Coming and going

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Here's who's gone and who's here for the spring:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 9fcc5.html

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

Sorry to see Huderson leave-but any word on Tyjae and if he’s rehabilitated?
gbgreenie
Surge

Dave breslin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:15 am Sorry to see Huderson leave-but any word on Tyjae and if he’s rehabilitated?
For Info returning roster Quarterbacks for 2021
QUARTERBACK 6'2" 200 LBS
7 MICHAEL PRATT
FRESHMAN EXERCISE SCIENCE BOCA RATON, FLA. DEERFIELD BEACH HS
Earned a three-star rating from 247sports.com and rivals.com… Led Deerfield Beach to the Florida High School Class 8A Semifinals in the 2019 season… Transferred from Boca Raton High School before the 2019 school year… Logged for 158 yards and two touchdowns passing and one rushing touchdown in the Class 8A regional semifinal.

QUARTERBACK 6'1" 205 LBS
8 JOSH COLTRIN
SOPHOMORE ENGINEERING PHYSICS HOUSTON, TEXAS MANVEL
Played football for two years as a quarterback at Manvel...Was the state runner-up in 2017...Scored five touchdowns in a single game against Clear Lake HS...Was also a jumper on his high school track and field team for two years...An all-area triple jumper.

:D Cameron Dartez
QUARTERBACK 6'0" 195 LBS
12 CAMERON DARTEZ
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN UNDECLARED BUSINESS BATON ROUGE, LA CATHOLIC
Spent one season at Nicholls State where he recieved a redshirt...Two-year starting quarterback for at Catholic High School in Baton Rouge…led Catholic to two straight Division I State Championship appearances winning the title in 2017 while earning Most Valuable Player...selected 5-5A First Team All-District and 5-5A District Offensive Most Valuable Player... selected to Division I All-State Academic Team…selected as a Two-time WAFB Player of the Week….and selected as a WBRZ Fans Choice Award winner…as a senior completed 69% of his passes for 1,487 yds, 16 TDs and rushed for 415 yds, 5 TDs …as a junior completed 61% of his passes for 1,657 yds and 12 TDs,

Justin Ibieta
QUARTERBACK 6'4" 230 LBS
13 JUSTIN IBIETA
FRESHMAN UNDECLARED BUSINESS METAIRIE, LA. METAIRIE PARK COUNTRY DAY SCHOOL
Ranked as the 50th-best prospect in the state of Louisiana by Rivals.com… Named a three-star recruit by 247sports.com… Completed 191 of 295 passes for 2,870 yards and 38 touchdowns, while rushing 147 times for 1,023 yards and 17 more scores in his junior season at Metairie Park Country Day in 2018…Following the 2018 campaign, Ibieta was showered with postseason honors, as he was named Class 2A Outstanding Offensive Player of the Year by the LSWA, Friday Night Football/New Orleans Bowl/ New Orleans Quaterback Club Player of the Year, 2A Offensive Player of the Year, Nola.com All Metro MVP, 2A District Offensive MVP and was selected Max Preps Small School All American...As a senior in 2019, he was named to the All-District and NOLA.com All Metro Team...He also served as the team captain as a senior...His sister, Jenna, is a member of the Tulane volleyball team… Father, Juan, was a pitcher at Tulane (1990-93)…Mother played volleyball at LSU.

Drew Harris
QUARTERBACK 6'1" 200 LBS
16 DREW HARRIS
REDSHIRT JUNIOR MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION EASTON, PA. CAMDEN
Played for coach Dwayne Savage at Camden HS… named to the All-South Jersey Team… ranked a two-star prospect by 247sports.com… also competed in track.

