Navy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:11 pm Except it’s not. I posted jaxwaves post on the issue.
What the heck did I do to start WWIII ? Lol

You simply were the first to bring up the issue of Navy not tackling. tps asked for proof . Your post was it. Thanks. :D

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:34 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:11 pm Except it’s not. I posted jaxwaves post on the issue.

You simply were the first to bring up the issue of Navy not tackling. tps asked for proof . Your post was it. Thanks. :D
Quote it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

TPS, this is what I posted having read recap of game.
“ I know it’s an excuse but actually a good reason for Navy’s performance. In the name of safety they did not scrimmage or even hit yet in practice. Not a good way to prepare a football team.”
Based on quote from Navy HC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 pm TPS, this is what I posted having read recap of game.
“ I know it’s an excuse but actually a good reason for Navy’s performance. In the name of safety they did not scrimmage or even hit yet in practice. Not a good way to prepare a football team.”
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I posted it before Jax. After the USA win I made the comment
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:27 pm TPS, this is what I posted having read recap of game.
I posted it also but right after our win over USA on Saturday in the USA GameDay thread. But neither of us posted it in this thread where it now belongs. I didn’t come out and bash you because I posted it already. That’s my beef with winwave.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Quote it.
I did and posted it in the tread it was in. You've been reading the board. Go see it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:29 pm

I posted it before Jax. After the USA win I made the comment
Not.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: ↑Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:43 am
I know it’s an excuse but actually a good reason for Navy’s performance. In the name of safety they did not scrimmage or even hit yet in practice. Not a good way to prepare a football team.

That's his post from 9-8.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 pm Jaxwave wrote: ↑Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:43 am
I know it’s an excuse but actually a good reason for Navy’s performance. In the name of safety they did not scrimmage or even hit yet in practice. Not a good way to prepare a football team.

Thanks. That’s all I wanted from the beginning. You have a way of insulting posters with your verbiage when something has already been posted. I did not see it in our Navy thread.
I’ve seen things posted more than once and it’s ok.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:23 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 pm Jaxwave wrote: ↑Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:43 am

Thanks. That’s all I wanted from the beginning. You have a way of insulting posters with your verbiage when something has already been posted. I did not see it in our Navy thread.
One of the things about posting is you can't confer the tone. I was ribbing you and you went off the deep end. It descended from there. I mean seriously EVERYONE knew about Navy. Everyone. You yourself said that you had left the board for a bit. But even if you weren't on the board it seemed you would know that this was big talk in the sports world. It just really surprised me that you weren't aware that that wasn't news with being the sports fan you are. That's all.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:36 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:23 pm

One of the things about posting is you can't confer the tone. I was ribbing you and you went off the deep end. It descended from there. I mean seriously EVERYONE knew about Navy. Everyone. You yourself said that you had left the board for a bit. But even if you weren't on the board it seemed you would know that this was big talk in the sports world. It just really surprised me that you weren't aware that that wasn't news with being the sports fan you are. That's all.
Ok. Thanks for explaining yourself. I actually did get pissed that’s why I went off on my Athletic post. I think it’s fine to post the paid subscription stuff. Anything goes here just about. I appreciate your honest response.
Roll Wave Beat Navy!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

:cheers:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

Someone mentioned awhile back about the hotel thing. Obviously the school is still using it. You'd think they would have at least found a hotel with a fitness center in it.

Freshman defensive end Angelo Anderson is out until mid-October after having knee surgery a few weeks ago and then being unable to rehabilitate it for 14 days because he was quarantined in a hotel because of contact tracing for coronavirus.
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:36 pm Special gifts:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... fa950.html
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

The view from Navy:
https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/n ... story.html

I think we will “beat the bejesus” out of this Navy team. :D
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Hahahah, fair point Robert and maybe one with an unused ballroom or something where training staff could bring in some basic gear if they need space for rehab.

I hope Angelo Gets better soon and back on the field in mid/late October !
anEngineer
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 pm Hahahah, fair point Robert and maybe one with an unused ballroom or something where training staff could bring in some basic gear if they need space for rehab.

If it's late October, he may become a 4-game redshirt candidate.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:23 pm Hahahah, fair point Robert and maybe one with an unused ballroom or something where training staff could bring in some basic gear if they need space for rehab.

So I know everyone was given an extra year of eligibility. I believe that replaced red shirts this year ? Not 100% on that
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:40 am
anEngineer wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 am

So I know everyone was given an extra year of eligibility. I believe that replaced red shirts this year ? Not 100% on that

Correct Bi. Everyone gets one.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I enjoyed the jersey reveals from last year. I assume they’re not doing it because of covid ? Still seems like it could be done with renderings
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looks good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755
Tsunami

80% chance of rain for 11:00 a.m. tomorrow. ⛈