SCOTUS puts kill shot to NCAA's defense of amateurism with NIL

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Unfortunately history shows us we don't have them. It's why the endowment is so much smaller than similar schools and we can't find donors for critical infrastructure such as the football ops..

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:22 am Unfortunately history shows us we don't have them. It's why the endowment is so much smaller than similar schools and we can't find donors for critical infrastructure such as the football ops..
Yes. Unfortunately the ones we did have back in the day have all passed away. They have never been replaced.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:22 am It's why the endowment is so much smaller than similar schools and we can't find donors for critical infrastructure such as the football ops..
Our endowment is so much lower than most other AAU universities because we are in New Orleans, Louisiana.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:43 am
winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:22 am It's why the endowment is so much smaller than similar schools and we can't find donors for critical infrastructure such as the football ops..
Our endowment is so much lower than most other AAU universities because we are in New Orleans, Louisiana.
sey what !!...Destination City, The Garden District, Uptown, Street Cars, New Orleans Orignal Daiquiris, Camilia Grill and Tulane's endowment is being held back by NOLA.....stop the madness....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:22 am Unfortunately history shows us we don't have them. It's why the endowment is so much smaller than similar schools and we can't find donors for critical infrastructure such as the football ops..
Brutally true. Tulane as an institution has failed miserably in strengthening ties to alums (which actually starts with strong ties with students). And given that our alum base is spread all over the U.S., as most alums do leave N.O., it will always require greater reach-out by Tulane to build those ties. It hasn't ever happened in earnest, and the endowment reflects that fact.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
wave97
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:46 am
Brutally true. Tulane as an institution has failed miserably in strengthening ties to alums (which actually starts with strong ties with students). And given that our alum base is spread all over the U.S., as most alums do leave N.O., it will always require greater reach-out by Tulane to build those ties. It hasn't ever happened in earnest, and the endowment reflects that fact.
A top twenty football team can unite the diaspora.
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:46 am
And, where are the Fortune 500 companies? Entergy, and that's all folks!

winwave
Top of the WAVE

BS. It’s because the student body comes from all over and for a long time came to Tulane as their back up school so when they leave they don’t look back.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:53 am
BS. It’s because the student body comes from all over and for a long time came to Tulane as their back up school so when they leave they don’t look back.
For 70% + Tulane is their first choice, And, right now Tulane's acceptance rate is 12%.

https://news.tulane.edu/pr/amid-pandemi ... applicants
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said for a long time that was not the case.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:19 pm Like I said for a long time that was not the case.
I went to Tulane for 7 years, A & S and Law, you were never a student at Tulane for a day.
MicMan
Swell

Tulane donor Tom Benson for years was the richest man in Louisiana. A used car dealer. Not oil, not banking, not tech...a used car dealer.

Most of the oil money made in LA, like the oil, goes out of state.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:46 pm Tulane donor Tom Benson for years was the richest man in Louisiana. A used car dealer. Not oil, not banking, not tech...a used car dealer.

The Oil and Gas companies left Louisiana for Texas because of the taxing policies of Huey Long's "severance tax" the fee paid by oil and gas for the extraction of product...that fee was 30%.....so most companies left for other states...Long also had a disagrrement witht the Federal Guv regarding fee's and taxes paid by the State to the Fed's, I think he sued the Feds and lost his case...then he was shot on the Capitol steps
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:27 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:19 pm Like I said for a long time that was not the case.
I went to Tulane for 7 years, A & S and Law, you were never a student at Tulane for a day.
Lived here my whole life and have attended numerous athletic events and been on the campus many times over the years for other events. Students wearing shirts of their preferred school and extremely few wearing anything Tulane. But again the bottom line is most left and never looked back. The low endowment speaks for itself. And it has nothing to do with NOLA.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:46 pm Tulane donor Tom Benson for years was the richest man in Louisiana. A used car dealer. Not oil, not banking, not tech...a used car dealer.

He sold a lot more new cars than used and he most certainly was involved in Banking.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:22 pm

He sold a lot more new cars than used and he most certainly was involved in Banking.
Yea but he made more money in used cars than new ones. Go pick up the book on him by Kathy Finn.
He’ll always be known in Louisiana as a Used Car Dealer.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No he's not. He's known as a successful businessman who made his fortune by getting into banking and then buying both the Saints and Pelicans.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:29 pm No he's not. He's known as a successful businessman who made his fortune by getting into banking and then buying both the Saints and Pelicans.
He’s known to many of us older folks as a Used Car Salesman because that’s how he got his start. Not questioning his tremendous success, hard work and generosity.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'm older and that's not how he's known. It's a derogatory term used by people that didn't like him because of his gruff personality. To be clear I didn't like him but I understood he was a good businessman.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am I'm older and that's not how he's known. It's a derogatory term used by people that didn't like him because of his gruff personality. To be clear I didn't like him but I understood he was a good businessman.
It’s a term used because they didn’t trust him. The constant fear to move the team to San Antonio caused the untrust.
MicMan
Swell

My original point stands, as a dead billionaire laughs from the grave as poors defend his legacy. LOL
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:35 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:45 am I'm older and that's not how he's known. It's a derogatory term used by people that didn't like him because of his gruff personality. To be clear I didn't like him but I understood he was a good businessman.
It’s a term used because they didn’t trust him. The constant fear to move the team to San Antonio caused the untrust.
By the time he was threatening to leave he was a well established businessman. Like I said it was a derogatory term used by people that just didn't like him in general.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:48 am My original point stands, as a dead billionaire laughs from the grave as poors defend his legacy. LOL
It was wrong when first posted and always will be. As usual you have no clue what you're talking about burger boy.
MicMan
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:25 pm
MicMan wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:48 am My original point stands, as a dead billionaire laughs from the grave as poors defend his legacy. LOL
It was wrong when first posted and always will be. As usual you have no clue what you're talking about burger boy.

Oooh, that really showed me!
LOL
winwave
Top of the WAVE

About as much as you ever show anyone here.