Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
MicMan
Swell

Hard to imagine a sentient being even suggesting injecting disinfectant but this is the same guy who wanted to nuke hurricanes, looked at an eclipse, and thinks windmills cause cancer. I could go on...

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:54 pm Hard to imagine a sentient being even suggesting injecting disinfectant but this is the same guy who wanted to nuke hurricanes, looked at an eclipse, and thinks windmills cause cancer. I could go on...
That's the thing: Trump never made that suggestion. Never.

He ASKED A QUESTION of his medical experts: Does knowing the quickest way to kill the virus is with disinfectant help the possibility to develop treatment armed with that knowledge? He never said anything close to suggesting people ingest or inject disinfectant. And yes, the question should have been asked offline.

The media also went off on his questioning in the same manner about ultraviolet treatment. That didn't last long once it was pointed out that there's approved UV treatment protocols for things such as mood disorders; skin disorders (such as psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo, and acne;) sleep disorders; wound healing; and photodynamic therapy (PDT).
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 pm
MicMan wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:54 pm Hard to imagine a sentient being even suggesting injecting disinfectant but this is the same guy who wanted to nuke hurricanes, looked at an eclipse, and thinks windmills cause cancer. I could go on...

He ASKED A QUESTION of his medical experts: Does knowing the quickest way to kill the virus is with disinfectant help the possibility to develop treatment armed with that knowledge? He never said anything close to suggesting people ingest or inject disinfectant. And yes, the question should have been asked offline.

The media also went off on his questioning in the same manner about ultraviolet treatment. That didn't last long once it was pointed out that there's approved UV treatment protocols for things such as mood disorders; skin disorders (such as psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo, and acne;) sleep disorders; wound healing; and photodynamic therapy (PDT).
Here is the quote to be clear so folks can make up their own mind. Which frankly we are wasting our time. No one is changing. This board is as disgustingly divided as the rest if the nation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... a-52407177

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light," the president said, turning to Dr Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response co-ordinator, "and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too. Sounds interesting," the president continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."
MicMan
Swell

Light Inside the body. As is done with some dementia brain Treatments. (No names)
GreenLantern
Riptide

Actually, her plan is better than anything that has come out of Washington. In her innocence, this child believes this will happen.
McWave
High Tide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:17 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 pm

Here is the quote to be clear so folks can make up their own mind. Which frankly we are wasting our time. No one is changing. This board is as disgustingly divided as the rest if the nation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... a-52407177

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous - whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light," the president said, turning to Dr Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response co-ordinator, "and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it.

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too. Sounds interesting," the president continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

"So it'd be interesting to check that."

Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."
MBA thanks for the transcript.
CT: read the transcript or watch the video (it’s on you tube). He says “inject inside”, referring to “disinfectant” which “knocks it out in a minute”. What kind of disinfectant knocks it out in a minute which is not lethal to humans is he referring? please let me know so I can but the stock. Plus his press people said he was joking with a reporter when asked to clarify the disinfectant comment.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:02 pm

Actually, her plan is better than anything that has come out of Washington. In her innocence, this child believes this will happen.
When it does China going to release the next one.
McWave
High Tide

Here’s a few disinfectants provided by the Mayo Clinic.

What disinfectants kill coronavirus on surfaces?

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has a list of disinfectants for use against the virus that causes COVID-19. Although these products haven't been tested against this specific virus, they're known to work against other, harder-to-kill viruses.

Look for products with active ingredients such as ethanol, hydrogen peroxide or quaternary ammonium. In the U.S., check labels for EPA registration numbers.

