Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Show Me
Tsunami

I think masks great for people that want to wear them and people that don’t shouldn’t have to. We’ve gone for a year now and the virus is worse than ever so those masks seem to be failing us the only way to end this pandemic is through a vaccine and heard immunity which hopefully will come in the next 4 to 6 months God bless everyone and happy new year!

greenie78
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:22 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:05 pm Mask supporters? U mean every medical professional? Every doctor. Every nurse. Literally anyone in the medical profession. EVERY SINGLE ONE! But RobertM320 knows better. Do you.
I know several nurses that call bullshit on mask-wearing. I wear them not because I believe in them but because I can't stand whiney bitches.
Whoever those nurses are, I sure as hell wouldn’t work with them. I wear a mask and everything else when seeing covid patients as well as wearing a mask in the clinic along with my staff. I’ve havent tested posItive and stayed away from catching usual cold/flu viruses. My parents wear a mask wherever they go and they haven’t gotten sick. Masks work especially if worn correctly and not when it’s under the nose.
Last edited by greenie78 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenie78
Riptide

I got my vaccine two weeks ago and scheduled to get the second dose next week. Outside of mild soreness at the injection spot, I didn’t have any side effects. I felt fine.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:55 pm I got my vaccine two weeks ago and scheduled to get the second dose next week. Outside of mild soreness at the injection spot, I didn’t have any side effects. I felt fine.
Glad to hear it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:55 pm I got my vaccine two weeks ago and scheduled to get the second dose next week. Outside of mild soreness at the injection spot, I didn’t have any side effects. I felt fine.
Wifey got her’s three day’s ago. No side effect. Pfizer one.
St Tammany Hospital
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:58 pm I think masks great for people that want to wear them and people that don’t shouldn’t have to. We’ve gone for a year now and the virus is worse than ever so those masks seem to be failing us the only way to end this pandemic is through a vaccine and heard immunity which hopefully will come in the next 4 to 6 months God bless everyone and happy new year!
Have you considered that things could be worse?
Green Wave
Swell

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
ROLL WAVE!
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:05 pm
Show Me wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:58 pm I think masks great for people that want to wear them and people that don’t shouldn’t have to. We’ve gone for a year now and the virus is worse than ever so those masks seem to be failing us the only way to end this pandemic is through a vaccine and heard immunity which hopefully will come in the next 4 to 6 months God bless everyone and happy new year!
How? We are in a Pandemic.
Show Me
Tsunami

Democrats celebrate more good news for their agenda.

A ‘healthy’ doctor died two weeks after getting a COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavi ... story.html

This will now affect the number of people getting vaccinated of course which will lead to longer lockdowns.
gbgreenie
Surge

Show Me wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:30 am
You know how stupid you are, okay if people want to drive drunk its ok, nobody should wear helmits or wear seatbelts if they don't want. What goes on in a home is the right of the owners, if a husband beats his wife that is his right and her right to prosecute or not. It okay if I am eating in a restaurant for someone to light up a cigarette and blow smoke in my face that is their right, It was the protestors right to charge and threaten the vice president and speaker of the house, it was their right to do as they please to do. This country is rediculous, lol. You are so Pathetic just like others like you. It is selfish and self serving. Heard immunity are you that stupid, a virus with the highest death rate of any and you are talking heard immunity, you think its ok for over a half million people to die. Well you should be one of them. Tell hospitals, doctors and nurses its ok for hospitals to run out of ICU's and fill up because you are so selfish as not to wear a mask. Be man enough and go into the hospitals and tell them that. And the vaccine is not proven to prevent spread only proven to protect the person, so mask may be necessary for awhile. Become a true American that will protect us from a virus as you would from and foreign invader!!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Meaning if people did not take precautions things could be worse? I have to explain this to u? Freakin joke.

Does wearing a mask help, idk, but there is a ton of evidence that it does at least helps to reduce the spread and this will get us going faster economically.
EVERY MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL WEARS A MASK. So you morons debating the idea of taking 5 seconds out of your life to put on a mask is frankly embarrassing.

Keep calling it a right instead of basic decency. Goddam joke. Grow the hell up.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:25 am

Meaning if people did not take precautions things could be worse? I have to explain this to u? Freakin joke.

Does wearing a mask help, idk, but there is a ton of evidence that it does at least helps to reduce the spread and this will get us going faster economically.
EVERY MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL WEARS A MASK. So you morons debating the idea of taking 5 seconds out of your life to put on a mask is frankly embarrassing.

Keep calling it a right instead of basic decency. Goddam joke. Grow the hell up.
Most people getting it from their immediate family.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:28 am

And where are “their immediate family” getting it to bring it into the home?
You sir are an embarrassment to reason.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:39 am
Show Me wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:28 am

And where are “their immediate family” getting it to bring it into the home?
You sir are an embarrassment to reason.
Friends.
The spread has accelerated because one family member gets it and spreads it to the entire family. Kids bringing it home from college seem to be spreading it to their siblings, parents and grandparents. Husbands giving it to wives etc.
A friend of mine is involved with the contract tracing side and that’s why it has spread so rapidly over the holidays.
greenie78
Riptide

I got the second vaccine dose and had fever and chills for day or so but it went away. I feel ok now.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:54 pm I got the second vaccine dose and had fever and chills for day or so but it went away. I feel ok now.
Glad you got it done without any major problems. Thanks for the update.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I just hung up with my 95 year old mother. I haven't been able to see her (other than on the "Show" device since before this all began. She got the shot last week, didn't even get a sore arm. "It was nothing other than a normal shot" the world's oldest living PA told me.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to hear. Hope you can see her soon.
GreenLantern
Riptide

There were 22,000 flu deaths in 2019-20

There were 22,000 COVID19 deaths last week.

Source: cdc.gov
nawlinspete
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:55 pm There were 22,000 flu deaths in 2019-20

Facts . Facts speak more clearly than denials . Thank you for posting .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:51 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:55 pm There were 22,000 flu deaths in 2019-20

Facts . Facts speak more clearly than denials . Thank you for posting .
Facts don't lie , liars lie .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
GreenLantern
Riptide

Here's hoping for a chance to go to fall football games and get life restarted. The article quoted below is specific to the AstraZeneca vaccine but I'll wager that the results will be similar with Moderna and Pfizer.
The vaccine developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca not only protects people from serious illness and death but also substantially slows the transmission of the virus, according to a new study — a finding that underscores the importance of mass vaccination as a path out of the pandemic.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/02/03 ... us-vaccine

For the record, I took the Russian-developed vaccine an hour or so ago and everything seems okay. Although I felt a bit odd for the first few minuteрез noчw чувствую себя прекрасно! Я без колебаний рекомендую это!
Show Me
Tsunami

Lol. Because there’s a flu shot.
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/0 ... for-years/

"Covid-19 patients who recovered from the disease still have robust immunity from the coronavirus eight months after infection, according to a new study. The result is an encouraging sign that the authors interpret to mean immunity to the virus probably lasts for many years,"

Link to the study itself:
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/ ... ce.abf4063
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson