Politically Correct

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:46 am
GreenLantern wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:30 pm Just like those who resisted the civil rights movement in the 60s and 70s, the folks who are struggling against social change and racial justice are on the wrong side of history.
THIS!!!

1000%, THIS !!
glad U have learned about the true democrats...those who stood in the doorways of schools, turned on the fire hoses' and let the Dogs loose..all democrats...all sanctioned by bidens "mentor" and kkk "big man" robert byrd...a Republican President sent the 101st Airborne to Arkansas to give 24 hr per day protection to the families and the children who intergrated the schools..becuase he did not trust the Democrat led Arkansas National Guard to do their sworn duty

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Nut , what is with you .

The world knows that 50's , 60's , and 70's Democrats are now Republicans and 50;s , 60's , and 70's G O P are now Democrats .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:11 am Nut , what is with you .

The world knows that 50's , 60's , and 70's Democrats are now Republicans and 50;s , 60's , and 70's G O P are now Democrats .
Pete...I was informing, educating Green Latern, those who oppsed 60' - 70's racial justice, intergration and endorsed, supported and formed the KKK were Democrats, not Republicans...I was just educating those who were ignorant of the truth
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
McWave
High Tide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:53 am

Pete...I was informing, educating Green Latern, those who oppsed 60' - 70's racial justice, intergration and endorsed, supported and formed the KKK were Democrats, not Republicans...I was just educating those who were ignorant of the truth
I did not realize David Duke grand wizard of the kkk and Louisiana elected state representative was a Democrat Thanks for the education nut. David Vitter another Democrat replaced him the state House.
Dave breslin
Swell

Who gives a poop. Roll Wave
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What in his post deemed him ignorant of the truth? The fact that he didn't mention the role reversal we've witnessed? Well, guess what, 'nut, neither did your post. That fact seems a lot more important in your post than the post of the one you were trying to enlighten.

And if you really give a damn about history, you'll know that when the KKK was formed in the 1850's and 1860's they weren't democrats but they did want to overthrow a Republican government. But that was a century earlier than what you were referring to.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:07 pm

What in his post deemed him ignorant of the truth? The fact that he didn't mention the role reversal we've witnessed? Well, guess what, 'nut, neither did your post. That fact seems a lot more important in your post than the post of the one you were trying to enlighten.

And if you really give a damn about history, you'll know that when the KKK was formed in the 1850's and 1860's they weren't democrats but they did want to overthrow a Republican government. But that was a century earlier than what you were referring to.
the Republican party was founded in 1854, Ripon, WI, with it's major goal of ending slavery...prior to its founding there were two political parties...the Whigs and Democrats, the Democratic party was the majority party in the southern states and owned about 95 percent of all slaves...only about 5 percent of the population, actually owned slaves. The KKK was founded in 1865 by former members of the Confederated Army, in Pulaski, Tn. with a goal of defeating and removing from political office Republican "carpetbaggers" promoting the Democratic party and prohibiting the rights of former slaves. In the 1960's elected DEMOCRATS stood in the doorways of schools, ordered the hoses turned on and the Dogs to be turned loose....please do not tell me what I lived thru and witnessed with my own eyes....this now concludes my input on this subject.....
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:16 pm the Republican party was founded in 1854, Ripon, WI, with it's major goal of ending slavery...prior to its founding there were two political parties...the Whigs and Democrats, the Democratic party was the majority party in the southern states and owned about 95 percent of all slaves...only about 5 percent of the population, actually owned slaves. The KKK was founded in 1865 by former members of the Confederated Army, in Pulaski, Tn. with a goal of defeating and removing from political office Republican "carpetbaggers" promoting the Democratic party and prohibiting the rights of former slaves. In the 1960's elected DEMOCRATS stood in the doorways of schools, ordered the hoses turned on and the Dogs to be turned loose....please do not tell me what I lived thru and witnessed with my own eyes....this now concludes my input on this subject.....
I not only do not disagree with what your post says, I don't think it contradicts a thing my post stated. Your original post, and the one quoted in this one, was aimed at knocking the dems down a bit. Thus you didn't point out the fact that, as we have agreed, the roles have reversed from the 1960's to the 2020's. Republicans, particularly those on the far right, want nothing to do with change. I am not a Democrat, but I side with them in that I accept that change is destined, despite the fact that I hate the way it's coming about. I particularly don't care for some of the "movements" that have sucked in all sorts of extremists and have become corrupted by large donations.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

Political correctness has found the Lone Star State. 'The Eyes Of Texas' will not be played at this week's UT game. Wait, what??

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/21 ... ce=twitter
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:16 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:07 pm

the Republican party was founded in 1854, Ripon, WI, with it's major goal of ending slavery...prior to its founding there were two political parties...the Whigs and Democrats, the Democratic party was the majority party in the southern states and owned about 95 percent of all slaves...only about 5 percent of the population, actually owned slaves. The KKK was founded in 1865 by former members of the Confederated Army, in Pulaski, Tn. with a goal of defeating and removing from political office Republican "carpetbaggers" promoting the Democratic party and prohibiting the rights of former slaves. In the 1960's elected DEMOCRATS stood in the doorways of schools, ordered the hoses turned on and the Dogs to be turned loose....please do not tell me what I lived thru and witnessed with my own eyes....this now concludes my input on this subject.....
So cute when wacky rightist reference history instead of current reality to prove a useless point. Ya, the current republican party is just so inclusive and concerned with equality. Dear god, how do you live with yourself?
Can you at least own reality? No one will change their mind or POV. Just be genuine with our 2020 political situation. Referencing the past climate, where it has no influence on the current, is cheap and frankly an easy way to rationalize reality. Or what? Explain otherwise.
To be clear. How is the current admin and republican party associated with equality? How is the current Dems, racist? Please explain......with examples.
This should be fun.