Scott Cowen

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GREAT!

Can Tulane break any and all ties with him immediately? No more "President Emeritus" of "Scott Cowen Institute". Not teaching any classes, and not a Tulane spokesperson. And, as golfnut has been urging for a few years, an investigation into the FEMA money and where it was spent.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 pm GREAT!

Can Tulane break any and all ties with him immediately? No more "President Emeritus" of "Scott Cowen Institute". Not teaching any classes, and not a Tulane spokesperson. And, as golfnut has been urging for a few years, an investigation into the FEMA money and where it was spent.
+1,000,000!!! Great question and suggestions. Please Tulane, expunge any connection with this academic con-artist—except a full audit of the money trail that went thru Cowen—likely a pipe dream because academic institutions are not bastions of accountability, and instead just focus on the next round of money coming from their money trees.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Guarantees CWR at least a 10 point drop in their academic rankings. Cowen operates like a virus—he’ll install some cronies on the CWR board, and then suddenly they’ll ask him to stay permanently as president—then he’ll start reaching into the CWR cookie jar.
Dave breslin
Swell

First, we have corona. Second, we have riots. Third, we have Scotty back in the news. Will hell ever end? What’s the next catastrophe for mankind?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:02 pm First, we have corona. Second, we have riots. Third, we have Scotty back in the news. Will hell ever end? What’s the next catastrophe for mankind?
Yeah it actually makes me happy for him to be elsewhere. He will be too distracted to try and weasel his way back in here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I'm with the liberals and Josef Stalin on this one.....Tear down Cowen Cirlce..erase the past.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 am I'm with the liberals and Josef Stalin on this one.....Tear down Cowen Cirlce..erase the past.....
Will make a Stalinist out of you before the last chapter is written. :lol:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 am I'm with the liberals and Josef Stalin on this one.....Tear down Cowen Cirlce..erase the past.....
George Orwell's 1984..."every street and statue has been renamed, every historical date deleted or altered"....it's happening in front of my eyes..
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:22 am
GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:10 am
George Orwell's 1984..."every street and staue has been renamed, every historical date deleted or altered"....it's happening in front of my eyes..
Yep. And when the next round of riots occurs (usually about every 25 years), they'll find some other meaningless symbolic initiative to embrace, and wonder why things haven't improved.
ajcalhoun
Swell

I am a terrible person. I saw that the thread was bumped and I was disappointed when it wasn't a death notice.
God Bless Everyone!
MicMan
Swell

Post-Katrina Tulane dropped the application fee causing apps to skyrocket. Genius. Didn't the Business School fraud occur under Cowen's watch?
squilz
Low Tide

MicMan wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:47 pm Post-Katrina Tulane dropped the application fee causing apps to skyrocket. Genius. Didn't the Business School fraud occur under Cowen's watch?
tbf, I think dropping the application fee isn't a bad idea. In theory it is one small step towards making college more accessible to more people. Of course, the student body under Cowen wasn't exactly diverse economically (or otherwise) and no one seemed to mind. And yes, the b-school number fudging occurred during the Cowen years.
GreenLantern
Riptide

squilz wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:14 pm
MicMan wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:47 pm Post-Katrina Tulane dropped the application fee causing apps to skyrocket. Genius. Didn't the Business School fraud occur under Cowen's watch?
tbf, I think dropping the application fee isn't a bad idea. In theory it is one small step towards making college more accessible to more people. Of course, the student body under Cowen wasn't exactly diverse economically (or otherwise) and no one seemed to mind. And yes, the b-school number fudging occurred during the Cowen years.
I saw a tweet a few months ago from a young black student. She summed up Tulane's lack of diversity in less than a dozen words:
"Tulane students! Smart as f**K! Rich as f**k! White as f**k!"

The context of the tweet was that she was prideful in her school but was disappointed at the lack of racial and economic diversity.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Fun fact: LSU has a higher % of white students (72%) than Tulane (70%) and is the state “flagship” public university.