None appear edible or injectable. The Mayo Clinic did not offer an injectable disinfectant option. I guess I will just wait.
swampnik
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:32 pm
McWave wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:59 pm I still can’t figure out why Trump will endorse hydroxichloroquine (a prescription drug) and drinking “disinfectant” as a “China Flu” prophylactic but will not wear nor recommend wearing a face covering. He says, “what harm can it do (taking hydroxy)”. What harm can wearing s mask do? Face covering seems less invasive. He wants to get back to normal, yet he promotes actions which inhibit wellness. His pride is own worst opponent.
s
"His pride is own worst opponent." Ain't that ever the truth--and it may well prove to be his undoing.
Trump's daily dose of hydroxichloroquine is perhaps "too" far off the mark if you buy into the findings of Dr. Didier Raoult in Marseilles, France. (though Raoult's protocol is for patients already hospitalized in the beginning stages only of any treatment).
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
greenie78
Riptide

Dexamethasone seems to be working better and it’s cheap
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I use two disinfectants per day..I use peroxide as a mouthwash and I drink i/2 cup of lemon juice each day, nothing added, pure lemon juice...I began using the lemon uice to help my body recover from drinking alcohol...my Doc's cannot believe the blood test results for my Heart. Liver, cholesterol levels (low bad, high good), kidney function and total blood circulation of which I have two test done annually, an angio gram and a doppler-ultrasound ...they tell me the blood flow is of someone in the 40's, not 70's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:07 pm I use two disinfectants per day..I use peroxide as a mouthwash and I drink i/2 cup of lemon juice each day, nothing added, pure lemon juice...I began using the lemon uice to help my body recover from drinking alcohol...my Doc's cannot believe the blood test results for my Heart. Liver, cholesterol levels (low bad, high good), kidney function and total blood circulation of which I have two test done annually, an angio gram and a doppler-ultrasound ...they tell me the blood flow is of someone in the 40's, not 70's
Have you tried drinking a shot of apple cider vinegar in the morning? I've been doing that and my BP has actually been a bit lower. Not sure if it's quack science, it sure tastes like something awful, but it seems to be working for me.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:38 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:07 pm I use two disinfectants per day..I use peroxide as a mouthwash and I drink i/2 cup of lemon juice each day, nothing added, pure lemon juice...I began using the lemon uice to help my body recover from drinking alcohol...my Doc's cannot believe the blood test results for my Heart. Liver, cholesterol levels (low bad, high good), kidney function and total blood circulation of which I have two test done annually, an angio gram and a doppler-ultrasound ...they tell me the blood flow is of someone in the 40's, not 70's
Have you tried drinking a shot of apple cider vinegar in the morning? I've been doing that and my BP has actually been a bit lower. Not sure if it's quack science, it sure tastes like something awful, but it seems to be working for me.
I have not tried the Apple Cider Vinegar....I may try that for a few months prior to my next check up, and see if there is a difference in the numbers..thanks for the suggestion....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Some solid pub here regarding our testing protocols for covid with some dannen quotes

https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/14/c ... ons-tulane

You can merge this with existing threads if need be
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Interesting story Jack Nicklaus and his wife both in their 80’s tested positive in March and did fine.
https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-07- ... -covid-19/
He said that his wife never showed any symptoms and that he had a cough and sore throat. He said that they have both tested positive for antibodies and felt comfortable being in public because "theoretically we can't get it and can't give it. That's a nice position to be in.''
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:27 pm Interesting story Jack Nicklaus and his wife both in their 80’s tested positive in March and did fine.
He said that his wife never showed any symptoms and that he had a cough and sore throat. He said that they have both tested positive for antibodies and felt comfortable being in public because "theoretically we can't get it and can't give it. That's a nice position to be in.''
The presentation of this post is insanely misleading.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:56 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:27 pm Interesting story Jack Nicklaus and his wife both in their 80’s tested positive in March and did fine.
The presentation of this post is insanely misleading.
Lol facts “insanely misleading”.
I forgot good news and successful recoveries are not allowed in this coronavirus discussion thread and may mislead. :roll:
Yes of course some here would prefer he and his wife died to fit their narrative.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jack made the announcement during the final round of his tournament, the Memorial this past Sunday. He said that he and Barbara (his wife) stayed quarantined for a month, and then for another month only ventured out for short trips for necessities. He announced that they were starting yet another fundraising effort (he and Barbara have been huge philanthropists for decades) for those suffering from COVID19, especially "Those less fortunate (than he and Barbara) whom have lost loved ones."

