UCF Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It will be at 1 on ESPN2.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Another large audience ass whipping for the Wave.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Will the team sulk and get their brains beat in? Or will they come out determined to get a good win?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

I really don’t want to watch this game.
gbgreenie
Surge

Houston Wave do you get your rocks off saying things like the Wave are in for another ass kicking. Such a Pathetic and uncalled for comment. Does it make you feel like you are so great. People only make comments like that to make them feel big. Well you are really small, the Wave Nation does not need negativity like that comment. Just shut up if you can't give encouragement. They played their hearts out against a good SMU team. It was not an ass kicking by maybe the best team on their schedule. Give Pratt time to grow, he shows confidence and leadership abilities that will push him into better things moving forward. One thing that does dumbfound me is what is going on with Amari Jones if he was a shadow of his former self the Wave would be doing better. Is he hurt and not showing it. Is he in Hall's doghouse? Splitting him out all the time limits his touches and effectiveness, but I don't know even on kickoff, his ellusiveness is gone. Runs into the pile. Praying he returns to his former self, the Wave need his open field effectiveness back. Roll Wave!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

UCF opens as 17.5 point favorite.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 pm Houston Wave do you get your rocks off saying things like the Wave are in for another ass kicking. Such a Pathetic and uncalled for comment. Does it make you feel like you are so great. People only make comments like that to make them feel big. Well you are really small, the Wave Nation does not need negativity like that comment. Just shut up if you can't give encouragement. They played their hearts out against a good SMU team. It was not an ass kicking by maybe the best team on their schedule. Give Pratt time to grow, he shows confidence and leadership abilities that will push him into better things moving forward. One thing that does dumbfound me is what is going on with Amari Jones if he was a shadow of his former self the Wave would be doing better. Is he hurt and not showing it. Is he in Hall's doghouse? Splitting him out all the time limits his touches and effectiveness, but I don't know even on kickoff, his ellusiveness is gone. Runs into the pile. Praying he returns to his former self, the Wave need his open field effectiveness back. Roll Wave!!!
Another long, rambling and mindless post by gb. I've supported the Wave for almost 50 years--enough to know we have a real long and bad habit of losing important and/or widely watched games. Until we can start winning such games, I'll continue to expect big audience ass whippings. You can daydream all you want, which seems to be your fully time condition. Being a Tulane fan doesn't make anybody big or small, just usually highly frustrated and at times fed up. You are in no position to judge what Wave Nation needs to hear or not hear. Just keep sucking your thumb and cranking out more idiot posts like this one. Whhaaa.
gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:28 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:17 pm Houston Wave do you get your rocks off saying things like the Wave are in for another ass kicking. Such a Pathetic and uncalled for comment. Does it make you feel like you are so great. People only make comments like that to make them feel big. Well you are really small, the Wave Nation does not need negativity like that comment. Just shut up if you can't give encouragement. They played their hearts out against a good SMU team. It was not an ass kicking by maybe the best team on their schedule. Give Pratt time to grow, he shows confidence and leadership abilities that will push him into better things moving forward. One thing that does dumbfound me is what is going on with Amari Jones if he was a shadow of his former self the Wave would be doing better. Is he hurt and not showing it. Is he in Hall's doghouse? Splitting him out all the time limits his touches and effectiveness, but I don't know even on kickoff, his ellusiveness is gone. Runs into the pile. Praying he returns to his former self, the Wave need his open field effectiveness back. Roll Wave!!!
Another long, rambling and mindless post by gb. I've supported the Wave for almost 50 years--enough to know we have a real long and bad habit of losing important and/or widely watched games. Until we can start winning such games, I'll continue to expect big audience ass whippings. You can daydream all you want, which seems to be your fully time condition. Being a Tulane fan doesn't make anybody big or small, just usually highly frustrated and at times fed up. You are in no position to judge what Wave Nation needs to hear or not hear. Just keep sucking your thumb and cranking out more idiot posts like this one. Whhaaa.
Who do you think you are Houston Wave, I go back to the Tommy O'Boyle, Bobby Duhon, Warren Bankston, Lanis Osteen years. I have never in all those years say the Wave are in for an ass kicking. I have to much respect for the student athletes to verbally abuse them as you choose too. Your comment does not only get aimed at the Administration, but student athletes and their parents along with prospective recruits and their parents see your pathetic comment. If you can't say something good keep your mouth shut. Comments in poor taste are heard all over Wave Nation and have a negative impact on the program. I may curse them out in my mind, but that stays there and will never be aimed at the program that includes student athletes.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Tulane is +17.5 to an unranked G5 team for game 6 of its 5th year of Fritz. I never thought I would see those words together.
51WaveBG
High Tide

I watched all of the Memphis/UCF game and I am certain that UCF will cover the spread before the 1st Quarter is over. Our defensive secondary won't be able to cover the UCF receivers and our pass rush won't bother the UCF QB even a little bit. It will be a long afternoon.
Eaglewave
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:14 pm Another large audience ass whipping for the Wave.
We didn’t get our ass whipped vs SMU. We have seen worst beatings around here than what happened vs Houston and Navy as well.
Ball Sumrall!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:16 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:14 pm Another large audience ass whipping for the Wave.
We didn’t get our ass whipped vs SMU. We have seen worst beatings around here than what happened vs Houston and Navy as well.
No doubt Eaaglewave, we have had much worse beatings--all too often.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:02 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:28 pm
Who do you think you are Houston Wave, I go back to the Tommy O'Boyle, Bobby Duhon, Warren Bankston, Lanis Osteen years. I have never in all those years say the Wave are in for an ass kicking. I have to much respect for the student athletes to verbally abuse them as you choose too. Your comment does not only get aimed at the Administration, but student athletes and their parents along with prospective recruits and their parents see your pathetic comment. If you can't say something good keep your mouth shut. Comments in poor taste are heard all over Wave Nation and have a negative impact on the program. I may curse them out in my mind, but that stays there and will never be aimed at the program that includes student athletes.
I'll keep saying what I want gb. There is an easy way to end comments about ass whippings--start performing on the field and winning games. Until then, the ass whipping comments, and other comments, will continue. In the meantime you can wallow in, and be happy with us winning 1 out of our last 8 conference games. Silence is no different than condoning the status quo.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually it's now 1 out of our last 9.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:54 pm Actually it's now 1 out of our last 9.
:-o :-o I didn't want gb to start crying again.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:00 pm Difficult to impossible:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 4965d.html
No surprise the O/U is now 72.5 pts.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:29 pm
Has Tulane ever used the Surfing Pelican on our helmets?