Navy at Tulane preview

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

Decided to do a preview for this one, Tulane appears to be much better than Navy is this year, hope they prove it on the field

wave97
Swell

A front loaded team of 26 year old mormons & polynesians can pack a punch👍 I thank god we didn't walk into that buzz saw.
Fifth Quarter Tulane
Ripple

Nobody wants to play BYU this year, but Navy also looked atrocious. They’ll obviously be better than that when they come to Yulman but I still like our chances
galvezwave
Swell

It’ll look a lot like the s Bama game early on, but Tulane will take control at some point and cruise late . Hopefully enough to get Pratt or ibieta snaps , but it might not be quite that comfortable. We’re playing some of the nations finest , they will be highly motivated, and they have a great coach .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

galvezwave wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:47 am It’ll look a lot like the s Bama game early on, but Tulane will take control at some point and cruise late . Hopefully enough to get Pratt or ibieta snaps , but it might not be quite that comfortable. We’re playing some of the nations finest , they will be highly motivated, and they have a great coach .
I think we have a better chance at seeing some back up QB’s @ USM
anEngineer
Riptide

Malcolm Perry was what made the Navy offense go the past 3 years. Without him, I expect them to be a shell of what they have been. A lot has been made of the Navy defense against USA and not enough live pre-season tackling, but the USA defensive front totally throttled the Navy running game and our defensive front is better than USA. If Navy gets a few drives that only go 3-5 plays, they are in big trouble, and I would expect to see that Saturday.
galvezwave
Swell

Lets not act like we’ve never seen some dude that can’t hit the side of a barn from 12 feet suddenly become joe Montana against Tulane .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am Malcolm Perry was what made the Navy offense go the past 3 years. Without him, I expect them to be a shell of what they have been. A lot has been made of the Navy defense against USA and not enough live pre-season tackling, but the USA defensive front totally throttled the Navy running game and our defensive front is better than USA. If Navy gets a few drives that only go 3-5 plays, they are in big trouble, and I would expect to see that Saturday.
I think you're confusing our common opponents. Navy hasn't played USA. Navy played BYU, USA played USM in week 1.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
anEngineer wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:54 am Malcolm Perry was what made the Navy offense go the past 3 years. Without him, I expect them to be a shell of what they have been. A lot has been made of the Navy defense against USA and not enough live pre-season tackling, but the USA defensive front totally throttled the Navy running game and our defensive front is better than USA. If Navy gets a few drives that only go 3-5 plays, they are in big trouble, and I would expect to see that Saturday.
I think you're confusing our common opponents. Navy hasn't played USA. Navy played BYU, USA played USM in week 1.
You're right. I did get them confused.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
You're right. I did get them confused.
No worries. This lock down thing followed by a few different quarantines has taken it's toll. Now, w/kids in school (here in CT) every other day, keeping track should be simple, yet my brain seems to be locked down, and I get days confused. Heck some days I think it's Tuesday all day long when it's Wednesday (or worse!)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

At a high level, BYU's COVID 2020 Schedule started with Navy followed by Army and the only other meaningful game was Houston, and, because that is the case and because Navy did not do contact practicing, it would be paramount for Tulane not to put too much stock in the Navy/BYU game since BYU spent the entire off season (to the extent that it had an offseason) preparing for the triple option and Navy didn't -really- practice.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Navy is scrambling looking for a QB with the pre season favorite just deciding to transfer. This is our time for some payback