The interesting thing is that he felt confident that since he had the virus, and now has the antibodies he won't get or spread the virus. Meanwhile, in the past week or so there's been multiple reports of people getting the virus a second time, and a woman in NJ has suffered through 3 infections of the virus. There's still a lot nobody knows about this virus, and the country as a whole is worse off now than we were in March.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:41 am Jack made the announcement during the final round of his tournament, the Memorial this past Sunday. He said that he and Barbara (his wife) stayed quarantined for a month, and then for another month only ventured out for short trips for necessities. He announced that they were starting yet another fundraising effort (he and Barbara have been huge philanthropists for decades) for those suffering from COVID19, especially "Those less fortunate (than he and Barbara) whom have lost loved ones."

The interesting thing is that he felt confident that since he had the virus, and now has the antibodies he won't get or spread the virus. Meanwhile, in the past week or so there's been multiple reports of people getting the virus a second time, and a woman in NJ has suffered through 3 infections of the virus. There's still a lot nobody knows about this virus, and the country as a whole is worse off now than we were in March.
I’d disagree. We are better off today because we are closer to having a vaccine. We’re already in Ph3 for some candidates. Currently there are 133 vaccine candidates in trials around the world and many already are proving to be effective. In the US (they have 42) I have a friend that’s signing up to volunteer for the Moderna phase 3 trial here in Louisiana. Phase 2 tested 45 volunteers and had a 100% effective rate for creating antibodies. Phase 3 you get the vaccine twice. The first time a low dosage and then you go back in a few weeks and get a higher dosage. This is just one of many. There will be a vaccine sooner than later on this virus. All the tests are being fast tracked by the FDA.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Trump’s Charlottesville “very fine people on both sides” comment was highlighted from a very long interview (google Politifact Trump Charlottesville quote) in which he condemned the white nationalists and bad guys on both sides of that protest which turned violent before making that statement. The mass media has held up his good guy part as the keystone of his racism and acceptance of white supremist. Totally false and they know it. Unfortunately Trump’s lying has allowed the media to tear down their cloak of objectivity in covering the news in order to take him down. As a result they find it acceptable to lie as much if not more in covering him.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:58 am Trump’s Charlottesville “very fine people on both sides” comment was highlighted from a very long interview (google Politifact Trump Charlottesville quote) in which he condemned the white nationalists and bad guys on both sides of that protest which turned violent before making that statement. The mass media has held up his good guy part as the keystone of his racism and acceptance of white supremist. Totally false and they know it. Unfortunately Trump’s lying has allowed the media to tear down their cloak of objectivity in covering the news in order to take him down. As a result they find it acceptable to lie as much if not more in covering him.
[/quote
I knew who he considered to be the "good guys" on both sides when he said it. Does not take a genius to figure it out; It was not a pointed statement.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
greenie78
Riptide

But there weren’t good guys on both sides.
1989alum
Low Tide

Idiot President.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:57 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:41 am Jack made the announcement during the final round of his tournament, the Memorial this past Sunday. He said that he and Barbara (his wife) stayed quarantined for a month, and then for another month only ventured out for short trips for necessities. He announced that they were starting yet another fundraising effort (he and Barbara have been huge philanthropists for decades) for those suffering from COVID19, especially "Those less fortunate (than he and Barbara) whom have lost loved ones."

I’d disagree. We are better off today because we are closer to having a vaccine. We’re already in Ph3 for some candidates. Currently there are 133 vaccine candidates in trials around the world and many already are proving to be effective. In the US (they have 42) I have a friend that’s signing up to volunteer for the Moderna phase 3 trial here in Louisiana. Phase 2 tested 45 volunteers and had a 100% effective rate for creating antibodies. Phase 3 you get the vaccine twice. The first time a low dosage and then you go back in a few weeks and get a higher dosage. This is just one of many. There will be a vaccine sooner than later on this virus. All the tests are being fast tracked by the FDA.
In addition to getting closer to a vaccine, the case fatality rate keeps falling.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana