Dannen and Fritz not going to KU

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 am
Wave755 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:25 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:53 pm
will Tulane ever hire someone with metro nola or Tulane ties for the AD job ?
We said no to Arnie Fielkow? :roll: He really wanted the job. Same "Old Tulane."🤷‍♂️
Arnie was highly energized and ready to shake everything up, in order to make Tulane athletics successful. All this made him way too dangerous for the Tulane blue bloods and mediocrity-worshipping administration. His energy and effort would have comparatively embarrassed many of the those who have been lapping at the Tulane Trough for way too long.
Arnie now working to get a football stadium built in the 9th Ward to give access to the less fortunate.

https://www.nola.com/news/business/arti ... 9ef8b.html
“It’s a great project,” said Fielkow, who was executive vice president of the New Orleans Saints from 2000 to 2005. “I’ve been working my butt off, and now we have to go out there and raise the money.”

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 am if U are Kansas, U must recruit the state of Texas..too bad that, UT, Texas A&M, TCU, Tx Tech, Baylor, SMU, Houston, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, 'Bama, lsu, Ohio State and several others, recruit there also...hell, Kansas only has two kids from Kansas on the Basketball roster ! The Sunflowers are nice, but when it comes to high school athletics, it is a wasteland
Exactly. Either Kansas football gains a national reputation and recruiting profile, like it’s basketball program, or it’s dead. There is no in-between in the Kansas athletic wasteland. Look what has happened to Nebraska once it left the Texas recruiting grounds—wasteland.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

How old is he now ? In his quote he says he has to go raise money . . . maybe dannen should take notes.

I think KU fans are most excited about the prospect of Lance Leopold and then Monken. But none of them would mind fritz. Take this worth a grain of salt
wave97
Swell

There is absolutely no way that Jeff Monken gets hired to run the wishbone at Kansas. The Big Twelve teams will adapt to the scheme quickly.
Coach Fritz's buyout is interesting.
I think they retain the interim WR Coach or hire Lance Leipold.
Citypark
Ripple

Only at TULANE

We have a mediocre football coach and a do-nothing AD who do not want to be at Tulane. That is our hope to get us into a major conference and relevance again.

Only at TULANE
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:45 am There is absolutely no way that Jeff Monken gets hired to run the wishbone at Kansas. The Big Twelve teams will adapt to the scheme quickly.
Coach Fritz's buyout is interesting.
I think they retain the interim WR Coach or hire Lance Leipold.
I agree Monken is not going anywhere...Army plays an overall "cush" schedule, he gets to "recruit" like Navy, 120 kids a year as military appointments...no where in hell is the wishbone-triple option going to make it against any PEE conference defense...even Texas Tech ha a "D" that can defend against it, well..on 2nd thought
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

The "air raid" vs "the bone"...
Polar opposites of the offensive scheme spectrum.
Wildly entertaining if you prefer track meets.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Citypark wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:14 pm Only at TULANE

We have a mediocre football coach and a do-nothing AD who do not want to be at Tulane. That is our hope to get us into a major conference and relevance again.

Only at TULANE
And the majority of the fan base(YOGWF) thinks they’re awesome
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:25 pm

Only at TULANE
Dannen has been interviewing for a lot of open AD jobs. He wants out. Problem nobody wants him. When KU took a rookie assistant AD over him that convinced me he’s here forever. No progress in anything. Willie Fritz has done well but the bar for him was so low. Compared to Bowden it’s a different story. Hunter as well. Dunleavy bar so low. Dickson bar so low. Sucks to be a Tulane fan and has for most of my life. Citypark nailed it. How we didn’t hire Arnie is beyond belief.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:31 pm

Only at TULANE
Dannen has been interviewing for a lot of open AD jobs. He wants out. Problem nobody wants him. When KU took a rookie assistant AD over him that convinced me he’s here forever. No progress in anything. Willie Fritz has done well but the bar for him was so low. Compared to Bowden it’s a different story. Hunter as well. Dunleavy bar so low. Dickson bar so low. Sucks to be a Tulane fan and has for most of my life. Citypark nailed it. How we didn’t hire Arnie is beyond belief.
Word was Tom Benson may have blocked Arnie.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