I fell down a bit of a hole researching stats. 51% of Tulane students families have income surpassing 100k per year. :shock: That is higher than Vandy, Emory, SMU, Northwestern & USC. With any sort of winning, tradition and fun atmosphere on campus our fundraising and booster #’s will be just fine.
Bigschtick
Riptide

He just loves all the adulation. The guys just another grifter. Take everything he and the lovely Margie can get. Bet she will get some BS position.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:54 pm He just loves all the adulation. The guys just another grifter. Take everything he and the lovely Margie can get. Bet she will get some BS position.
Marge passed away within the last year.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:14 pm
I saw a tweet a few months ago from a young black student. She summed up Tulane's lack of diversity in less than a dozen words:

The context of the tweet was that she was prideful in her school but was disappointed at the lack of racial and economic diversity.
I luv when someone states / post an opinion, without going thru the "thought process" of forming one....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

She’d be wrong. 50.7% white. 49.3% non-white

https://images.app.goo.gl/sKtqmLCNvgN66AY99
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:06 pm

1) i think you need to re assess non-white on this chart and consider sources.

From TU website
https://tulane.edu/about/facts-and-figures

“22 percent are students of color.”

Is that right or wrong, idk.

Just facts really. Frustrating that you bull$hit people on this site. Present real data and let people discuss. What you presented was total garbage.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:44 am

From TU website

Just facts really. Frustrating that you bull$hit people on this site. Present real data and let people discuss. What you presented was total garbage.
No need for the attacks.
She said “white as f”. She did not say “people of color”.
Trying to be accurate that’s all.
So under your logic Asian’s must be white. :roll:
Besides blacks Asians from whole Asia (Includes East-Asians), Persians, Arabs, other middle-eastern, Hispanic/latinos, Australian aborigines, Native Americans, The Maori and many other groups are seen as people of color.
Not buying your bull$hit to change accuracy of her accusation.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:01 am

From TU website

No need for the attacks.
Besides blacks Asians from whole Asia (Includes East-Asians), Persians, Arabs, other middle-eastern, Hispanic/latinos, Australian aborigines, Native Americans, The Maori and many other groups are seen as people of color.
I don’t care about some silly 20 year olds tweet, but you stats are wrong.

https://registrar.tulane.edu/sites/regi ... E_2019.pdf

It 70% white. 25% “people of color” i don’t know what the heck that includes. Look TU is a very high priced university. They seem to be making progress with diversification but we don’t have an ivy league endowment so until socio economic factors change, there will be more white students. But obviously right now no one wants to accept that reality, which i understand.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:43 am

From TU website

No need for the attacks.

It 70% white. 25% “people of color” i don’t know what the heck that includes. Look TU is a very high priced university. They seem to be making progress with diversification but we don’t have an ivy league endowment so until socio economic factors change, there will be more white students. But obviously right now no one wants to accept that reality, which i understand.
But I’m confused- LSU is even more white than Tulane and is a public university.

Did that student come from a primarily non white highschool & community ? Because I am sure that would be jarring. Going to college is about opening your horizons and receiving an education inside and out of the classroom. The 2010 census has 72% of Americans as identifying as white, so Tulanes population reflects that. I will also say I’m sure the student who tweeted that didn’t experience as many asian and international folks until they came to Tulane.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:43 am

From TU website

No need for the attacks.

But I’m confused- LSU is even more white than Tulane and is a public university.

Did that student come from a primarily non white highschool & community ? Because I am sure that would be jarring. Going to college is about opening your horizons and receiving an education inside and out of the classroom. The 2010 census has 72% of Americans as identifying as white, so Tulanes population reflects that. I will also say I’m sure the student who tweeted that didn’t experience as many asian and international folks until they came to Tulane.
Its about the same tmk, which is indicative of our crappy inter city schools. Sad really.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:18 pm

I luv when someone states / post an opinion, without going thru the "thought process" of forming one....
Are f**k's particularly skewed to the smart, rich and white? I thought f**k's were pretty evenly available to the general population.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wait, what???