Tulaned Again, Tulane loses in OT to Tulsa 30-24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

saw this on reddit:

Tulsa was a 6-point favorite and won by 6. The O/U was 54.5, final score totaled 54.
VEGAS KNEW

wave97
Swell

So, when do we rejoin the Southern Conference?
This jig is up.
wave97
Swell

We're a bowl team, right?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:00 pm We're a bowl team, right?
Yea, and we are going to “win out”. 🤪🤪
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

We can take some comfort from
the fact that few fan bases could endure what the Tulane fan base has to endure routinely.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Lastly, what did you expect? It’s 2020.
Jaxwave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:54 pm One thing is for sure—Fritz has put together an impressive collection of classic losses. Has any Tulane coach,
ever, found a way to lose more games in such agonizing ways?
There are two reasons for this. One he has gotten us more competitive so more close games and two he plays close to the vest football which leads to close games late. Talent level still not good enough to beat good teams.
glennc
Low Tide

If this isn't proof that we need a new defensive co-ordinator I don't know what is
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

glennc wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:09 pm If this isn't proof that we need a new defensive co-ordinator I don't know what is
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:03 pm We can take some comfort from
the fact that few fan bases could endure what the Tulane fan base has to endure routinely.
I really think the university should consider stoping D1 Fball and Bball. It is a waste of money at this point.
Sad.
We have a great recruiting area for Fball and can barely get above .500.
Then you have Bball which is an absolute joke.

Maybe Emery is where we should be.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:12 pm
glennc wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:09 pm If this isn't proof that we need a new defensive co-ordinator I don't know what is
At least we're nationally relevant again (for the wrong reasons) !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

A national laughing stock.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Our players DESERVE BETTER COACHING .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Jaxwave
Swell

1. Sure wish we wouldn't have knocked out Boomer
2. Tulsa has real nice defensive scheme
3. Our pro prospect DEs wee invisible tonight. One key sack from either and we win.
4. Someone said it on game board, but why are we calling timeout on their 4th and longs and allowing them to pow wow to set up exactly what they want, esp on Hail Mary.
5. Gotta send a delayed Blitzer at QB from his right to prevent him getting out of pocket on Hail Mary. Every QB sits, then rolls right to give WRs time to run down the field.
6. DBs have to break down instead of barreling ahead full speed when ball is throw short of sticks. Two crucial conversions for Tulsa were thrown a few yards short of first down and guys were juked by WR for first.
7. Did I point out how stupid we were to knock out Boomer
8. Guys, I try to be helpful with my advice to just realize that this is who we are at Tulane, a mediocre program at best so just sit back and watch these games and try to be entertained rather than letting winning and losing affect your life.
9. I really enjoyed tonight's game. I thought the kids played hard and deserved a better fate. But way too may worse things are going on in the world to worry about this stuff
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 pm 1. Sure wish we wouldn't have knocked out Boomer
2. Tulsa has real nice defensive scheme
3. Our pro prospect DEs wee invisible tonight. One key sack from either and we win.
4. Someone said it on game board, but why are we calling timeout on their 4th and longs and allowing them to pow wow to set up exactly what they want, esp on Hail Mary.
5. Gotta send a delayed Blitzer at QB from his right to prevent him getting out of pocket on Hail Mary. Every QB sits, then rolls right to give WRs time to run down the field.
6. DBs have to break down instead of barreling ahead full speed when ball is throw short of sticks. Two crucial conversions for Tulsa were thrown a few yards short of first down and guys were juked by WR for first.
7. Did I point out how stupid we were to knock out Boomer
8. Guys, I try to be helpful with my advice to just realize that this is who we are at Tulane, a mediocre program at best so just sit back and watch these games and try to be entertained rather than letting winning and losing affect your life.
9. I really enjoyed tonight's game. I thought the kids played hard and deserved a better fate. But way too may worse things are going on in the world to worry about this stuff
#4 would be me. Terrible defensive timeouts. Both resulted in Tulsa TD’s. Just pathetic. You give the offense time to regroup and organize a decent play.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Oh Brother
Low Tide

I was among those protesting in front of Dixon Hall when Cowen wanted to drop football.. maybe he was right. Unless some benefactor puts up enough money to build better facilities and hire a real football coaching staff then we will never get beyond beating a few bottom feeders and losing to everybody else on the schedule with regularity. Fritz maxed out his competitive ability at Ga Southern. End of story
Jaxwave
Swell

It's too late. Not worth the investment unless there is a P5 offer waiting. Get back to me when that happens.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:47 pm Get rid of Fritz too. He has no credibility left.
Oh no you're the fringe. (Sarcasm). To hell with FTW and every other ignoramus that says that to protect a bad coach.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Love you jax but this belongs in the gameday thread.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

I've been blabbering this for years, Fritz is good at everything except coaching in the game. He has no feel for it, instinctually it's just not there. I don't know the answer to that, I know that I am a bar owner and I could've guided that team home up 14-0. Why are our defenders running full speed chasing WRs with 6 seconds and an obvious Hail Mary coming. They should be deep as deep can be and working back to front. The timeout was absurd. Just pathetic in game coaching when it matters.
wave97
Swell

The sh"tbird award goes to our receivers coach, they got owned.
Bravo Mr wide receivers coach you've done an awful job of recruiting & developing talent over the last 5 years.
Our db's are poorly coached & all three of our db's coaching need a bus ticket out of town. Lionel Washington please pick up your phone.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

sader24 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:37 pm I've been blabbering this for years, Fritz is good at everything except coaching in the game. He has no feel for it, instinctually it's just not there. I don't know the answer to that, I know that I am a bar owner and I could've guided that team home up 14-0. Why are our defenders running full speed chasing WRs with 6 seconds and an obvious Hail Mary coming. They should be deep as deep can be and working back to front. The timeout was absurd. Just pathetic in game coaching when it matters.
Tmk, Fritz just got an extension. Let that sink in.
Accepting and rewarding slightly above average results.
Jaxwave
Swell

Ok sorry.
Jaxwave
Swell

No problem with extension. Average results is above avg at a historically below avg program.
Wave QB
Swell

Dave breslin wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:45 pm A one. A two , a hell of a kickick in the nuts o poo!!
Tulane, Tulane...........