Billy Wiles De-commits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:44 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:14 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:52 am I look for Brennan to transfer in
Even with Pratt in the saddle? Does Brennan have a strong hankering for a graduate degree from Tulane?
Brennan would only be in his 2nd or 3rd year of eligibility.... the Brennan family are huge Tulane boosters...ever hard of Commanders Palace, Brennas' to name of few of their dining places in NOLA
During my undergrad years, I worked as a part time waiter at Commander's Palace--an ideal job for a college student. A few frat bros and I were hired right after Ella, Dick, John and Adelaide bought it, it was all decked out in black and red velvet decor--like a good ole fashion brothel. We part-timers were flushed when the original Brennan's burned up, and most of it's professional waiters moved over to Commander's. I didn't realize that QB Brennan was from the same clan. Is he better than Pratt?

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:59 pm

Even with Pratt in the saddle? Does Brennan have a strong hankering for a graduate degree from Tulane?
Brennan would only be in his 2nd or 3rd year of eligibility.... the Brennan family are huge Tulane boosters...ever hard of Commanders Palace, Brennas' to name of few of their dining places in NOLA
During my undergrad years, I worked as a part time waiter at Commander's Palace--an ideal job for a college student. A few frat bros and I were hired right after Ella, Dick, John and Adelaide bought it, it was all decked out in black and red velvet decor--like a good ole fashion brothel. We part-timers were flushed when the original Brennan's burned up, and most of it's professional waiters moved over to Commander's. I didn't realize that QB Brennan was from the same clan. Is he better than Pratt?
Brennans Stats
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... nan-1.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dream to walk on and sit the bench 🤔 Good luck Billy.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
oliveandblue
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm Dream to walk on and sit the bench 🤔 Good luck Billy.
He's QB3 at best if he signs with Tulane. PWO at Clemson is the right call.
GreenLantern
Riptide

oliveandblue wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm Dream to walk on and sit the bench 🤔 Good luck Billy.
He's QB3 at best if he signs with Tulane. PWO at Clemson is the right call.
I suppose if you're going to spend your college career on the bench, you might as well do it at a school that has a shot at a national championship.

That would make for an interesting survey question. Would you rather sit on the bench and never play a down at Alabama or would you rather start at USM ?
gbgreenie
Surge

Why are you guys talking of getting more quarterbacks, Brennan is no better than Pratt or Horton will be and Ibieta may be better than Brennan with good coaching The wave have the best Quarterback depth with incoming Kai Horton than it has ever had and you debbie downers will see. The battle between Pratt and Horton will be a blessing for the future of our Football Program!!! Bringing someone else in will cause our QB's to transfer before they have a chance to develop.
McWave
High Tide

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:58 am
nawlinspete wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 am
Hope not , we must stop being perceived as the illegitimate step child of lsu .
The young man wanted to come to Tulane...but Fritz had his option O in place and told him he was not a fit...that is not the case anymore on the O side of the Ball...ya take the best player U can get...transfer or not...oh yeah, tell that to SMU and their transfer QB
So let me get this straight...Fritz passed on a 4 start recruit because he (Fritz) couldn't figure out a way to use his talents? Wow!!! When was the last time a 4 star recruit signed with TU? How much does Fritz make?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:15 pm
Why are you guys talking of getting more quarterbacks, Brennan is no better than Pratt or Horton will be and Ibieta may be better than Brennan with good coaching The wave have the best Quarterback depth with incoming Kai Horton than it has ever had and you debbie downers will see. The battle between Pratt and Horton will be a blessing for the future of our Football Program!!! Bringing someone else in will cause our QB's to transfer before they have a chance to develop.
Hey gb, please note that those discussions occurred well before Kai Horton signed with us. Also, I gather there are more than a few fans that think Brennan might well be able to compete with Pratt, Ibeita or Horton. All that said, I haven't heard a word about Brennan since mid-December--so I suspect his interest in Tulane, or Tulane's interest in him, may be waning.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I guess it's fair to conclude that he didn't get any decent FBS scholarship offers. This development tells me that Fritz or Long gave him the heave ho.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If it was Stanford or Notre Dame ( or even michigan/UT) that would be one thing . . . but that clemson admission and degree isn't exactly elite.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

McWave wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:16 am

The young man wanted to come to Tulane...but Fritz had his option O in place and told him he was not a fit...that is not the case anymore on the O side of the Ball...ya take the best player U can get...transfer or not...oh yeah, tell that to SMU and their transfer QB
So let me get this straight...Fritz passed on a 4 start recruit because he (Fritz) couldn't figure out a way to use his talents? Wow!!! When was the last time a 4 star recruit signed with TU? How much does Fritz make?
We have had a several 4 star transfers recently
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:16 pm We have had a several 4 star transfers recently

But how many 4 star HS recruits have signed? Last one I remember was IMHO a disappointment though some think he was as advertised. Darion Monroe, was a solid player, but not a great one. Have we signed one out of HS since? Monroe was a 4 star Rivals and ESPN, 3 star 247 and scout.com ratings. That was 2012.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:53 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:16 pm We have had a several 4 star transfers recently

But how many 4 star HS recruits have signed? Last one I remember was IMHO a disappointment though some think he was as advertised. Darion Monroe, was a solid player, but not a great one. Have we signed one out of HS since? Monroe was a 4 star Rivals and ESPN, 3 star 247 and scout.com ratings. That was 2012.
You are correct we haven’t. Very few G5’s do. Cinci has had a few and SMU has their new QB Preston stone who was a high 4 star. Keyes was almost a 4 star
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:16 pm
McWave wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:16 am
We have had a several 4 star transfers recently
Who are the 4 star transfers and what did they do once they got here?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wasn't Davenport a four-star? I thought J-Mac might've been but I looked it up and he was only a three-star.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:36 pm Wasn't Davenport a four-star? I thought J-Mac might've been but I looked it up and he was only a three-star.
Davenport may have been a 4 star, but he was a grad transfer that couldn't find the field at LSU.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ajcalhoun
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:30 pm
ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:36 pm Wasn't Davenport a four-star? I thought J-Mac might've been but I looked it up and he was only a three-star.
Davenport may have been a 4 star, but he was a grad transfer that couldn't find the field at LSU.

Sorry, I was still following the transfer tangent of this thread. If we're talking about signed out of high school, I don't remember the last four-star before Monroe; Losman maybe?
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Dauhphine was a 4 star who had a good but not great career due to injuries. Kyle Myers the Cornerback from fsu also was a 4 star and was awful.
RobertM320
Green Wave

This is not correct. You were thinking of Jack Abraham. Brennan wasn't looking to come to Tulane.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:57 pm Dauhphine was a 4 star who had a good but not great career due to injuries. Kyle Myers the Cornerback from fsu also was a 4 star and was awful.
Bi- you said we had several. Who else?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
swampnik
Surge

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:56 pm

Sorry, I was still following the transfer tangent of this thread. If we're talking about signed out of high school, I don't remember the last four-star before Monroe; Losman maybe?
Losman was a 5-star otr of California when Toledo had him transfer into Tulane.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:57 am
ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:56 pm

Losman was a 5-star otr of California when Toledo had him transfer into Tulane.
Chris Scelfo got him. JP QB’d us to an Hawaii Bowl win. Prior to that he sat the bench behind Patrick Ramsey for two seasons. Plus he had to sit out his first year after transferring from UCLA. He was gone before Toledo even got here. JP was drafted in 2004 draft, Toledo was hired in 2007.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

I think he meant Toledo was the coach at UCLA when Losman transferred to Tulane.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:39 am I think he meant Toledo was the coach at UCLA when Losman transferred to Tulane.
Ok. That would be correct but it’s not written that way.
Tulane Class of 1981