2020 College Football Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Kansas would be a one to go to and beat them since they like to come here and recruit.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's a nice dream, but I don't see very high probability of it happening. Why would a Big 12 school not go with one of their previously scheduled (and contracted) non-conference foes? Surely most, if not all, have an FCS tune up game, and a G5 or long term rivalry that they'll choose from.

Put it another way: If you're in the SunBelt you're keeping your fingers crossed an AAC team would give you a game that's not scheduled currently. What's the chances of that happening? Particularly to the 5th or 6th best team in the SunBelt.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:11 pm Kansas would be a one to go to and beat them since they like to come here and recruit.
Yes, Kansas has been poaching Louisiana and the Greater New Orleans area. But Memphis seems to absolutely mine gold in the state of Louisiana. We play them every year. They have locally raised talent that seems to play their best against us every year. Time to start beating them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

UCONN won't play football this year. Yawn.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:03 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:11 pm Kansas would be a one to go to and beat them since they like to come here and recruit.
Yes, Kansas has been poaching Louisiana and the Greater New Orleans area. But Memphis seems to absolutely mine gold in the state of Louisiana. We play them every year. They have locally raised talent that seems to play their best against us every year. Time to start beating them.
The University of texas@Austin is looking for a win to help save pee wee's job...maybe they are an option
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut, why do you hate Tom Herman so much? I know he's in the same conference as your beloved Texas Tech, and hasn't been as successful as he was at Houston. But I think he's a very good coach, and if fired at UT will be a head coach at another P5 within 24 months, if not immediately. He'd probably take a year off and collect that UT money. but again, I think he's a very good coach, better than what Houston has now, that's for sure.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:52 am UCONN won't play football this year. Yawn.
Scott Cowen on their board now. :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 am
winwave wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:52 am UCONN won't play football this year. Yawn.
Scott Cowen on their board now. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

UConn not playing this year could be the death knoll for UConn football. Robert Kraft should pay for the cost of the stadium, but he's too busy at massage parlors in strip malls.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:31 am golfnut, why do you hate Tom Herman so much? I know he's in the same conference as your beloved Texas Tech, and hasn't been as successful as he was at Houston. But I think he's a very good coach, and if fired at UT will be a head coach at another P5 within 24 months, if not immediately. He'd probably take a year off and collect that UT money. but again, I think he's a very good coach, better than what Houston has now, that's for sure.
not my beloved Tx Tech, my Wife's.... I just don't like the guy, there is an odor about him..as far as his coaching ability, I think it far from proven, its not who he beats, it is who he loses to...he has a supposed superstar QB, what a joke his record is slightly above 500 at 17-13 as a starter...ole pee wee in 2015 lost to UConn....in 2016 he lost to Navy, San Diego St, SMU, Memphis, but he did beat Tx State and Lamar
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:31 am golfnut, why do you hate Tom Herman so much? I know he's in the same conference as your beloved Texas Tech, and hasn't been as successful as he was at Houston. But I think he's a very good coach, and if fired at UT will be a head coach at another P5 within 24 months, if not immediately. He'd probably take a year off and collect that UT money. but again, I think he's a very good coach, better than what Houston has now, that's for sure.
I don’t think he’s very good. He had one really good year at UH and hasn’t done much since in a weak B12 with a program like Texas. He’s proven to be overrated to be honest. He might get a weak P5 job, but a prestigious P5 school won’t hire him. Not even Notre Dame.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Navy V Notre Dame . . . Cancelled. Wow. Shocking they went with western Michigan at home instead of figuring out something with Navy. I hope alums of both schools are furious. This isn’t about covid, this is some ridiculous and ham fisted rule and about acc states being magically safer then non acc states. Also how could they not Just play @ Notre Dame or neutral ground in a stadium in the magical acc land ?

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/n ... story.html
MicMan
Swell

UConn is just the first, brace for at least one other G5 school to cancel their football season.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It’s impressive there has been a national narrative of Uconn being brave (paraphrasing) and putting students interests and health first by cancelling the season.

Yeah, not at all- They stink and have no one to play and lose massive $$$ from playing football.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:32 pm It’s impressive there has been a national narrative of Uconn being brave (paraphrasing) and putting students interests and health first by cancelling the season.

Yeah, not at all- They stink and have no one to play and lose massive $$$ from playing football.
This. Typical of the media to jump one one sad program and project that the dominoes will now fall and end the season.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:56 am Navy V Notre Dame . . . Cancelled. Wow. Shocking they went with western Michigan at home instead of figuring out something with Navy. I hope alums of both schools are furious. This isn’t about covid, this is some ridiculous and ham fisted rule and about acc states being magically safer then non acc states. Also how could they not Just play @ Notre Dame or neutral ground in a stadium in the magical acc land ?

