Navy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
wave97
Swell

This game is going to be epic. Navy was last embarrassed by BYU on national tv.
If we can deploy as much two gap twitch up front as possible, that will deny access from their o-line to our second level. If we line up with a large gap in front of our d-line we will lose.
Didn't Angelo Anderson play at Curtis? Do they still run the veer at Curtis? If so, he may be a good choice to have in the rotation.
.Our offense should put up some points and we should do well if our defense doesn't spot them 24 points in the first half.

HoustonWave
Tsunami

BYU showed just how badly Navy can be shredded by a decent passing game. I really hope Hall gets Keon out of the pocket against Navy. We should be able to beat Navy downfield all day long.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Ruski
Swell

I'm worried. Navy will be pissed. I am really concerned by Howard. We cannot afford to come out asleep against the Midshipmen, they won't give us the 2nd half to come back.

Navy will knock off quite a few good teams in the AAC this year, that shellacking by BYU will not look good.....BYU's best games are Navy, Houston, Army, otherwise all garbage....will be used as a knock against the AAC 😬
Wave QB
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 am BYU showed just how badly Navy can be shredded by a decent passing game. I really hope Hall gets Keon out of the pocket against Navy. We should be able to beat Navy downfield all day long.
We don’t have a decent passing game.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ruski wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:48 am I'm worried. Navy will be pissed. I am really concerned by Howard. We cannot afford to come out asleep against the Midshipmen, they won't give us the 2nd half to come back.

Navy will knock off quite a few good teams in the AAC this year, that shellacking by BYU will not look good.....BYU's best games are Navy, Houston, Army, otherwise all garbage....will be used as a knock against the AAC 😬
We need houston step up and kick BYU’s ass. It’s definitely sub optimal Navy has had two weeks to prepare for us, and they will be fired up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Navy will be looking to atone for that most embarrassing performance. We will play better now that we have a game under our belts. We looked better in the second half. The concern is this impending direct hit hurricane. That could screw up our practice schedule. We don't need that. Hopefully something changes with the forecast.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:06 am
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 am BYU showed just how badly Navy can be shredded by a decent passing game. I really hope Hall gets Keon out of the pocket against Navy. We should be able to beat Navy downfield all day long.
We don’t have a decent passing game.
Not with Keon sitting in the pocket. I'm still hopeful he can pass reasonably well while on the run. It would also help if he quits throwing burners every pass, and puts a little touch on it depending on the situation.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Howard did start bad. He got better. He was also hurt by several drops. Plus his best pass was wiped out by us calling a timeout from the sideline. It was his first meaningful game action in three seasons. He is also working with a new receiving corps. They didn't get 2/3 of their spring work in and the summer work was affected too. He improved in the second half and I expect him to show more improvement as we move forward. If he's still playing like he did in the first half of this game then we need to panic. Not now though.

It was good to see Jackson and Brown play at WR. Both have been nicked up in camp and missed a good bit of time. Brown has battled knee injuries his whole time here. There is talent at the position but little experience at this level. They should show marked improvement. The drops are a continuing problem. If that continues and they don't show improvement it's time for a new WR coach.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:26 am Howard did start bad. He got better. He was also hurt by several drops. Plus his best pass was wiped out by us calling a timeout from the sideline. It was his first meaningful game action in three seasons. He is also working with a new receiving corps. They didn't get 2/3 of their spring work in and the summer work was affected too. He improved in the second half and I expect him to show more improvement as we move forward. If he's still playing like he did in the first half of this game then we need to panic. Not now though.

It was good to see Jackson and Brown play at WR. Both have been nicked up in camp and missed a good bit of time. Brown has battled knee injuries his whole time here. There is talent at the position but little experience at this level. They should show marked improvement. The drops are a continuing problem. If that continues and they don't show improvement it's time for a new WR coach.
There were a number of drops. It was humid and the players were sweating like a pregnant nun. All contributing to dropsy and Howard’s misfire on that early pass play.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Navy coaches decided not to let the team have any physical contact prior to the BYU game as a virus precaution. All their practices leading up to their opener they had no tackling. After the BYU blowout the coach mentioned that during the post game press conference. So that was a big reason why his team did so poorly on defense. I would expect them to come in ready to play. We’ll get their best.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's been well publicized. Hopson made similar comments after USM's loss to USA.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:01 pm That's been well publicized. Hopson made similar comments after USM's loss to USA.
And?
I’m posting it now for the benefit of others.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Did Angelo see the the field at all against USA ? Some slight concern about him not appearing on the 2 deep anywhere or any mentions from the coach’s recently.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:11 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:01 pm That's been well publicized. Hopson made similar comments after USM's loss to USA.
And?
Well while you were gone that's been written here by many.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:17 pm Did Angelo see the the field at all against USA ? Some slight concern about him not appearing on the 2 deep anywhere or any mentions from the coach’s recently.
No. Injury related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:11 pm
And?
Well while you were gone that's been written here by many.
Please provide a quote link.
Thanks.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's ben brought up in several places. You're a mod find them. This is really a joke. This is news to no one that follows sports.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 am It's ben brought up in several places. You're a mod find them. This is really a joke. This is news to no one that follows sports.
Thanks. Exactly what I expected you’d post no proof.
Obviously your upset I’m a mod and your not. Get over it.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 am
winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 am It's ben brought up in several places. You're a mod find them. This is really a joke. This is news to no one that follows sports.
You're really embarrassing yourself here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:25 am
tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 am
You're really embarrassing yourself here.
Nothing embarrassing pointing out the truth.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Except it’s not. I posted jaxwaves post on the issue.
Jaxwave
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:11 pm Except it’s not. I posted jaxwaves post on the issue.
What the heck did I do to start WWIII ? Lol
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:11 pm Except it’s not. I posted jaxwaves post on the issue.
What the heck did I do to start WWIII ? Lol
:lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Unlike him and the program. This is probably a good signal that things aren’t heading in the right direction if the coach ( a very good disciplined one at that) has his frustration boiling over.