Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 pm The Doctors lawsuit vs the FDA continues against interference on life saving hydroxychloroquine
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 69576.html
We had this argument when you or someone else posted the same link to the same article two months ago when it came out. The AAPS is a splinter group that represents a very, very, very small portion of licensed doctors and surgeons. It's two months later, how'd that lawsuit work out?

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:40 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:22 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:56 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:05 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:48 pm I’ll believe the patients and clinical physicians, as opposed to the medical academics.
And what if, just what if, and think about this before you answer, if those clinical physicians are also medical academics especially all of those at University hospitals who train the clinical physicians, will you believe them? Regardless, just like MBA stated this thread is extremely disappointing. A ton of people in here deserve a refund from TU as they clearly didn't learn anything while in school.
If they serve and treat patients then they have far more credibility, even if they also pursue clinical research at university hospitals, than those whose noses never come up out of a book, or who spend their career playing bureaucratic games. As far as those on this board who didn't learn at Tulane--you'll have a great disparity of opinion as to who exactly failed to learn. The one kind of diversity that the Left hate--diversity of thought.
There's no diversity of thought when science has proven certain things like how wearing masks cut down the spread of carona, but somehow we're acting like this is debatable.
While I wear a mask constantly, there is diversity in thought regarding masks--led by our own Dr. Fauci who has flipped flopped on that very issue. And as far as the Dem's "believe the scientist"--what a crock that is. Science inherently deals with topics of uncertainty, where there is usually various views and beliefs. Science doesn't have a role in whether the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, as there is no diversity of thought about that topic. But any topic that involves science, by definition has disagreements of views and thoughts. Hence the Dems warped view that science offers absolute answers--it rarely does. If there isn't disagreement on a topic, then there probably isn't much science involved. Science only concerns itself with matters of disagreement and the unknown, and therefore science rarely concerns itself with absolutes--like Pelosi tries to suggest---listening to her babble on about science is hysterical.
I certainly applaud you for wearing a mask unlike some people on here. A subject is scientifically controversial when actively debated by legions of scientists, not when actively debated by the public, the press, or by politicians. I wonder why you can't find any scientific peer reviewed paper that supports the premise that face masks don't curb the carona spread, however you can point to voluminous academically peer reviewed papers that support the opposite. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's not true, as the evidence backing it begs the differ. I can literally point to countries with loads of evidence on how face masks work, but somehow here we are again, debating the validity of whether masks work. Cognitive dissonance is real and it has clearly checked your common sense at the door if you think this subject is even remotely debatable.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Glenn Beck’s entire family went on HCQ after getting Covid. One of the Dr’s promoting its use yesterday was his guest.
https://vm.tiktok.com/J2yPjjT/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Citing a conservative talking head with his own failed presidential bid and not spelling his name correctly = I must be right, dammit! LOL
GreenLantern
Riptide

Let's see:
  • Hydroxychloroquine works
  • Face masks don't
  • Having sex in your dreams with demons and witches causes cysts
  • Alien DNA is used in medical treatments
  • A vaccine is being developed to prevent people from being religious
  • The government is run in part by 'reptilians' and other aliens
Take off your masks and enjoy the treat favored by White House staff:

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:48 am Let's see:
  • Hydroxychloroquine works
  • Face masks don't
  • Having sex in your dreams with demons and witches causes cysts
  • Alien DNA is used in medical treatments
  • A vaccine is being developed to prevent people from being religious
  • The government is run in part by 'reptilians' and other aliens
Take off your masks and enjoy the treat favored by White House staff:

Dr.’s prescribing HCQ because it works. Nothing more. There’s zero profit in it for big Pharma is my guess as to why the pushback.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

But conspiracy theories say the guy that lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is profiting from it. Hey, the GOP has it's propaganda machine, so do the Dems.

That box of Oreos is an instant classic. I didn't find the Surgeon General's warning about heart attacks and other cardiovascular related side affects.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:48 am But conspiracy theories say the guy that lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is profiting from it. Hey, the GOP has it's propaganda machine, so do the Dems.