This is really stupid. Ending the consecutive game streak that is the Navy series has ND bending over for the ACC. Notre Dame is in Indiana. They're playing a team from Michigan. How would it have been any different had they played a team from, say, Maryland?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:50 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:32 pm It’s impressive there has been a national narrative of Uconn being brave (paraphrasing) and putting students interests and health first by cancelling the season.

This. Typical of the media to jump one one sad program and project that the dominoes will now fall and end the season.
I agree that the media taking this as a courageous move is ridiculous. It was a money saving move, and one that was necessitated by Connecticut's quarantining for 14 days anyone that enters from almost every state not in New England (though RI is on the list of quarantine visitors!) UConn had very limited options unless this quarantine rule, which is somewhat enforced (and would be for a high profile event) is rescinded. And to think that others will fall in line behind UConn? That's a spin that came out of the UConn Sports Information Offices, I'm sure. Randy Edsall got emotional at the press conference when saying it's about the health and well being of the players. He should be emotional about the fact that UConn may have played it's last FBS football game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:22 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:56 am Navy V Notre Dame . . . Cancelled. Wow. Shocking they went with western Michigan at home instead of figuring out something with Navy. I hope alums of both schools are furious. This isn’t about covid, this is some ridiculous and ham fisted rule and about acc states being magically safer then non acc states. Also how could they not Just play @ Notre Dame or neutral ground in a stadium in the magical acc land ?

This is really stupid. Ending the consecutive game streak that is the Navy series has ND bending over for the ACC. Notre Dame is in Indiana. They're playing a team from Michigan. How would it have been any different had they played a team from, say, Maryland?
Navy didn't want to move the game to ND. They have picked up a home game with BYU. The ND-Navy series also got continued 6 years today. No bad blood at all over this. Everyone hates to see a streak end but they understand we are not in normal times .Nd isn't bending over at all. They did what they had to do to get a representative schedule. With all the other P5's scheduling rules for the season they had to join. Not only did they put themselves in good position for a Natty they will now make more money this year.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:40 pm

I agree that the media taking this as a courageous move is ridiculous. It was a money saving move, and one that was necessitated by Connecticut's quarantining for 14 days anyone that enters from almost every state not in New England (though RI is on the list of quarantine visitors!) UConn had very limited options unless this quarantine rule, which is somewhat enforced (and would be for a high profile event) is rescinded. And to think that others will fall in line behind UConn? That's a spin that came out of the UConn Sports Information Offices, I'm sure. Randy Edsall got emotional at the press conference when saying it's about the health and well being of the players. He should be emotional about the fact that UConn may have played it's last FBS football game.
Personally, I think all the states that are on the quarantine lists of states like CT and NJ and NY, should reciprocate and make quarantine lists for their residents. I mean, its already known that the original outbreak of Covid in Louisiana came from NY. At one point in May, they were saying 100% of the original cases traced back to NY.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/us/n ... break.html
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:48 pm Personally, I think all the states that are on the quarantine lists of states like CT and NJ and NY, should reciprocate and make quarantine lists for their residents. I mean, its already known that the original outbreak of Covid in Louisiana came from NY. At one point in May, they were saying 100% of the original cases traced back to NY.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/us/n ... break.html
We're 3-4 months ahead of the country. That's why we're so caught up in trying to keep the virus out. And I don't care about the NY Times article. The Covid that we experienced in greater NYC region came from Italy, and was much more contagious than the two other strains, Chicago and Washington. The fact that there are three distinct strains, with different contagious rates tells a logical person that not all of it came from NYC, nor was NYC the first place in the country to have the virus, making it impossible to support such a claim.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Its DNA tracing of the virus that identified it as coming from NY. Its not impossible to make that claim. The information is in the article, if you'd read it. I know the virus in NY came from Europe. And the virus in Louisiana came from NY. If you choose not to believe factual data, that's your business.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

And you're not 3-4 months ahead of the rest of the country. Ahead of SOME PARTS? Yes. Not the ENTIRE country. Louisiana was one of the earlier states to have it. You're not 3-4 months ahead of us.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:31 am And you're not 3-4 months ahead of the rest of the country. Ahead of SOME PARTS? Yes. Not the ENTIRE country. Louisiana was one of the earlier states to have it. You're not 3-4 months ahead of us.
can't be NOLA without Mardi Gras.....
greenie78
Riptide

New York was the second epicenter. Started in Seattle first which most likely came from “Chynah”. NOLA wasn’t far behind from NY which definitely got the more virulent form from Europe.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Exactly. Find the negative where ever possible. Who cares what UConn does. The only reason to pay any attention to UConn is to keep track of the damage Cowen can do there.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana