Tulane Loses Series to Grand Canyon

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Oscar Frayer, GCU basketball player that played last weekend against Iowa and was set to walk the stage and receive his diploma, died Tuesday in a car accident in California.

https://theathletic.com/news/oscar-fray ... dailyemail
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Oh Brother
Low Tide

This TU team is so poorly prepared to execute fundamental plays. We may be swept by Canyon. What will it take to run TJ out of his office?
Oh Brother
Low Tide

We have more errors than hitsAA is praising our opponents” great performance”
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane wins game one 7-4
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Devito is the closer.
Devito is the closer.
Devito is the closer.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Oh Brother wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:10 pm We have more errors than hitsAA is praising our opponents” great performance”
We need not only new coaches but also a new play by play man !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:25 pm
Oh Brother wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:10 pm We have more errors than hitsAA is praising our opponents” great performance”
We were spoiled by Graf, whom I think was among the best collegiate announcers in the country. His passion and love for all things Tulane was evident, but he wasn't strictly a homer. AA occasionally shows some emotion, but his voice just wasn't created to be a play by play announcer. I don't think I'll ever get used to or comfortable with him, and don't think he's going to change.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:41 am
nawlinspete wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:25 pm
We were spoiled by Graf, whom I think was among the best collegiate announcers in the country. His passion and love for all things Tulane was evident, but he wasn't strictly a homer. AA occasionally shows some emotion, but his voice just wasn't created to be a play by play announcer. I don't think I'll ever get used to or comfortable with him, and don't think he's going to change.
nothing against Andrew...but Leafield-IMG made the decsion to hire him. TD, wanting to get rid of all things/people tulane, prior to his arrival, signed off on it
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Coach TJ got tossed in the middle of the 1st Wave down 4-0.
Looks like he got tossed on purpose just to fire up the team.
May have worked now 4-2. Single then Hr by the Wave no outs.
Tulane Class of 1981
Oh Brother
Low Tide

Time to quit griping I guess and just accept the reality- a poorly coached team without any power. Seems we have more errors than runs, although overall stats belie that. Dannen made a terrible choice hiring a long time assistant with no record of leading his team to success and with no personality. All because the AD wanted to show his independence. Well, he did and how’s that going in baseball and overall?
Oh Brother
Low Tide

If AA would spend more time learning about Tulane and less about which coaching tree the opposing manager comes from or who played in a 2005 summer league or referring to every foul ball as a flare, maybe just shut up, it would be far better
Profoundwizard
Swell

Oh Brother wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:31 pm If AA would spend more time learning about Tulane and less about which coaching tree the opposing manager comes from or who played in a 2005 summer league or referring to every foul ball as a flare, maybe just shut up, it would be far better
I don’t like to rag on him because I’m sure he’s a good guy but all of your complaints are accurate
Houma de Wave
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:36 pm
Oh Brother wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:31 pm If AA would spend more time learning about Tulane and less about which coaching tree the opposing manager comes from or who played in a 2005 summer league or referring to every foul ball as a flare, maybe just shut up, it would be far better
I don’t like to rag on him because I’m sure he’s a good guy but all of your complaints are accurate
I'm afraid you're correct. It's even more painful when you're ball club is subpar.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Really? Grand Canyon University? Struggling to beat Grand Canyon University? Losing to Grand Canyon University?

Way to go Jewitt! We are 10-11!!!!

Impressive!!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I haven’t been to one home game yet this season. I did go to Hammond to see us play SELA. I now find it difficult to even sit home and watch a full game on the stream. And I’m huge Tulane baseball fan. Prior to this season I hadn’t missed a home game in over 15 years and made a quite few road ones during that period. I find the games this season take way too long and are just not fun to watch. Almost painful at this point. Its been so disappointing this season after last years 15-2 shortened season. I now have discovered free time outside of Tulane baseball. For me it to attend in person a 3 1/2 to four hour game would consume about 6 hours of time including travel to and from the game.
Multiply that by just weekend games and I was spending nearly 18 hours of my weekend on Tulane. Now I’m able to condense that time to a few hours by skimming through the stream when we get on base or score runs. Now to get me back to the park in person Tulane is going to have to be a consistent regional team I not going to spend 18 hours of my weekends watching anything less. In the past I would live and die with every win or loss but now I no longer have that passion. I’ve found better ways to spend my time. I know there are others similar to me that feel that way as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:22 am I haven’t been to one home game yet this season. I did go to Hammond to see us play SELA. I now find it difficult to even sit home and watch a full game on the stream. And I’m huge Tulane baseball fan. Prior to this season I hadn’t missed a home game in over 15 years and made a quite few road ones during that period. I find the games this season take way too long and are just not fun to watch. Almost painful at this point. Its been so disappointing this season after last years 15-2 shortened season. I now have discovered free time outside of Tulane baseball. For me it to attend in person a 3 1/2 to four hour game would consume about 6 hours of time including travel to and from the game.
Multiply that by just weekend games and I was spending nearly 18 hours of my weekend on Tulane. Now I’m able to condense that time to a few hours by skimming through the stream when we get on base or score runs. Now to get me back to the park in person Tulane is going to have to be a consistent regional team I not going to spend 18 hours of my weekends watching anything less. In the past I would live and die with every win or loss but now I no longer have that passion. I’ve found better ways to spend my time. I know there are others similar to me that feel that way as well.
I went to 2 home games. The Mask Mandate has done me in, not to mention our lack of success. Tulane acts like we should be honored to even be allowed to attend. One guy in the concession stand line told my friend behind me to “BACK OFF!”...couldn’t have been any uglier. He, my friend, has yet to attend another game. I have a 2hour, 10 minute round trip and also was a season ticket holder.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:31 pm [

I went to 2 home games. The Mask Mandate has done me in, not to mention our lack of success. Tulane acts like we should be honored to even be allowed to attend. One guy in the concession stand line told my friend behind me to “BACK OFF!”...couldn’t have been any uglier. He, my friend, has yet to attend another game. I have a 2hour, 10 minute round trip and also was a season ticket holder.
Yes that’s for sure. Plus they charging current season ticket holders full price for each game and I believe you have to buy at least 2 tickets. At least that’s how it was not sure if they sell single tickets yet. Too much of a hassle and time to watch mediocrity.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

No volume on the ESPN+ broadcast...kinda nice.
MicMan
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:22 am I haven’t been to one home game yet this season. I did go to Hammond to see us play SELA. I now find it difficult to even sit home and watch a full game on the stream. And I’m huge Tulane baseball fan. Prior to this season I hadn’t missed a home game in over 15 years and made a quite few road ones during that period. I find the games this season take way too long and are just not fun to watch. Almost painful at this point. Its been so disappointing this season after last years 15-2 shortened season. I now have discovered free time outside of Tulane baseball. For me it to attend in person a 3 1/2 to four hour game would consume about 6 hours of time including travel to and from the game.
That's also the case for the live gate of sports with endless seasons.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:26 pm
That's also the case for the live gate of sports with endless seasons.
Yep. No question
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:22 pm No volume on the ESPN+ broadcast...kinda nice.
I thought that as well 🤫
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Lose this series to GCU and Jewitt deserves to be fired immediately....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

From the looks of the stands people just not interested in attending anymore.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:55 pm Lose this series to GCU and Jewitt deserves to be fired immediately....
:1thumb: