Tulane takes down Army 38-12

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:17 pm Joel Meyers and Brian Kinchen. Kinchen played TE at LSwho.
And Joel Meyers is Pelicans TV play by play announcer, as well as other regional and national sports at times.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Only two accepted penalties against us the entire game, the two holding calls. A third one was declined. No pre-snap or post-snap penalties.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Tulane1111
High Tide

Great 2nd half!, played winning football. OL played great.

Army on that 3rd and 4 throw, by the goal line, interesting call. We also had our Defense on the field during that fake punt with our Punt returner on the field. But i guess beating them the last two games, they felt they needed to be aggressive.
swampnik
Surge

Army played 4 QB's and we played 4 QB's. We won!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Joel Meyers has a soothing voice and at best is serviceable, the other guy from LSU was absolute trash. Anyone of us would have done a better job. . . But if Joel called this game, why couldn’t graff ?

Nice to discuss this rather than the usual topics: wr’s dropping balls, our awful qb play, awful play calling, firing coaches, recruiting, facilities or any other dead horse ! A beat down to enjoy. . . Never mind what the score would have been had we caught 1 or 2 of those 3 dropped passes.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Or if Pratt took something off his fastball a couple of times.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

I knew we were going to smash Army! They have played nobody and have won 3 FCS games!
Ball Sumrall!
MicMan
Swell

Juggernaut O!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:18 pm I knew we were going to smash Army! They have played nobody and have won 3 FCS games!
You and many others.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:18 pm I knew we were going to smash Army! They have played nobody and have won 3 FCS games!
🙌🏻👏🏻👍🏻
Wave755
Tsunami

Tulane1111 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:34 pm But i guess beating them the last two games, they felt they needed to be aggressive.
Actually 1111, we have now won our last 4 games against the Army Cadets!!! :wave: :thumbup: :-D
Dave breslin
Swell

Tip of the hat to the WAVE. Good win!! Two questions-did the receivers get tackypaste to replace the Vaseline that was on their hands in the first half? And Q#2-after a turnover-why do we Not go for the BIG play. Only insecure guys and ones with small penises get shy and don’t go for the kill. Just wondering. But-congrats WAVE 🌊🌊🌊
greenphantom
Swell

Good win against a quality team. Let’s win out. Roll Wave
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:04 pm Tulane breaks 36 year streak:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... ab8bd.html
What a joke that poll is. Army is terrible. Not a Top 25 program. And neither was Vandy 36 years ago. Beat a real Top 25 team.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:08 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:04 pm Tulane breaks 36 year streak:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... ab8bd.html
What a joke that poll is. Army is terrible. Not a Top 25 program. And neither was Vandy 36 years ago. Beat a real Top 25 team.
Yep. I've been saying that. We beat the easy teams again. Now we play two decent teams. Let's beat them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

You guys sound like Andy Rooney and a bunch of curmudgeons. Grumble grumble grumble, what a terrible top 25 win that was.

How about we celebrate the wins. Yes we dominated army, wether or not they were “worthy” who cares. That’s not our job, we don’t vote. But it certainly is a metric and its a metric that does get national attention, and that’s great for us to continue to change our narrative. You can only beat the teams that you play, so let’s keep winning.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Army came into the game statistically as a Top 5 defense.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

Ruski wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:15 pm Who are these broadcasters? I want to let them know my displeasure that, on a Tulane broadcast, rather than speaking about Ibieta they talk about LSU shoulda woulda coulda bullshit.
its the Pelican ( nola / fox networth) broadcasters, yes it was a slap to our face ,!
Ruski
Swell

Great win! Makes the season feel a lot better! A good win against Tulsa/Memphis to offset the bad Navy loss and we have an all around decent season. Won the games we were supposed, won a tossup against Army. Two more wins to close out the season and I'll be thrilled.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

joel Meyers must be in hell because he is broadcasing a Tulane game .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Hornetswave wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:36 pm joel Meyers must be in hell because he is broadcasing a Tulane game .
Doesn’t make sense why it wouldn’t be graff, Joel must have a contract/affiliation with espn while graff doesn’t. It’s clearly not a Pelicans contract issue
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of Graf doing anything on ESPN. And ESPN is certainly not hiring. Were the announcers (terrible and ill informed as they are) at the game this week? We've had a number of games where the sideline reporter was the only live commentator on site.

I agree that Army wasn't worthy of being in the top 25. The only poll I saw that they were ranked in was the Coaches Poll. That said, it was a total domination of a decent team. We played really well for 45 minutes. Maybe we'll play a complete game before the season is over.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The end of the game was a thing of beauty when we emptied the bench and played the walk ons and everyone who dressed. The happiness and joy on their faces after so much hard work and for so many of the kids to finally see the field even for one play was special. Pratt and Keon were so happy for Ibieta. And Hall went in and handed off to ammons and it was like I was watching Rudy. Great game boys roll wave