That box of Oreos is an instant classic. I didn't find the Surgeon General's warning about heart attacks and other cardiovascular related side affects.
Yes that was thrown out there but was immediately debunked.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:05 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:48 pm I’ll believe the patients and clinical physicians, as opposed to the medical academics.
And what if, just what if, and think about this before you answer, if those clinical physicians are also medical academics especially all of those at University hospitals who train the clinical physicians, will you believe them? Regardless, just like MBA stated this thread is extremely disappointing. A ton of people in here deserve a refund from TU as they clearly didn't learn anything while in school.
If they serve and treat patients then they have far more credibility, even if they also pursue clinical research at university hospitals, than those whose noses never come up out of a book, or who spend their career playing bureaucratic games. As far as those on this board who didn't learn at Tulane--you'll have a great disparity of opinion as to who exactly failed to learn. The one kind of diversity that the Left hate--diversity of thought.
There's no diversity of thought when science has proven certain things like how wearing masks cut down the spread of carona, but somehow we're acting like this is debatable.
While I wear a mask constantly, there is diversity in thought regarding masks--led by our own Dr. Fauci who has flipped flopped on that very issue. And as far as the Dem's "believe the scientist"--what a crock that is. Science inherently deals with topics of uncertainty, where there is usually various views and beliefs. Science doesn't have a role in whether the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, as there is no diversity of thought about that topic. But any topic that involves science, by definition has disagreements of views and thoughts. Hence the Dems warped view that science offers absolute answers--it rarely does. If there isn't disagreement on a topic, then there probably isn't much science involved. Science only concerns itself with matters of disagreement and the unknown, and therefore science rarely concerns itself with absolutes--like Pelosi tries to suggest---listening to her babble on about science is hysterical.
I certainly applaud you for wearing a mask unlike some people on here. A subject is scientifically controversial when actively debated by legions of scientists, not when actively debated by the public, the press, or by politicians. I wonder why you can't find any scientific peer reviewed paper that supports the premise that face masks don't curb the carona spread, however you can point to voluminous academically peer reviewed papers that support the opposite. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it's not true, as the evidence backing it begs the differ. I can literally point to countries with loads of evidence on how face masks work, but somehow here we are again, debating the validity of whether masks work. Cognitive dissonance is real and it has clearly checked your common sense at the door if you think this subject is even remotely debatable.
I haven't found scientific journals supporting or disavowing the use of masks because I haven't looked for one. As I have said, I don't put much stock in "scientific" journals which are often skewed for a variety of reasons. As far as my own views, not withstanding your on-going misinterpretations, I do believe masks help--that's why I wear them. That said, there is clearly disagreement throughout society, and the "scientific" academic journals will never be the referee in such a discussion--over the years, the scientific community, that love to get on the soap box, have largely lost their credibility. The scientific researchers that actually do the heavy lifting don't get into the public fray and are not bedazzled by the bright media lights. I could care even less what "scientist" from other countries say--I'll let the clinical physicians who treat patients make those assessments. You continue to be mesmerized and starry-eyed by the "scientists"--just like Pelosi and Schumer want you to.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:46 am
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:05 pm
I haven't found scientific journals supporting or disavowing the use of masks because I haven't looked for one. As I have said, I don't put much stock in "scientific" journals which are often skewed for a variety of reasons. As far as my own views, not withstanding your on-going misinterpretations, I do believe masks help--that's why I wear them. That said, there is clearly disagreement throughout society, and the "scientific" academic journals will never be the referee in such a discussion--over the years, the scientific community, that love to get on the soap box, have largely lost their credibility. The scientific researchers that actually do the heavy lifting don't get into the public fray and are not bedazzled by the bright media lights. I could care even less what "scientist" from other countries say--I'll let the clinical physicians who treat patients make those assessments. You continue to be mesmerized and starry-eyed by the "scientists"--just like Pelosi and Schumer want you to.
Wow, just wow. Your last few sentences are beyond comprehension and saving at this point. I will just leave it at that.
MicMan
Swell

As always, big LOL from the very stable board jeniuses!
ajcalhoun
Swell

Can y'all please not quote the half the thread when replying? Try cutting everything but the sentence or two that you responding to.