QUARTERBACK 6'1" 200 LBS
19 JOSH HOLL
REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE FINANCE & MANAGEMENT HOUSTON, TEXAS CYPRESS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Four-year letterwinner in football...Two-year starter...Threw for 1,500 yards and 12 touchdowns in his first year as a starter...Also rushed for nine touchdowns and over 400 yards...As senior, Holl smashed multiple school records including passing yards (3,150) and touchdowns (51) en route to winning the TAPPS 4A State Title - the first in school history...During the championship game against McKinney Christian, Holl went 16-for-25 for 400 yards and six touchdowns with zero interceptions...Selected as a finalist for the Houston Touchdown Club and was named first team all-conference and first team all-state following his senior season...Was selected as the Houston Chronicle Player of the Week after he threw a school-record seven touchdowns against in-state rival Northland Christian...Also lettered in basketball and track.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:15 am Sorry to see Huderson leave-but any word on Tyjae and if he’s rehabilitated?
Haven't heard anything on Spears recovery process. It happened during the season and so one would think he won't participate in spring practice. He would hopefully be involved come summer work outs. He should play next year but it's usually the second year back from his type of injury before we should expect him to perform the way he was prior to the injury.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Any word about Corey Dauphine?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not yet. Should know soon.
51WaveBG
High Tide

Which of the QB's are on Scholarship and which are PWO's or other wise?
gbgreenie
Surge

51WaveBG wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:17 pm Which of the QB's are on Scholarship and which are PWO's or other wise?
We know Pratt and Ibieta are, I would think Dartez a transfer from Nicholls st. and Holl is impressive from a Houston High School. Holl passed for over 51 td and 3100 yards while winning 4A Championship in Houston. Good credentials.

Then we have Horton with 80 TD passes and a Texas 4 A Championship coming in.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:06 am
51WaveBG wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:17 pm Which of the QB's are on Scholarship and which are PWO's or other wise?
We know Pratt and Ibieta are, I would think Dartez a transfer from Nicholls st. and Holl is impressive from a Houston High School. Holl passed for over 51 td and 3100 yards while winning 4A Championship in Houston. Good credentials.

Holl played in "TAPPS" the catholic and private school league in Texas, not the ""UIL" which is the offiical state of Texas High School Athletic Association...a big difference in the depth of competion..that said, Gary Gubiak and Andrew Luck both played in the TAPPS league
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
gbgreenie
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:08 am

Holl played in "TAPPS" the catholic and private school league in Texas, not the ""UIL" which is the offiical state of Texas High School Athletic Association...a big difference in the depth of competion..that said, Gary Gubiak and Andrew Luck both played in the TAPPS league
Well if the Catholic League in Houston is anything like the one in New Orleans, not bad football.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pratt, Ibieta and Horton are on scholarship. The others are PWO's. Plus I believe there's been no mention yet of whether or not Howard is coming back with that extra year granted.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 am

Well if the Catholic League in Houston is anything like the one in New Orleans, not bad football.
TAPPS has a total of about 220 schools State wide in Texas, which is about what metro nola has...the competition is not all that deep,
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TAPPS...4A enrollment classification between 141 to 217 students (Cypress Chrisitan)

UIL 4A enrollment classifiacation between 1,050 to 2089 (Carthage)

The QB from Mississippi, who played 6A ball, and signed with So Miss..when checking mississippis enrollemnt classification, he would have been a 4A player in Texas

I will be very intrested to see how the Dartez kid does
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Coltrin also comes from Houston-area Manvel High School--another year-to-year Texas powerhouse.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

the censor board is talking about (DE) Davon Wright in the transfer portal.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Andrew Luck didn’t play in TAPPS. He was QB for Houston Stratford High School.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 am

Houston TAPPS is not as strong as New Orlean’s Catholic League.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:53 pm

Andrew Luck didn’t play in TAPPS. He was QB for Houston Stratford High School.
U are correct Kubiak played for St Pius of Devine Agony, and Luck @ Stratford, where he walked in the footsteps of his idol, Craig James
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

looks like Keon Howard has entered the Portal...best of luck to the young man
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Has Fritz received the annual feelers from Lindsay Scott and family? LOL.
nawlinspete
Riptide

How many more "comings> are possible in the February signing period ?

Any word on potential transfers ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .