Fritz contract

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
anEngineer
Riptide

It is being reported that Coach Fritz just signed new contract through 2026.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I found it on 247. No terms disclosed. Just that it extends him through 2026.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Peter Thamel reports:

Great to hear. Let’s protect him and the staff. Now let’s go beat Navy
1989alum
Low Tide

I guess that is a good thing. Saturday night was awful for a team supposedly moving to the next level. Hopefully it was just first game, crazy world jitters. QB needs help!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
Surge

1989alum wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:59 am I guess that is a good thing. Saturday night was awful for a team supposedly moving to the next level. Hopefully it was just first game, crazy world jitters. QB needs help!
Happy for Fritz! Still say that the Jags will be very good this year. No shame on the 1st half struggles.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah, I think it was obvious that the 1st half was crazy rust and jitters (Howard also hadn’t started in 3 years). We have seen it with multiple good teams and programs that came out jittery this year (looking at you Navy).
nawlinspete
Riptide

Good to see posters in addition to the usual 30 or so . Stay at it .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave755
Tsunami

1989alum wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:59 am I guess that is a good thing. Saturday night was awful for a team supposedly moving to the next level. Hopefully it was just first game, crazy world jitters. QB needs help!
For the second half our D-line totally dominated Sunbelt USA’s O-line limiting the Jaguars to 13 yards rushing. And, we overcame on the road an 18 pt. deficit for a win.

We have now come a long way from the days of CJ & “Buffet” Bob Toledo. :wave:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's through 2027:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... d2a19.html

Sample is the Defensive Player of the Week in the AAC. Spears is on the AAC Honor Roll.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
1989alum
Low Tide

True Dat Wave 755. Tulane teams of the past would have never come back.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I wonder if part of not announcing the $$$$ is to avoid potentially setting off administrators, parents and students who believe the money should be used differently. We’re probably getting pretty close to $2m a year. The last figure I believe I saw was fritz being paid $1.67m per year.m (USA Today for 2019). That puts us 8th in the aac, would like to see us always be in atleast the top half (if not top4).
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:27 pm I wonder if part of not announcing the $$$$ is to avoid potentially setting off administrators, parents and students who believe the money should be used differently. We’re probably getting pretty close to $2m a year. The last figure I believe I saw was fritz being paid $1.67m per year.m (USA Today for 2019). That puts us 8th in the aac, would like to see us always be in atleast the top half (if not top4).
Tulane never makes public the salary of its head coach. And, I recall from my days at Tulane faculty are the ones who generally raise Hell over what coaches are paid? And, in order to truly learn the salary of Tulane’s head football coach one generally has to look to the University’s IRS Form 990 filing.
IM42lane
Swell

There is absolutely nothing that is awful about Tulane University WINNING a FOOTBALL game. ROLL WAVE!!!!

I will take an ugly win anytime .... ANYTIME, period.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:00 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:27 pm I wonder if part of not announcing the $$$$ is to avoid potentially setting off administrators, parents and students who believe the money should be used differently. We’re probably getting pretty close to $2m a year. The last figure I believe I saw was fritz being paid $1.67m per year.m (USA Today for 2019). That puts us 8th in the aac, would like to see us always be in atleast the top half (if not top4).
Tulane never makes public the salary of its head coach. And, I recall from my days at Tulane faculty are the ones who generally raise Hell over what coaches are paid? And, in order to truly learn the salary of Tulane’s head football coach one generally has to look to the University’s IRS Form 990 filing.
Salary only. Potential incentives are another thing. That would not be available on the 990. One sure way is get the info directly from one of the parties involved. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:44 am Q&A with TD:

https://theathletic.com/2065988/2020/09 ... ecautions/
Why post a link that requires subscription? People with a subscription have already read it and people without a subscription can’t read it. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:08 am

Why post a link that requires subscription? People with a subscription have already read it and people without a subscription can’t read it. :mrgreen:
Those with subscriptions often miss these because they don't write about us much.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 am

Those with subscriptions often miss these because they don't write about us much.
I doubt it. It comes in your email if you set the email delivery to follow Tulane in their subscription. It also comes over in Twitter and Facebook now. And perhaps others. Everyone with a subscription knows that but maybe you who missed the bus leaving this past weekend.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I don’t get Tulane athletic updates via email despite having them as the team I follow on the athletic. Thus i assume it wasn’t a default setting when I chose Tulane on the athletic.

Also it may not be the worst thing to show the athletic is pumping out content for us (they have actually been pumping out DAILY content this week).

My two cents, but I can understand folks without a sub may find it annoying
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:45 am I don’t get Tulane athletic updates via email despite having them as the team I follow on the athletic. Thus i assume it wasn’t a default setting when I chose Tulane on the athletic.

Also it may not be the worst thing to show the athletic is pumping out content for us (they have actually been pumping out DAILY content this week).

In your App go to settings and check off the box in email preference settings I have selected. You’ll never miss a Tulane story. I never open the App. It’s pushed to my email whenever Tulane is mentioned in their stories.

If you’re not a subscriber I highly recommend you stay that way. I plan on not renewing my subscription. It’s great if you follow LSU, The Saints and Pelicans. But if your mostly looking for Tulane coverage you‘ll be disappointed.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Thanks for info about app notifications. They’ve been pushing out a large amount of content since the season started (aka one week).
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:39 am Thanks for info about app notifications. They’ve been pushing out a large amount of content since the season started (aka one week).
No problem. If they want to build their subscriptions they need at least a couple a week on Tulane. That’s not asking for much.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:53 am
winwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:26 am

I doubt it. It comes in your email if you set the email delivery to follow Tulane in their subscription. It also comes over in Twitter and Facebook now. And perhaps others. Everyone with a subscription knows that but maybe you who missed the bus leaving this past weekend.
So bitter when you’ve once again been proven wrong. Many have commented after they were posted by me after not noticing them before .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:45 am I don’t get Tulane athletic updates via email despite having them as the team I follow on the athletic. Thus i assume it wasn’t a default setting when I chose Tulane on the athletic.

Like I said. Thanks.