Thanks in advance.
God Bless Everyone!
Show Me
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 pm As always, big LOL from the very stable board jeniuses!
Hey LSU fanboy go put on your goggles as your told by your boy Fauci. :shock: :shock: :shock:
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:38 pm Can y'all please not quote the half the thread when replying? Try cutting everything but the sentence or two that you responding to.

Thanks in advance.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Show Me
Tsunami

Hydroxychloroquine ban reversed in Ohio.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 547751002/
MicMan
Swell

Show Me wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:24 pm
MicMan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 pm As always, big LOL from the very stable board jeniuses!
Hey LSU fanboy go put on your goggles as your told by your boy Fauci. :shock: :shock: :shock:
"You're told,". Not "your". Try to remember your first grade grammar.
RobertM320
Green Wave

The problem with all these "failed trials" of HCQ is that they're purposely using ONLY HCQ, and giving it to hospitalized patients. All the people having success with it are using it WITH Z-pak and Zinc, and using it in early treatment. Those failed trials are purposely set up to fail, so as to push the vaccine and/or a patented drug like Remdesivir. This particular doctor got his degree from Columbia university, so he's not just some hack from another country.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The Peanut Gallery stirs to life again.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:27 am
Show Me wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:24 pm
"You're told,". Not "your". Try to remember your first grade grammar.
He was trying to communicate with you.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am The problem with all these "failed trials" of HCQ is that they're purposely using ONLY HCQ, and giving it to hospitalized patients. All the people having success with it are using it WITH Z-pak and Zinc, and using it in early treatment. Those failed trials are purposely set up to fail, so as to push the vaccine and/or a patented drug like Remdesivir. This particular doctor got his degree from Columbia university, so he's not just some hack from another country.

These medical bureaucrats live by their "randomized controlled trials"--never mind that practicing physicians are saving peoples lives with HCQ.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:48 am The problem with all these "failed trials" of HCQ is that they're purposely using ONLY HCQ, and giving it to hospitalized patients. All the people having success with it are using it WITH Z-pak and Zinc, and using it in early treatment. Those failed trials are purposely set up to fail, so as to push the vaccine and/or a patented drug like Remdesivir. This particular doctor got his degree from Columbia university, so he's not just some hack from another country.

It's funny you cite a doctor who's "academic paper" is a google doc and his partner Gregory Rigano is a fraud and a half claiming to be associated with Stanford. You're being fooled by modern day snakeoil salesmen. By the way, both James and Gregory have some scammy-crypto they can sell you.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chloroqu ... b77946c3b3
greenie78
Riptide

Ok Dr. Robert. You do realize that typically talking HcQ and Z-Pak is contraindicated because it can increase the QT interval and increasing the risk for heart arrhythmia. Also Dr Robert, they’ve had much more success using a cheap drug like Dexamethasone in critically ill patients. Most people not in the hospital don’t need any treatments for the COVID.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And greenie78, you'll notice I said its recommended NOT to use it on critically ill patients. But there's a difference between hospitalized and critically ill. And you are correct, most people not in the hospital don't need treatments. But what about those that do? Should we just ignore something that may work for a certain segment of the population, just because we feel "Orange Man Bad". I mean, come on, people, wake up. Since when did we get to the point where we're not willing to TRY and save people's lives? There's enough evidence from enough doctors worldwide that show HCQ can be helpful. To ignore that just because you hate Trump is willful ignorance, and its causing people to die.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
MicMan
Swell

The Cultists here will find a way to discredit this. LOL

Show Me
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm The Cultists here will find a way to discredit this. LOL

Lol. Discredited for you
https://khn.org/morning-breakout/study- ... loroquine/