USF Series Postponed -USF COVID Issues

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ccap05
Surge

I am actually excited about this series. Tulane looked decent last weekend and with Olthoff back (hopefully for a limited number of pitches) I am hoping for a good road trip. I actually tried to get tickets to some/all of the games for my boy and myself and planned a weekend Tampa trip but USF is not yet selling general admission tickets.
Profoundwizard
Swell

ccap05 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:44 pm I am actually excited about this series. Tulane looked decent last weekend and with Olthoff back (hopefully for a limited number of pitches) I am hoping for a good road trip. I actually tried to get tickets to some/all of the games for my boy and myself and planned a weekend Tampa trip but USF is not yet selling general admission tickets.
Did Tulane look decent or were they just playing one of the worst teams in the country last week?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Everyone knows Memphis is really bad. That doesn't change the fact that we whipped them the way we should and that we did it without our ace throwing a pitch. Come off the ledge.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:58 pm Everyone knows Memphis is really bad. That doesn't change the fact that we whipped them the way we should and that we did it without our ace throwing a pitch. Come off the ledge.
I’m not on any ledge. Just not excited about beating bad teams. If this is good enough for y’all, that’s fine, You can have your standards and I’ll have mine
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:06 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:58 pm Everyone knows Memphis is really bad. That doesn't change the fact that we whipped them the way we should and that we did it without our ace throwing a pitch. Come off the ledge.
I’m not on any ledge. Just not excited about beating bad teams. If this is good enough for y’all, that’s fine, You can have your standards and I’ll have mine
You are definitely on the ledge. No one said they were excited about beating bad teams. No matter how bad we'd like him gone the team performed well this weekend. It's only one weekend. It doesn't change the overall disappointment that the season has been so far. For him to be saved we'd have to go 3-1 or better in all the series other than ECU and go 2-2 there and then make to the CCG.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:06 pm
You are definitely on the ledge. No one said they were excited about beating bad teams. No matter how bad we'd like him gone the team performed well this weekend. It's only one weekend. It doesn't change the overall disappointment that the season has been so far. For him to be saved we'd have to go 3-1 or better in all the series other than ECU and go 2-2 there and then make to the CCG.
That’s your opinion, it could turn out to be true but if we’re top 3 in the AAC, I won’t expect a change.
Saying that we beat a bad team is not being on the ledge. I’ve been on the ledge before. I’ve seen you on the ledge before, this ain’t that.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You're most definitely on the ledge. I didn't say you saying we beat a bad team put you there. It was that one poster expressed excitement about seeing the team with his son sent you scurrying to make damn sure he knows we suck and Memphis just sucks worse. It's clear you're pulling against us to win. Most of us want to see him gone but will pull for the team and see where that ends up.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:32 pm You're most definitely on the ledge. I didn't say you saying we beat a bad team put you there. It was that one poster expressed excitement about seeing the team with his son sent you scurrying to make damn sure he knows we suck and Memphis just sucks worse. It's clear you're pulling against us to win. Most of us want to see him gone but will pull for the team and see where that ends up.
:lol: I simply asked a question.

On the ledge was you when you came here after a loss and Declared Troy Dannen and Willie Fritz fired several months back viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11998&hilit=Fritz+fired
https://gotula.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t ... red+Dannen
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Deny it all you want you’re on the ledge. As for my thread I put it all it there. I didn’t follow up every week with it.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I don’t even know WTF you’re talking about
RobertM320
Green Wave

If we just look at facts, if Memphis is that bad a team, then so is every other team in the conference except ECU and Wichita State. Half the conference has an RPI of 100+, and Memphis isn't even one of them.

http://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/202 ... n-Athletic
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Pepper
Swell

I really don't give a shit! I'd love to push Jewett and a few of the posters over a ledge.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:05 pm If we just look at facts, if Memphis is that bad a team, then so is every other team in the conference except ECU and Wichita State. Half the conference has an RPI of 100+, and Memphis isn't even one of them.

The conference is pretty bad this year. The Memphis RPI is propped up because they have played a really good schedule. Played Vandy and Arkansas. Toughest Strength of Schedule in the AAC at 38th in the country.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:12 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:05 pm If we just look at facts, if Memphis is that bad a team, then so is every other team in the conference except ECU and Wichita State. Half the conference has an RPI of 100+, and Memphis isn't even one of them.

The conference is pretty bad this year. The Memphis RPI is propped up because they have played a really good schedule. Played Vandy and Arkansas. Toughest Strength of Schedule in the AAC at 38th in the country.
Which would have something to do with the perception that they're a bad team. They've played a tough schedule. Yes, they've played Ark, Vandy and Ole Miss. A combined total of FOUR games. All midweek, which also means Memphis wasn't using their top pitchers. Every team they've played after the first four games has a winning record, which is more than we can say. And going into our series with them, we had basically the same record against lesser opposition. Either we're worse than they are, or they're better than you're giving them credit for.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:12 pm

Which would have something to do with the perception that they're a bad team. They've played a tough schedule. Yes, they've played Ark, Vandy and Ole Miss. A combined total of FOUR games. All midweek, which also means Memphis wasn't using their top pitchers. Every team they've played after the first four games has a winning record, which is more than we can say. And going into our series with them, we had basically the same record against lesser opposition. Either we're worse than they are, or they're better than you're giving them credit for.
How would we be worse than they are? We just went on the field and won 3/4 without our best pitcher.

The perception that they are bad comes from the fact that they are in the 200’s in most important statistical categories. They’ll finish 6th,7th or 8th in the conference.

They’re benefiting from playing some elite teams, if they played just regular good teams instead of Vandy, Ole Miss and Arkansas they still lose but their RPI wouldn’t be as good.

Memphis played a 4 game set with a Baylor team that isn’t even good. Got swept and out scored 42-15.
RobertM320
Green Wave

So explain, PRIOR to us having played them, what would show that? All that matters is Wins and Losses. We had the same record, against lesser opposition, or as you said, just regular good teams, instead of Ark, Vandy and Ole Miss. And, they only played a total of 4 games against them. By that metric, our RPI of 95 is ALSO inflated because we played Miss State three times.
RobertM320
Green Wave

As Dennis Green once said, you are what your record says we are. We had a comparable record, against comparable opposition. That pretty much says, we're about the same as they are. Now if you want to say Memphis is a bad team, that fine. But that also means you have to say Tulane is a bad team.
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:27 pm As Dennis Green once said, you are what your record says we are. We had a comparable record, against comparable opposition. That pretty much says, we're about the same as they are. Now if you want to say Memphis is a bad team, that fine. But that also means you have to say Tulane is a bad team.
I’ve been saying that we’re a bad team all year, but we’re better than Memphis
RobertM320
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:34 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:27 pm As Dennis Green once said, you are what your record says we are. We had a comparable record, against comparable opposition. That pretty much says, we're about the same as they are. Now if you want to say Memphis is a bad team, that fine. But that also means you have to say Tulane is a bad team.
I’ve been saying that we’re a bad team all year, but we’re better than Memphis
And I would agree with you. And yet, we're quite likely the 3rd best team in the AAC, after ECU and Wichita St.
ccap05
Surge

Gosh Darn, that is a pretty intense reaction to my writing that the Wave looked OK last weekend. Without wading into the debate about just how bad Memphis might be, I reiterate that the Wave looked decent last weekend and that I am excited to see them play this weekend. Roll Wave.
Profoundwizard
Swell

ccap05 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 am Gosh Darn, that is a pretty intense reaction to my writing that the Wave looked OK last weekend. Without wading into the debate about just how bad Memphis might be, I reiterate that the Wave looked decent last weekend and that I am excited to see them play this weekend. Roll Wave.
If I came off as intense, that was not my intent. I simply asked a question. Winwave can’t leave me alone though and had to make something out of nothing
Hornetswave
Low Tide

Roll wave
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:35 am
ccap05 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 am Gosh Darn, that is a pretty intense reaction to my writing that the Wave looked OK last weekend. Without wading into the debate about just how bad Memphis might be, I reiterate that the Wave looked decent last weekend and that I am excited to see them play this weekend. Roll Wave.
If I came off as intense, that was not my intent. I simply asked a question. Winwave can’t leave me alone though and had to make something out of nothing
ccaps take is right on the money just as I said. I was just trying to help you by pointing out how easily triggered you are in this situation. It's going to play out however it plays out. The team either goes on a hell of a run and he's back or they continue to play bad baseball and he's gone.
swampnik
Surge

Run starts first game Friday with Brenden at the helm.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)