How many ( and which) AD jobs has Dannen Interviewed for ?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I hope Willie stays. Chip Long, Pratt and Willie together will be successful . . . Especially if hampton can make us average on 3rd and 4th down defense.
galvezwave
Swell

Tulane is as good in athletics as they wanna be.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:34 pm

Very true indeed. And, angering the richest man in Louisiana and/or his wife Gayle, was something they just would not do. Arnie told us, as we have all heard from multiple sources, Benson in the immediate aftermath of Katrina had definitively decided to move the Saints to San Antonio, which move Arnie and many others then in the Saints organization vehemently opposed.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Only at TULANE
Yup, that about sums it up nicely!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:51 pm
Very true indeed. And, angering the richest man in Louisiana and/or his wife Gayle, was something they just would not do. Arnie told us, as we have all heard from multiple sources, Benson in the immediate aftermath of Katrina had definitively decided to move the Saints to San Antonio, which move Arnie and many others then in the Saints organization vehemently opposed.
I doubt the NFL was going to allow the Saints to relocate....behind close doors Jerry Jones would have been very vocal ....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:12 pm
Wave755 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:51 pm
I doubt the NFL was going to allow the Saints to relocate....behind close doors Jerry Jones would have been very vocal ....
That's just what they told Al Davis. :D
Wave755
Tsunami

The very latest head coach search discussion from "Kansas Jayhawk Football":

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2021/4/7/ ... ch-chatter
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Only at TULANE
I'm no fan of TD but truth is you can't blame him for looking elsewhere. He sees that the facilities for the two main sports are a huge hindrance to recruiting and that even if you fill them they are so small you can't make any money. On top of that the few big money donors all got tapped out by the stadium so he can't build the football ops. nor the new Arena.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
1989alum
Low Tide

What is so bad about Dannen and Fritz entertaining other offers? They both have a right to test the market, make more $$ and seek greater prestige. I'm not sure I want someone who is satisfied to spend the remainder of their career at Tulane unless they have good reason to - Tulane alum, New Orleans native, old age, etc. That reminds me of Dickson, Cowen. Willy and Troy obviously need to accomplish more at Tulane before someone else is going to pay them big $$ but they have every right to learn that on their own. I admire their ambition and it should hopefully serve us well and then we go find the next ambitious coach and AD.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Don’t Forget about Jewett. He wanted to leave too, but again nobody wanted him.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Your comment is too logical and sane ;)
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:35 pm

I'm no fan of TD but truth is you can't blame him for looking elsewhere. He sees that the facilities for the two main sports are a huge hindrance to recruiting and that even if you fill them they are so small you can't make any money. On top of that the few big money donors all got tapped out by the stadium so he can't build the football ops. nor the new Arena.
Truth be told those big donors had loyalty to Cowen and Dickson. Dannen has not brought in one of his own donors like Fitts seems to be bringing in for the university. Rick Jones brought in his own donors to fund the Turchin build. Conroy and Dickson got Devlin to donate for basketball and Cowen got Yulman and Glazer to donate for FB. Dannen has done absolutely nothing to bring in his own or new donors. He got a bigger weight room that now rivals Newman HS.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 am Arnie was highly energized and ready to shake everything up, in order to make Tulane athletics successful. All this made him way too dangerous for the Tulane blue bloods and mediocrity-worshipping administration. His energy and effort would have comparatively embarrassed many of the those who have been lapping at the Tulane Trough for way too long.
I love Arnie and I believe he will go straight to Heaven for helping to blow up Tom Benson's plan to use Katrina as an excuse to move the Saints to San Antonio but that grand gesture also made him pretty much un-hirable. When you're paid good money you are supposed to follow orders.
God Bless Everyone!