12 does not have that bargaining chip to play....but contracts end, broken or renegoiated on a daily basis
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We do have a long term deal with ESPN but not Fox. What the remaining Big 12 schools will have is the big money payoff expected from OU and UT to leave early. They can then offer 4 of our schools a $10 million dollar payment each to join them and also partake in the big TV money for another 3 or 4 years. Many different ways this can play out. It will be interesting. Obviously this is the worst case scenario for us if it plays out that way. Just have to trust Aresco. He's been good so far.
McWave
High Tide

The location of all the remaining schools don’t appear to be in large media market nor where one would purposely visit. I understand that South Bend isn’t either. But ND has a huge national following. I don’t see major national interest and long term dollars for an AAC school to move. But short term money may prevail.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If that scenario plays out, and I am not saying it will, then ESPN will just pay the Big 12 what they were going to pay the AAC if the AAC took in some of the remaining teams.